Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

AOC claims social media is a ‘public health risk,’ causes ‘addiction’

Image result for "AOC claims social media is a ‘public health risk,’ causes ‘addiction’"

When you're right, you're right.

She's not afraid of Zuckerberg either. Fearless.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/aoc-claims-social-media-is-a-public-health-risk-causes-addiction/ar-BBVXYrs?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., claimed in a new interview that social media is a “public health risk” posing many negative effects, including “depression” and “addiction.”

“Social media poses a public health risk to everybody,” Ocasio-Cortez said in an interview on Yahoo News' “Skullduggery” podcast. “There are amplified impacts for young people, particularly children under the age of 3, with screen time. But I think it has a lot of effects on older people. I think it has effects on everybody. Increased isolation, depression, anxiety, addiction, escapism.”

Ocasio-Cortez prefaced her comments by stating she had deleted her own personal Facebook, even though she still maintains campaign accounts while connecting with her followers mainly on Twitter and Instagram.

“I personally gave up Facebook, which was kind of a big deal because I started my campaign on Facebook. And Facebook was my primary digital organizing tool for a very long time. I gave up on it,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez is one of the most influential members of Congress on social media, amassing almost 4 million Twitter followers and more than 3 million on Instagram.

In January, the freshman representative helped lead a social media session with other Democratic lawmakers.

Last week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., jabbed at Ocasio-Cortez in an interview with USA Today over her social media habits.

“While there are people who have a large number of Twitter followers, what’s important is that we have large numbers of votes on the floor of the House,” Pelosi said. (Keep it up, smart-ass, AOC will put you in your place.-drvoke)

She's not afraid of Zuckerberg?

I'm not either.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

So it is safe to assume Ms. Queso-Chips will lead by example and get the fuk off all social media?

+1

4 minutes ago, Z09 said:

I'm not either.

and you dont look like mr.ed….

5 minutes ago, Z09 said:

I'm not either.

You're below the radar.

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

So it is safe to assume Ms. Queso-Chips will lead by example and get the fuk off all social media?

She got rid of her Facebook page. She walks the walk.

4 minutes ago, bigsky said:

and you dont look like mr.ed….

Hmmmm

And I can do things that AOC never even heard about

3 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Her Twitter account should be next!

Not a chance. That is the main communication line between politicians and their constituents.

7 minutes ago, drvoke said:

She got rid of her Facebook page. She walks the walk.

Really?  He Congressional page is still active, as is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Progressives (she may not host that page).

5 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Im still waiting for the college sex vid....its out there.  Girl is vapid, but HOT!

As long as she put up a façade or moral outrage, it would just make her more popular.

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Not a chance. That is the main communication line between politicians and their constituents.

So she DOESN'T walk the walk.  Politicians communicated with their constituents for 226 years without Facebook.

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

As long as she put up a façade or moral outrage, it would just make her more popular.

Fine with me.....I just wanna see those big titties.  Im on a mission...

Really?  He Congressional page is still active, as is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Progressives (she may not host that page).

She may have meant her personal page. She probably allows fundraising pages. She did graduate with a degree in economics after all.

Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Fine with me.....I just wanna see those big titties.  Im on a mission...

Dibs. You can have the sloppy seconds.

So she DOESN'T walk the walk.  Politicians communicated with their constituents for 226 years without Facebook.

How much stock do you have in the Pony Express? How's that working out for you?

7 minutes ago, drvoke said:

She may have meant her personal page. She probably allows fundraising pages. She did graduate with a degree in economics after all.

And couldn't get a job in the field.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

And couldn't get a job in the field.

A book deal is in the works already. She's doing just fine, thanks for your concern.

Maybe AOC has some ideas for legislation concerning this public health risk. She seems to be on top of things. I'll give her ideas the proper gravitas. 

36 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Image result for "AOC claims social media is a ‘public health risk,’ causes ‘addiction’"

When you're right, you're right.

She's not afraid of Zuckerberg either. Fearless.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/aoc-claims-social-media-is-a-public-health-risk-causes-addiction/ar-BBVXYrs?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., claimed in a new interview that social media is a “public health risk” posing many negative effects, including “depression” and “addiction.”

“Social media poses a public health risk to everybody,” Ocasio-Cortez said in an interview on Yahoo News' “Skullduggery” podcast. “There are amplified impacts for young people, particularly children under the age of 3, with screen time. But I think it has a lot of effects on older people. I think it has effects on everybody. Increased isolation, depression, anxiety, addiction, escapism.”

Ocasio-Cortez prefaced her comments by stating she had deleted her own personal Facebook, even though she still maintains campaign accounts while connecting with her followers mainly on Twitter and Instagram.

“I personally gave up Facebook, which was kind of a big deal because I started my campaign on Facebook. And Facebook was my primary digital organizing tool for a very long time. I gave up on it,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez is one of the most influential members of Congress on social media, amassing almost 4 million Twitter followers and more than 3 million on Instagram.

In January, the freshman representative helped lead a social media session with other Democratic lawmakers.

Last week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., jabbed at Ocasio-Cortez in an interview with USA Today over her social media habits.

“While there are people who have a large number of Twitter followers, what’s important is that we have large numbers of votes on the floor of the House,” Pelosi said. (Keep it up, smart-ass, AOC will put you in your place.-drvoke)

I thought people were leaving Facebook anyways?