KneeJerk

Third World diseases threaten US citizenry. "Measles cases soar across US: 'It's getting worse' "

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/thimerosal/

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that has been used for decades in the United States in multi-dose vials (vials containing more than one dose) of medicines and vaccines. There is no evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure.

Oh, good.

https://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/dentalproducts/dentalamalgam/ucm171094.htm

What is bioaccumulation?

Bioaccumulation refers to the build-up or steadily increasing concentration of a chemical in organs or tissues in the body.  Mercury from dental amalgam and other sources (e.g., fish) is bioaccumulative. Studies of healthy subjects with amalgam fillings have shown that mercury from exposure to mercury vapor bioaccumulates in certain tissues of the body including kidneys and brain.

Trump must have LOTS of fillings.

kj

4 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

mv5bywnlngi3zwutyjyzoc00yzi5ltg1ywitywi3

"ANTI-SEMITE!!!!"

Anatomy Of A Measles Outbreak

March 23, 2019

"It started with a traveler from Israel, where measles has been raging for months, making nearly 3,000 people sick and killing at least two people. The person went to New York, where yet another outbreak is under way. And then they visited the Detroit area.

Now, eight people in Oakland County, Michigan, have come down with the insanely contagious and potentially deadly illness—which was once eradicated in the U.S., but is making a comeback thanks to a growing anti-vaccination movement based on debunked conspiracy theories.

Health officials say there is one way to stop the spread in its tracks. “Unvaccinated individuals need to get vaccinated,” Leigh-Ann Stafford, health officer for Oakland County warned.

Since March 13, Michigan health authorities have sent out a series of increasingly worrisome bulletins, each with more confirmed cases and new locations where others may have been exposed to the virus, which can live in the air and infect the unvaccinated for up to two hours."

abbie_hoffman.jpg?w=600

3C44E4EEE.gif

Just now, Phoenix68 said:

mv5bywnlngi3zwutyjyzoc00yzi5ltg1ywitywi3

"ANTI-SEMITE!!!!"

abbie_hoffman.jpg?w=600

3C44E4EEE.gif

Most kids haven’t even had chicken pox. 

My brother had it and my parents made sure I got it too. ( questionable parenting) 

but regardless- I don’t hear of any kids getting it anymore . It’s a virus that has all been eliminated. 

I think this is more fear and scare Tactics

I’m allergic to thimerosol myself: developed it when it used to be in various contact lens clean/disinfect/storage solutions. 

A couple of of years later, I got a flu vaccination which contained thimerosol, it put me into anaphylactic shock, and I woke up in the hospital getting pure oxygen. 

But it at least I had a good excuse for missing my final. 

47 minutes ago, theLion said:

I’m allergic to thimerosol myself: developed it when it used to be in various contact lens clean/disinfect/storage solutions. 

A couple of of years later, I got a flu vaccination which contained thimerosol, it put me into anaphylactic shock, and I woke up in the hospital getting pure oxygen. 

But it at least I had a good excuse for missing my final. 

Holy crap. Never had anything like that happen, but I did manage to get strep AND mono at the same time.  Lost 15 lbs in ten days.

Measles (and other standard childhood vaccines) don't contain thimerosol.

I believe all flu vaccines are now available in thimerosol-free versions as well.

41 minutes ago, DemoMan said:

Holy crap. Never had anything like that happen, but I did manage to get strep AND mono at the same time.  Lost 15 lbs in ten days.

Measles (and other standard childhood vaccines) don't contain thimerosol.

I believe all flu vaccines are now available in thimerosol-free versions as well.

Yeah, got my first flu vac in years this year. No flu yet. 

Measles generally attack old, raised on hate, white - trash retards. Let's hope for a epidemic.

12 hours ago, fishhead said:

Measles generally attack old, raised on hate, white - trash retards. Let's hope for a epidemic.

Then sheMan might be the first to go.

kj

New York is being targeted by measled foreign invaders.

Someone is going to sue.

kj

Rightist loons: the deep state won’t force me to vaccinate my kids 

same loon: we can’t let in those filthy spics, their kids aren’t vaccinated and I don’t want no diseases

nuff said

😄

Puke liberals ruin everything.

kj

On 4/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, theLion said:

Yeah, got my first flu vac in years this year. No flu yet. 

Hey I’m a soccer mom 

my kid is badass at soccer 

Left halfback.

Only kid in my league bi-feetal.

