Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftwinger

Bernie Sanders Accuses Liberal Think Tank of Smearing Progressive Candidates

Recommended Posts

Mr. Sanders’s criticism of the Center for American Progress, delivered on Saturday in a letter obtained by The New York Times, reflects a simmering ideological battle within the Democratic Party and threatens to reopen wounds from the 2016 primary between him and Hillary Clinton’s allies. The letter airs criticisms shared among his supporters: that the think tank, which has close ties to Mrs. Clinton and the Democratic Party establishment, is beholden to corporate donors and has worked to quash a leftward shift in the party led partly by Mr. Sanders.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-candidates.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5839898-Bernie-Sanders-Letter-Accusing-CAP-of.html

 

Mr. Sanders sent the letter days after a website run by the action fund, ThinkProgress, suggested that his attacks on income inequality were hypocritical in light of his growing personal wealth. The letter is tantamount to a warning shot to the Democratic establishment that Mr. Sanders — who continues to criticize party insiders on the campaign trail — will not countenance a repeat of the 2016 primary, when he and his supporters believe party leaders and allies worked to deny him the Democratic nomination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"WASHINGTON — Senator Bernie Sanders, in a rare and forceful rebuke by a presidential candidate of an influential party ally, has accused a liberal think tank of undermining Democrats’ chances of taking back the White House in 2020 by “using its resources to smear” him and other contenders pushing progressive policies."

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-candidates.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mr. Sanders — who continues to criticize party insiders on the campaign trail — will not countenance a repeat of the 2016 primary, when he and his supporters believe party leaders and allies worked to deny him the Democratic nomination.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa crry crrrrrry wa wa wa cry wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm just a Squishhhhhhhhh

 

weeping-animated-emoji.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not wrong.  Turns out you can call your organization "The Center For Peace" and campaign tirelessly for war if that's your agenda.  CAP is clearly aligned with corporate dollars, and is not interested in furthering genuine progressive ideas.

 

If Warren ever gains any traction despite being in a media void of some sort, I have little doubt CAP will take more interest in her and start attacking her, a lifelong committed team player who just wants to clean up some of the worst of the corruption, and has the talent to get started on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, splunch said:

He's not wrong.  Turns out you can call your organization "The Center For Peace" and campaign tirelessly for war if that's your agenda.  CAP is clearly aligned with corporate dollars, and is not interested in furthering genuine progressive ideas.

 

If Warren ever gains any traction despite being in a media void of some sort, I have little doubt CAP will take more interest in her and start attacking her, a lifelong committed team player who just wants to clean up some of the worst of the corruption, and has the talent to get started on it.

 

Very disturbing that CAP is attacking the Democrats. I was wondering why forum right wingers were all saying the same exact thing in attacking Sanders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

Very disturbing that CAP is attacking the Democrats. I was wondering why forum right wingers were all saying the same exact thing in attacking Sanders. 

It just more clearly shows you that the line is not between Democrats and Republicans.  It's between Liberal citizens and those committed to enriching corporations at the expense of the liberty and financial independence of people.  Most of the noise is just a dog and pony show for the rubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, splunch said:

It just more clearly shows you that the line is not between Democrats and Republicans.  It's between Liberal citizens and those committed to enriching corporations at the expense of the liberty and financial independence of people.  Most of the noise is just a dog and pony show for the rubes.

 

We have an oligarchy which controls both parties. The DNC would rather lose as centrists than win with a traditional liberal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Mr. Sanders’s criticism of the Center for American Progress, delivered on Saturday in a letter obtained by The New York Times, reflects a simmering ideological battle within the Democratic Party and threatens to reopen wounds from the 2016 primary between him and Hillary Clinton’s allies. The letter airs criticisms shared among his supporters: that the think tank, which has close ties to Mrs. Clinton and the Democratic Party establishment, is beholden to corporate donors and has worked to quash a leftward shift in the party led partly by Mr. Sanders.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-candidates.html

Oh shiit...Hillary's colluding again.

 

Image result for laughing baby gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Skans said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa crry crrrrrry wa wa wa cry wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm just a Squishhhhhhhhh

 

weeping-animated-emoji.gif

Bernie better be careful.

 

Hillary probably has another dossier lying around somewhere.   lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Bernie in the Fox's den: Sanders takes anti-Trump pitch straight to 'state TV'

The Democratic frontrunner will speak at a Fox News town hall. He says it’s necessary to speak to Trump voters. Others 

 

Bernie Sanders will finish a four-day tour of Trump Country on Monday, with a town hall on the president’s favorite network: Fox News.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/15/bernie-sanders-fox-news-town-hall-trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

Quote


 

Bernie Sanders .....on the .... Fox News.

