Chuck!

Ohio Passes Heartbeat Bill - Seventh State to Ban Abortions at Detectable Heartbeat

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/09/heartbeat-bill-ohio-house-expected-pass-abortion-ban/3401

Heartbeat bill: Ohio lawmakers pass one the nation's most restrictive abortion bans

COLUMBUS – Ohio's GOP-controlled Legislature passed one of the nation's most restrictive abortion bans Wednesday, sending the bill to Gov. Mike DeWine, who is expected to sign it.

Senate Bill 23 would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected and prosecute doctors who perform them anyway. It passed the Ohio House of Representatives, 56-40, and the Ohio Senate approved the House's changes soon after, 18-12. 

As lawmakers debated the "heartbeat bill," dueling groups of demonstrators chanted outside the House chamber so loudly they could be heard on the other side of the Statehouse. One side yelled "stop the bans" and "my body, my choice" while the other chanted "Jesus" repeatedly and sang "Amazing Grace."

There were tears and prayers.

Under the bill, doctors would face a fifth-degree felony punishable by up to a year in prison for performing an abortion after detecting a heartbeat. The bill has an exception to save the life of the woman but no exception for rape or incest – in line with current state law. 

"Americans and Ohioans have been waiting for this bill," said Rep. Candice Keller, R-Middletown. "They agree that a child is a child when their heart is beating."

Rep. Tim Ginter, an ordained minister, cited several Biblical passages in support of restricting abortion in Ohio. 

"Is the fetus a person, regardless of the level of development? I believe it is," said Ginter, R-Salem.

Democratic Rep. Beth Liston, an internal medicine and pediatrics physician, said there was no way for a fetus to survive outside the uterus at six weeks gestation or even 12 weeks gestation.

"Simply put, you need lungs and a brain to live, and no amount of technology we have will change this," Liston said. 

On Wednesday, Democrats offered a slew of amendments to offer an exemption for rape and incest, eliminate the statute of limitations on rape, prevent taxpayers from paying the legal bill for the imminent court battle, exempt African-American women from the abortion ban and even require DNA from all men to ensure child support is paid.

All were rejected by the GOP-controlled House. 

Democrats expressed frustration with the amount of time devoted to abortion restrictions rather than tackling infant mortality, education or drug addiction. 

Proponents of abortion access are expected to file a lawsuit to challenge the constitutionality of the law – similar to legislation passed in Arkansas, North Dakota, Iowa, Kentucky and Mississippi. To date, all courts have found the legislation unconstitutional; some litigation is ongoing. The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to take up the issue so far. 

"If this is what it takes, we'll see you at the Supreme Court," said Iris Harvey, chief executive officer and president of Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio. 

The heartbeat bill has been introduced five times since 2011. Former Republican Gov. John Kasich vetoed it twice, saying Ohio would foot a costly legal bill defending the unconstitutional proposal. 

DeWine, a Republican, has already said he would sign the anti-abortion legislation. Ohio is the seventh state to pass this abortion ban.

No, I'm not tired of winning yet!

:)

18 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/09/heartbeat-bill-ohio-house-expected-pass-abortion-ban/3401

Heartbeat bill: Ohio lawmakers pass one the nation's most restrictive abortion bans

No, I'm not tired of winning yet!

Wow - a bunch of sanctimonious redneck bullies "pass" a bill to force their religious beliefs on women, forcing them to risk their health and lives..

Good thing there is no chance it will be struck down in court!

Good thing it wasn't just an empty action meant to control and diddle and manipulate their moron followers into a frenzy of gloating glee!

It's almost a certainty this will be swatted down in the courts as it clearly violates Roe v Wade.   

50 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

It's almost a certainty this will be swatted down in the courts as it clearly violates Roe v Wade.   

roe v wade is going to be struck down....that decision was about privacy....and mueller ended professional privacy when he raided trumps lawyers office....

1 hour ago, DemoMan said:

Wow - a bunch of sanctimonious redneck bullies

IMG-0348-1.jpg

Just now, Chuck! said:

IMG-0348-1.jpg

the young kids today are against abortion....a side effect of teaching them too much compassion....