And I didn't really like to run ...

kj

The anti vaxx people do not get their information from  either liberals or conservatives. They are simply ignorant people who like simple reasons for everything. Like Trump. He decided at some point to join the ignorant fools that claim that vaccines cause autism and, because he does not read, and thinks simple conspiracies are valid, joined the anti vaxxers.

Lately he has had nothing to say about this, because his smarter aides told him he was simply wrong, and of course, he can never admit he was wrong about anything.

On 4/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Imgreatagain said:

That’s like people who freak out about mercury in amalgam fillings . 

I fail to understand why dentists still use these.

I had a filling fall out, and plugged it with a "temporary" filling mixture I bought in the drugstore. That was in 1989. It has outlasted every filling I had.

Mercury is not good for you, but the mercury in fillings surely contains far more of it that what is in Merthiolate.

I've had some 'plastic' ones since the '80's and they're still GtG.

kj

43 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The anti vaxx people do not get their information from  either liberals or conservatives. They are simply ignorant people who like simple reasons for everything. Like Trump. He decided at some point to join the ignorant fools that claim that vaccines cause autism and, because he does not read, and thinks simple conspiracies are valid, joined the anti vaxxers.

Lately he has had nothing to say about this, because his smarter aides told him he was simply wrong, and of course, he can never admit he was wrong about anything.

Agreed. I know Anti-Vaxx types on both sides. However, these types are not moderates. They occupy the extremes of their respective sides. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

Agreed. I know Anti-Vaxx types on both sides. However, these types are not moderates. They occupy the extremes of their respective sides. 

Movements based on false assumptions tend to be fanatical.

I recall being utterly miserable with the measles for over a month, even longer than for chicken pox or the mumps.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Movements based on false assumptions tend to be fanatical.

I recall being utterly miserable with the measles for over a month, even longer than for chicken pox or the mumps.

What is entertaining is that these far-left and far-right types who are anti-vaxx will tell you that they are diametrically opposed to their counterparts. Take a step back and listen to them and they are one in the same. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

What is entertaining is that these far-left and far-right types who are anti-vaxx will tell you that they are diametrically opposed to their counterparts. Take a step back and listen to them and they are one in the same. 

In the words of Forrest Gump, "stupid is as stupid does".

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

I fail to understand why dentists still use these.

I had a filling fall out, and plugged it with a "temporary" filling mixture I bought in the drugstore. That was in 1989. It has outlasted every filling I had.

Mercury is not good for you, but the mercury in fillings surely contains far more of it that what is in Merthiolate.

A lot of docs use it on patients that can’t afford or insurance won’t cover a composite filling. Often times patients that  have special needs, or children ( any pt that is extremely difficult or the prep site won’t stay dry ) 

but most offices have moved away from amalgam and use composite or variation of it. 

Temporary means that- temporary - great that you’ve had a good run with it- but I’d be willing to bet you have recurrent decay where you plugged your Walgreens filling in. Go check it out 

On 4/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, Imgreatagain said:

DefensiveAgreeableEmperorpenguin-size_re

Most kids haven’t even had chicken pox. 

My brother had it and my parents made sure I got it too. ( questionable parenting) 

but regardless- I don’t hear of any kids getting it anymore . It’s a virus that has all been eliminated. 

I think this is more fear and scare Tactics

Deliberate Disinformation Behind Massive Measles Outbreak!!!!

February 13, 2019

"According to a 2018 study by the American Journal of Public Health, combating the problem has been made even more difficult by Russian trolls spreading disinformation on the subject. As ThinkProgress has previously documented, Kremlin-backed disinformation agents have specifically focused on wedge issues designed to divide Americans — like Black Lives Matter and immigration issues. Anti-vaccination, it seems, has also fallen into that category.

“Whereas bots that spread malware and unsolicited content disseminated antivaccine messages, Russian trolls promoted discord,” the study’s conclusion read. “Accounts masquerading as legitimate users create false equivalency, eroding public consensus on vaccination.” According to the paper, which analyzed a sample of 1.7 million tweets between July 2014 and September 2017, Russian trolls tweet about vaccines at a rate 22 times higher than the average user."

trump-shrug.jpg

56 minutes ago, KneeJerk said:

I've had some 'plastic' ones since the '80's and they're still GtG.

kj

I was told by a dentist that this particular tooth needed, a crown.

Yes, for approximately the cost of Lady Di's tiara, I could "save" my tooth.

It is easy to become an 'anti-dentite'.