I don't support the communist regime in Venezuela but this video got me thinking, this is what the definition of a well regulated militia is, not the madness we experience thats causes these terrible mass shootings 

No one needs to bother watching that video.  It's just a bunch of peasants playing with fake wooden rifles.  I have no idea what point the Communist is trying to make but playing with fake wooden guns is best left to Kindergartners.

The Swiss don't screw around with cheap wooden toys.  Here's a Swiss PE-57.

pe57_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Skans said:

Here's a Swiss PE-57.

That bolt looks familiar,  like the   K31 Schmidt-Rubin

1690ed468048106676bc7f99fd982c3a.jpg

7 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

the madness we experience thats causes these terrible mass shootings 

The  militia and lawful  use of  firearms  has nothing to do with  mass shootings

I Am a Well Regulated Militia.

Second-_Amendment--620x358.jpg

"The Sound of Freedom"

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

That bolt looks familiar,  like the   K31 Schmidt-Rubin

1690ed468048106676bc7f99fd982c3a.jpg

Yes it does - it's called a beer-keg bolt handle.  The Swiss seem to like incorporating miniature beer kegs into their rifles.  Look how nicely made that K31 is made.  The Swiss make the best guns and the best watches!

Here's a picture of the American version of the PE-57 called the SIG AMT (semi-auto .308):

o5my1egbqwq2.jpg&f=1

Just now, Skans said:

Look how nicely made that K31 is made. 

Probably the  finest  mass surplus rifle  out there  IMHO

I  love minez

1 minute ago, Skans said:

it's called a beer-keg bolt handle.

Awesome,  thanks

I  love the straight  pull bolt

7 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

I don't support the communist regime in Venezuela but this video got me thinking, this is what the definition of a well regulated militia is, not the madness we experience thats causes these terrible mass shootings 

Oh shut up already.   LOL

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

Probably the  finest  mass surplus rifle  out there  IMHO

I  love minez

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

Awesome,  thanks

I  love the straight  pull bolt

I remember seeing crates of the K31's at gun shows selling for about $125.  There were so many of them, and really nice ones too - I never thought to buy one.  Now, I REALLY wish I had purchased a few.

4 minutes ago, Skans said:

Here's a picture of the American version of the PE-57 called the SIG AMT (

OK...   WANT!!!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I remember seeing crates of the K31's at gun shows selling for about $125.  There were so many of them, and really nice ones too - I never thought to buy one.  Now, I REALLY wish I had purchased a few.

they are around $700  now and  rising fast

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

At 7 and rising fast ? 

Wow 😮 

8 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

OK...   WANT!!!

giphy.gif

Yeah, me too!  I've been wanting one now for about 15 years - they are always just more than I can justify spending on a rifle.  I bid on a couple of them at Rock Island Auction, only to be quickly outbid by people with more discretionary funds than what I have.  They usually sell in the $6,000 range.  I have one rifle set aside which I might consider trading even-up for a Sig AMT; a Holloway Arms HAC-7.

14 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

It would cost more than that to produce one today!

11 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

what the definition of a well regulated militia is, not the madness we experience thats causes these terrible mass shootings 

I agree with Elton, the second amendment has nothing to do with the mass shooting

Also to define the definition of a well regulated militia is to not to cherry pick its meaning, the definition or the proper saying is" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." while the framers were not exactly clear, what is clear is that phrase is an "absolute phrase" .

Which is why SCOTUS haven't  ruled the Second unconstitutional , Scalia even commented on the Absolute phrase.

Justices opinions in the 19th century doesn't really address fully.

5 hours ago, chairmanOFTB said:

I agree with Elton, the second amendment has nothing to do with the mass shooting

Also to define the definition of a well regulated militia is to not to cherry pick its meaning, the definition or the proper saying is" A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." while the framers were not exactly clear, what is clear is that phrase is an "absolute phrase" .

Which is why SCOTUS haven't  ruled the Second unconstitutional , Scalia even commented on the Absolute phrase.

Justices opinions in the 19th century doesn't really address fully.

it has everything to do with it we get rid of the second amndment we get rid of 99% of the mass shootings like australia did

9 hours ago, Skans said:

No one needs to bother watching that video.  It's just a bunch of peasants playing with fake wooden rifles.  I have no idea what point the Communist is trying to make but playing with fake wooden guns is best left to Kindergartners.

The Swiss don't screw around with cheap wooden toys.  Here's a Swiss PE-57.

pe57_1.jpg

then you should watch the video because at one point they give them real guns

3 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

it has everything to do with it we get rid of the second amndment we get rid of 99% of the mass shootings like australia did

really please post how many mass shootings Australia had before their gun ban?

how many shootings still happen today in Australia?

let me help you out see attached article 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-10/the-murders-we-do-not-hear-about-and-why/9960688

Even with their gun ban , murders by guns still happen, and stating there was a decline of mass shooting is disingenuous, mass shootings in Australia was rare to begin with

Just now, chairmanOFTB said:

really please post how many mass shootings Australia had before their gun ban?

how many shootings still happen today in Australia?

let me help you out see attached article 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-10/the-murders-we-do-not-hear-about-and-why/9960688

Even with their gun ban , murders by guns still happen, and stating there was a decline of mass shooting is disingenuous, mass shootings in Australia was rare to begin with

what gun ban, se you make statement like that with no evidence thats bullBad word

2 minutes ago, guilluamezenz said:

what gun ban, se you make statement like that with no evidence thats bullBad word

you said if we get rid of the 2nd amendment

if you get rid of the 2nd amendment you are banning guns which is what australia did, they banned certain guns and you said mass shootings declined.

I asked you how many mass shooting did australia have before their ban?

1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

you said if we get rid of the 2nd amendment

if you get rid of the 2nd amendment you are banning guns which is what australia did, they banned certain guns and you said mass shootings declined.

I asked you how many mass shooting did australia have before their ban?

they were averaging about once a year in the ten years previous to 1997, in the past twenty years there has been one