KneeJerk

Third World diseases threaten US citizenry. "Measles cases soar across US: 'It's getting worse' "

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/03/us-sees-more-measles-reports-in-first-three-months-of-2019-than-in-all-of-2018

Country sees more cases in first three months of 2019 than in all of last year, CDC says

The US has seen more reports of measles cases in the first three months of 2019 than in the whole of last year, health officials said this week.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday reported 387 measles cases so far in 2019, 15 more than the total number of cases last year. The numbers make 2019 the second-worst year for measles since the United States declared itself measles-free nearly two decades ago.

Fifteen states reported confirmed measles cases this year. Rockland county in New York saw 157 cases, most of them concentrated in an ultra-Orthodox Jewish community. Clark county, Washington, reported 73 cases, the majority of them in children 10 and younger.

California reported 16 measles cases so far this year, compared with 21 cases in 2018. (Last year’s data is provisional and likely to change, according to the California department of public health.) The numbers come on the heels of the state’s 2014 and 2015 measles outbreak at Disneyland, which was the largest in state history.

The number of measles cases typically declines in the summer months, but experts worry the early 2019 numbers indicate the disease is on the rise.

“My concern is that this is trending the wrong way,” said Dr Peter Hotez, professor and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine and author of the book Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism.

“It’s getting worse, it’s not getting better,” he added.

I hope someone sues the DNC for this.

kj

I know of mother’s who refuse to vaccinate their kids. They are the biggest threats - they are peachtree dishes of potential viruses and diseases . I actually stopped being friends with one mother over this . She was a Bernie supporter - go fig 

55 minutes ago, KneeJerk said:

I hope someone sues the DNC for this.

Redneck morons refusing to vaccinate their kids isn't the DNC'S responsibility.

Why is it you cons NEVER take any personal responsibility for your actions?.

33 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I know of plenty very Conservative (mormon) anti-vaxxers. They are part of the problem.

Anti-vaxxers ARE the problem.

Get your kids vaccinated, and your child will NEVER get the measles.

"My kid got measles!     It's those IMMIGRANTS' FAULT!

Rednecks never change.   Always whining that other people should give them money and support them and take care of them.

Wait a min. This isn’t a redneck thing- infact it’s a left hippie bs thing. 

To let your child be a cornucopia of diseases is irresponsible and selfish 

43 minutes ago, harryramar said:

why, are they preventing rightist nuts from vaccinating their kids??

Why are they preventing the defense of our, oh sorry, my country which was measles free for twenty years?

kj

2 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

mv5bywnlngi3zwutyjyzoc00yzi5ltg1ywitywi3

"ANTI-SEMITE!!!!"

Anatomy Of A Measles Outbreak

March 23, 2019

"It started with a traveler from Israel, where measles has been raging for months, making nearly 3,000 people sick and killing at least two people. The person went to New York, where yet another outbreak is under way. And then they visited the Detroit area.

Now, eight people in Oakland County, Michigan, have come down with the insanely contagious and potentially deadly illness—which was once eradicated in the U.S., but is making a comeback thanks to a growing anti-vaccination movement based on debunked conspiracy theories.

Health officials say there is one way to stop the spread in its tracks. “Unvaccinated individuals need to get vaccinated,” Leigh-Ann Stafford, health officer for Oakland County warned.

Since March 13, Michigan health authorities have sent out a series of increasingly worrisome bulletins, each with more confirmed cases and new locations where others may have been exposed to the virus, which can live in the air and infect the unvaccinated for up to two hours."

abbie_hoffman.jpg?w=600

3C44E4EEE.gif

32 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Bedroom suit 

bedroom suite 

Don't let koc see you in your 'bedroom suit'.

Oh look, sheMan has had his enema.

kj

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

0017.jpg

I know of mother’s who refuse to vaccinate their kids. They are the biggest threats - they are peachtree dishes of potential viruses and diseases . I actually stopped being friends with one mother over this . She was a Bernie supporter - go fig 

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's petri dishes, Bubbles.

Just now, Phoenix68 said:

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

That's petri dishes....

Ok ok Elton got me already on that .. Jesus 

make an error .

shesh 

atleast my political stances are accurate. 

11 minutes ago, KneeJerk said:

Don't let koc see you in your 'bedroom suit'.

Oh look, sheMan has had his enema.

kj

Kj- that’s an inside joke with Elton 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

0017.jpg

Ok ok Elton got me already on that .. Jesus 

make an error .

shesh 

atleast my political stances are accurate.

wankin.gif

.....For a Jr. High student.....maybe.

6 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Kj- that’s an inside joke with Elton 

Hahahaaaaa.

That's as funny as sheMan posting stupidity before realizing (not) what a dipshit he is.

kj

Just now, KneeJerk said:

Hahahaaaaa.

That's a funny as sheMan posting stupidity before realizing (not) what a dipshit he is.

kj

Back to the point - not getting your kids vaccinated is poor parenting. 

1 hour ago, DemoMan said:

Anti-vaxxers ARE the problem.

Get your kids vaccinated, and your child will NEVER get the measles.

"My kid got measles!     It's those IMMIGRANTS' FAULT!

Rednecks never change.   Always whining that other people should give them money and support them and take care of them.

We don't need the gubmint to take keer of us.  Lower taxes on big bizness soze they kin take better keer of us!

Support r troops!!! DEeEErRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The anti-vax thing was bi-partisan.  A hoax study that has been utterly destroyed and disavowed was used to spread doubt across social media that worried a lot of people.  They thought they were reading scientific information when they linked from one site to another, all of them claiming some link to autism or whatever, and ALL of them citing each other or this one original source, the fraudulent study in Great Britain.  Every doctor alive continued to say vaccines were not only safe but an absolutely critical public health issue and must be administered.  The actual science never wavered for a second.  But people were reading and believing phony quasi-science crap online and getting led astray.

Like the climate deniers with their web of conspiracy theory websites and such.

All they had to do is take the mercury out of the vaccine.

kj

Just now, KneeJerk said:

All they had to do is take the mercury out of the vaccine.

kj

That’s like people who freak out about mercury in amalgam fillings .