Sign in to follow this  
Arris

WHAT IF?

What if when Trump does not win the 2020 election, he refuses to accept the results of the election, accuses the democrats of cheating and fixing the election, and then declares a national emergency, ordering the military to keep him in power as the president. What would the military, what would congress do, particularly the republicans? What would his radical base do? I am assuming and hope the military would not back him up, but I am not sure about the republicans in congress and the radical elements in his base.  Being a pessimist and since Trump appears to be unstable, I would not put it pass him to take such an action.

That's only the second worst eventuality. It would be worse if he won the election, which could also happen.

But in your hypothetical scenario, once the states certified their election results, he would still be in office from election day until inauguration day. In that time, I expect he would be under the influence of various people, some for and some against his coup.

I hope that people at that level would against such an action, but I can't predict whether that's true. Maybe my fellow Americans been do deluded as to accept dictatorship; I don't know. If that's so, there will be a lot of very pissed off people in both sides with the right to bear arms. There may be armed skirmishes between supporters of the new president and those of the would-be dictator.

If he attempted it, many Americans on both sides of the argument would die. More than 100, less than a hundred thousand.

Matis walked away and the Marines would be the branch you need to turn

our military is to small to take over America with only 2 million active and the Marines the only viable force to take it by foot