 

Fox - Fair and Balanced.

CNN - Communist News Network.

 

Trump sure shellacked Ilhan Omar - NEVER FORGET 911!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

Good for Sanders going to FOX. Maybe you brain dead trolls will learn something.

Fox is fair and balanced.  Presents all sides of a story, and even lots of non-political news.  Your Communist News Network is a shill organization for Democrat-Only non-stop political advertising.  The DOJ knows this and will pursue CNN for illegal campaign contributions.  You just wait and see - the smack-down of Democrats and Socialists has not even begun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skans said:

Fox is fair and balanced.  Presents all sides of a story, and even lots of non-political news.  Your Communist News Network is a shill organization for Democrat-Only non-stop political advertising.  The DOJ knows this and will pursue CNN for illegal campaign contributions.  You just wait and see - the smack-down of Democrats and Socialists has not even begun.

 

Hey stupid, I don't watch TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

Hey stupid, I don't watch TV.

Let me do this real slow for Tardwinger.  

 

I.........didn't.........say..........you.......watch.........TV.             I........didn't........reference........you.......watching............TV.    But,.......you...........did.........say:    "Sanders takes anti-Trump pitch straight to 'state TV"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

troll elsewhere 

I try so hard to break sentences down so that you can understand, but you show me no appreciation whatsoever!  I'm offended by you.  I was going to vote for Bernie Sanders, but because you offend me, I'm not going to vote for him.  You do know that I could have registered Democrat just to vote for your squish-boy Sanders in the Primaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unspoken assumption behind the vow of outreach to Trump voters

 

But you have to give Sanders credit for one thing: He’s arguing against the widespread yet unsupported belief that the only way for a Democrat to win any Republican votes is with milquetoast policy centrism.

 

That belief rests on the idea that voters make their decisions by assessing each candidate’s ideological position, and the candidate closest to the center is the one who wins. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/15/unspoken-assumption-behind-vow-outreach-trump-voters/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-g%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans&noredirect=on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

The unspoken assumption behind the vow of outreach to Trump voters

 

But you have to give Sanders credit for one thing: He’s arguing against the widespread yet unsupported belief that the only way for a Democrat to win any Republican votes is with milquetoast policy centrism.

 

That belief rests on the idea that voters make their decisions by assessing each candidate’s ideological position, and the candidate closest to the center is the one who wins. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/15/unspoken-assumption-behind-vow-outreach-trump-voters/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-g%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans&noredirect=on

Bernie is a squish.  Put me on ignore so that I can troll your posts without you knowing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

The unspoken assumption behind the vow of outreach to Trump voters

 

But you have to give Sanders credit for one thing: He’s arguing against the widespread yet unsupported belief that the only way for a Democrat to win any Republican votes is with milquetoast policy centrism.

If centrism were anything but repulsive to many voters, Hillary would have won in 2016.  Fact is, centrism is the path to 4 more years of Trump.  Bernie and Warren are selling much of what Trump sold in 2016, only without the utter lack of integrity, honesty, and substance that Trump has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, splunch said:

If centrism were anything but repulsive to many voters, Hillary would have won in 2016.  Fact is, centrism is the path to 4 more years of Trump.  Bernie and Warren are selling much of what Trump sold in 2016, only without the utter lack of integrity, honesty, and substance that Trump has.

 

Definition of "centrism":  Tell us what you want and we'll compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

Definition of "centrism":  Tell us what you want and we'll compromise.

Definition of "centrism":  we serve the same corporate masters as you, we'll just sell it with a kindler gentler rhetoric while pretending to be different from you, so the rubes don't know where to turn.

 

It's a political monopoly, is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, splunch said:

Definition of "centrism":  we serve the same corporate masters as you, we'll just sell it with a kindler gentler rhetoric while pretending to be different from you, so the rubes don't know where to turn.

 

It's a political monopoly, is what it is.

 

The Oligarchy is winning. Let's see how far Sanders or Warren go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Center for American Progress is more conservative than most of us know ........ the word center means nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No holds barred chat

  • Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • grgle



  • Where’s at @slideman?


  • Hola


  • I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • Where does it say 2?


  • So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • Mine too. 


  • I thought it was my location.. 


  • Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


  • OK thanks

     



  • Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.


  • All lives matter.


  • Double post deleted.


  • By teacher

    Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

     

    This one is made for me. 


  • By teacher

    Being offended does not make one correct. 


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...