KneeJerk

Third World diseases threaten US citizenry. "Measles cases soar across US: 'It's getting worse' "

Just now, impartialobserver said:

What is entertaining is that these far-left and far-right types who are anti-vaxx will tell you that they are diametrically opposed to their counterparts. Take a step back and listen to them and they are one in the same. 

Yep.

You nailed it...

16 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

A lot of docs use it on patients that can’t afford or insurance won’t cover a composite filling. Often times patients that  have special needs, or children ( any pt that is extremely difficult or the prep site won’t stay dry ) 

but most offices have moved away from amalgam and use composite or variation of it. 

Temporary means that- temporary - great that you’ve had a good run with it- but I’d be willing to bet you have recurrent decay where you plugged your Walgreens filling in. Go check it out 

Not a chance.

I KNOW where to get antibiotics. I have been duped by greedy dentists for the last time.

What was "temporary" were all the fillings any dentist ever charged me for, ever.

14 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Not a chance.

I KNOW where to get antibiotics. I have been duped by greedy dentists for the last time.

What was "temporary" were all the fillings any dentist ever charged me for, ever.

Don’t get me started on dentists 

5 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Don’t get me started on dentists 

I go to a real doctor,and he tells me, take these pills, perhaps try taking 400 mgs pf magnesium for leg cramps.

I go to a dentist, and he comes up with this "plan" that I must follow, which involves paying him large sums of money for work he will not guarantee, which tend to be something like half a payment on an Audi 8.

My doctor, I follow his advice.

Dentists? Not so much.

As for seeing a dentist about some lurking dental decay, no, thanks.

Never ask the barber if you need a haircut. You already know the answer.

My dentist?

20 years of trust.

kj

https://www.wsj.com/articles/measles-cases-continue-to-soar-stirring-concern-over-long-term-effects-11555337326

Measles Cases Continue to Soar, Stirring Concern Over Long-Term Effects

Research shows immune system could be left in a temporary state of amnesia

By
Melanie Evans and
Betsy McKay
Updated April 15, 2019 6:18 p.m. ET

The number of new U.S. measles cases continued to accelerate last week as health authorities race to curb the outbreaks and scientists who study the virus say measles may be more harmful than once believed.

There were 555 cases of measles in 20 states this year as of April 11, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday, 90 more than were reported the previous week.

The increase in cases means 2019 could soon become the worst for measles in the U.S. since the disease was officially eliminated—meaning that it stopped circulating continuously—in 2000. In 2014, the worst year since elimination, 667 cases were reported.

The U.S. outbreaks this year are among the latest to emerge in developed countries, where high overall vaccination rates and access to health care make death from measles uncommon. Measles complications and deaths are a greater threat in poorer regions of the world, where inadequate nutrition and greater exposure to other infections can make it harder to fight off effects of measles.

kj

Not when they have amnesia ...

kj