We now also need a thread to alarm us about the national annual budget deficit. It is going over a trillion dollars this year. It is back up where the last Republican left it. Obama had the deficit down to 350 Billion or less. We are headed in the wrong direction again.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/438272-us-deficit-soars-to-691-billion-expected-to-top-1-trillion-this-year

The federal deficit in the first six months of the 2019 fiscal year reached $691 billion, according to new federal data, eclipsing the full-year deficits from 2015-2017.

The data released by the Treasury Department projects that deficits will reach $1.1 trillion by the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.

Meanwhile twice as many companies will avoid paying taxes this year.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/438376-report-finds-twice-as-many-companies-will-avoid-paying-taxes-this-year-as-in?fbclid=IwAR0ZPFjf2GT3mZJYPMjpca3-H_g0LzCMnQDv2jsaK8LY4DI89PAW-rKf_Ro

NBC News, in partnership with nonprofit investigative news outlet The Center for Public Integrity (CPI), reported Thursday that under the GOP-backed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, more top companies were able to “zero out their federal income taxes.” 

Obama ^^^^^17 trillion dollard

2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Obama ^^^^^17 trillion dollard

The debt is not the same as the deficit. But since you insist.

Trump 22 Trillion Dollars.

Remember when the clown promised to eliminate the deficit?  

Funny thing was.... republican fools believed him.

Just now, maineman said:

Remember when the clown promised to eliminate the deficit?  

Funny thing was.... republican fools believed him.

REMEMBER WHEN MOOCHIE'S MOM MOVED INTO THE WH AND THE TAX PAYERS FOOTED THE BILL???????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

REMEMBER WHEN MOOCHIE'S MOM MOVED INTO THE WH AND THE TAX PAYERS FOOTED THE BILL???????????????????????????????????

do you think that cost anywhere near as much as just ONE of the clown's golfing trips to Mar-o-Lago?

2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

OBAMA 17 TRILLION

how big was the debt when Obama took over?

Trump is a joke and a big spender just like the Democrats. I find it funny that Will is crying about it. He loves spending, just not when his party isn't doing it. 

Out of control spending will sink this country and both sides will point at the other. Pathetic. 

Just now, maineman said:

He doesn't know debt from deficit.

My calculation is that he will talk debt when he mentions a Democrat's numbers, and talk deficit when talking a Republican's numbers. So be prepared for him to compare apples and oranges.

1 minute ago, WillFranklin said:

The debt is not the same as the deficit. But since you insist.

Trump 22 Trillion Dollars.

You are right, the deficit needs to come down.  So, why do Democrats continue to resist cutting:

Medicaid

Social Security Disability for those who never paid into SS

Food Stamps

SNAP

Housing assistance

Pell grants

TANF

Head Start

WIC

Child Care

LIHEAP

PBS / NPR

NEA

And, about 90 other totally wasteful junk-programs?

2 minutes ago, maineman said:

VERY LOW

Just now, Redoctober said:

Trump is a joke and a big spender just like the Democrats. I find it funny that Will is crying about it. He loves spending, just not when his party isn't doing it. 

Out of control spending will sink this country and both sides will point at the other. Pathetic. 

Why shouldn't the wealthy and the corporations pay their fair share?

POOR SHILLY AND PUSSYBOY MM SUCKING EACH OTHER'S DICKS

Just now, Skans said:

You are right, the deficit needs to come down.  So, why do Democrats continue to resist cutting:

Medicaid

Social Security Disability for those who never paid into SS

Food Stamps

SNAP

Housing assistance

Pell grants

TANF

Head Start

WIC

Child Care

LIHEAP

PBS / NPR

NEA

And, about 90 other totally wasteful junk-programs?

Health care for the poor, elderly, and disabled is not wasteful, just to start with on your list.

You also forgot to mention military waste, where we spend more than the next 12 leading countries combined.

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

VERY LOW

Bush had high deficits. He had already run up the debt.

Clinton was the last one to have a surplus.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

Bush had high deficits. He had already run up the debt.

Clinton was the last one to have a surplus.

LYING CRYING SHILLY WILLY

3 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Why shouldn't the wealthy and the corporations pay their fair share?

Thank you for confirming you don't really care about spending and that you pointing out Trump's pathetic record on spending is fake. You confirmed this by changing the subject to the old liberal standby of "corporations". It has nothing to do with the topic. 

Unlike you, I am consistent on this issue. Both parties LOOOOOOVE to spend. I get more pissed at the GOP because they lie to their base and say they are fiscally conservative but we know they aren't. The Democrats flat out tell you they will spend us into oblivion and dopes like you cheer them all the way to financial ruin. 

1 minute ago, Redoctober said:

Thank you for confirming you don't really care about spending and that you pointing out Trump's pathetic record on spending is fake.

Unlike you, I am consistent on this issue. Both parties LOOOOOOVE to spend. I get more pissed at the GOP because they lie to their base and say they are fiscally conservative but we know they aren't. The Democrats flat out tell you they will spend us into oblivion and dopes like you cheer them all the way to financial ruin. 

++++++++++++++++++111111111111111111111111111111111111

4 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

VERY LOW

if you think that $10 TRILLION is "very low", I guess.

lol

1 minute ago, Redoctober said:

Thank you for confirming you don't really care about spending and that you pointing out Trump's pathetic record on spending is fake.

I want to tackle military waste, given that we spend more than the next 12 leading countries combined,

3 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Health care for the poor, elderly, and disabled is not wasteful, just to start with on your list.

Yes it is - it's all a huge payola waste bucket.  When you agree to get rid of all of this crap, only then will I listen to what you have to say about deficits and the military.  You are full of it until you address what I just threw at you - THE REAL WASTE!

the list of programs Skans gives are all bug dust in the grand scheme of things. 

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

if you think that $10 TRILLION is "very low", I guess.

lol

YOU POOR COCKSUCKER MM