7 minutes ago, bigsky said:

this is great.

5 minutes ago, bigsky said:

roe v wade is going to be struck down....that decision was about privacy....and mueller ended professional privacy when he raided trumps lawyers office....

And we're gonna have a law already in place.
Winning

Ten years ago there were 17 clinics in Ohio that performed abortions
Today there are six.
Winning

These things just don't happen by chance you know.
There is a plan
Did you know most anti abortionists are progun?

Winning

5 minutes ago, bigsky said:

the young kids today are against abortion....a side effect of teaching them too much compassion....

Top picture and bottom video show the gauntlet the House members had to run to get into and out of the House chamber.
The Chamber is on the left, and the caucus rooms and back stairwells are across that mob and down the hallway to the right.
Very few troopers as guards, and the crowd was quite intimidating. Earlier times they spit at them. I haven't heard any stories like that this time yet

4 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

And we're gonna have a law already in place.
Winning

Ten years ago there were 17 clinics in Ohio that performed abortions
Today there are six.
Winning

These things just don't happen by chance you know.
There is a plan
Did you know most anti abortionists are progun?

Winning

most of the people that hate abortion are women....men keep it legal so they can off their bastard children and their wives never the wiser....it is a gross industry...cant believe it is a crime to kill a puppy but not a baby

1 minute ago, Chuck! said:

Top picture and bottom video show the gauntlet the House members had to run to get into and out of the House chamber.
The Chamber is on the left, and the caucus rooms and back stairwells are across that mob and down the hallway to the right.
Very few troopers as guards, and the crowd was quite intimidating. Earlier times they spit at them. I haven't heard any stories like that this time yet

well...good for you guys.....im glad you are kicking that ass.....save the babies...

11 minutes ago, bigsky said:

well...good for you guys.....im glad you are kicking that ass.....save the babies...

I'm pretty proud of my state.
We don't call it The Great State of Ohio for nothing, you know

8 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Women in Ohio are now 2nd class citizens.  Something to be proud of.  :wacko:  

No they're not; We don't value our women by the babies they kill.

Winning

Just now, Chuck! said:

I'm pretty proud of my state.
We don't call it The Great State of Ohio for nothing, you know

No they're not; We don't value our women by the babies they kill.

Winning

today is a pretty good day for the American people....all the way around. 

19 minutes ago, bigsky said:

save the babies..

Never met a baby I didn't think should be saved

Just now, Chuck! said:

right...my daughter just had a little baby.....couldn't imagine her killing her....I wish montana had abortion laws like yer state....

2 hours ago, DemoMan said:

Wow - a bunch of sanctimonious redneck bullies "pass" a bill to force their religious beliefs on women, forcing them to risk their health and lives..

Good thing it wasn't just an empty action meant to control and diddle and manipulate their moron followers into a frenzy of gloating glee!

+1

Just now, bigsky said:

today is a pretty good day for the American people....all the way around. 

While these jagoffs bitch and whine on here day in and day out I get out there and do something to make the world better.

6 minutes ago, bigsky said:

right...my daughter just had a little baby.....couldn't imagine her killing her....I wish montana had abortion laws like yer state....

These are VERY effective. The porborts hate them because they are the opposite of ignorance

Storks.jpg

Exterior-Chicago.jpg

2 hours ago, DemoMan said:

Good thing it wasn't just an empty action

Good thing we passed a gasoline tax to pay for it!

6 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

You're one step away from Mormon crazy. You just have to regret all the babies that have yet to be conceived. Pressure women to have as many children as they can until their uterus falls out or until they die in childbirth. (which often happens).

26 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Women in Ohio are now 2nd class citizens.

Fetus's are now first class citizens.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

You'd think they would know this by now.

ilhan_omar_3.jpg?itok=oETZvyw-

"In my country, we don't care what your laws are."

kj

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Related image

The human plague continues to spread unabated. 

More feral blacks are what you're afraid of.

kj