Jump to content
jrobin15283

Should we abolish the electoral college?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wildfire said:

It prevents our elections from being decided by the majority. Which is exactly what the men who implemented it wanted. They didn't want the citizens to choose our President. So, they created the Electoral College to have ultimate control.

You're almost right.  They didn't want big states riding roughshod over all the smaller states, and the EC was their solution.

And it was a very good one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

In which the electors don't have to vote with their state, either. 100% can vote for a candidate and the elector can vote for someone else.

Has that ever happened?   No. 

Stop whining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wildfire said:

It prevents our elections from being decided by the majority. Which is exactly what the men who implemented it wanted. They didn't want the citizens to choose our President. So, they created the Electoral College to have ultimate control.

The majority of each State decides for that State... just as the Founders intended.

 

Electoral votes are tallied based on each individual State's population.

 

You want to win the WH, run a candidate that appeals to everyone... not just the large groups of liberals that live in heavily populated urban areas.

 

It's that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rippy38 said:

The majority of each State decides for that State... just as the Founders intended.

 

Wrong. The elector decides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leftwinger said:

 

In which the electors don't have to vote with their state, either. 100% can vote for a candidate and the elector can vote for someone else.

So, what is the point in us regular citizens voting? If our voices don't matter in the long run, why bother?  Why not just have the Electoral College choose the President?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrobin15283 said:

No

 

Absolutely yes we should .......... my vote should NEVER go to a candidate I DID NOT vote for ........

 

The electoral college is s fraud .......

 

The Presidential Election Commission IS a fraud 

 

Both must go bye bye!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wildfire said:

So, what is the point in us regular citizens voting? If our voices don't matter in the long run, why bother?  Why not just have the Electoral College choose the President?

 

As our Founding Fathers intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

Wrong. The elector decides.

How many times have you seen the electors of any given State go against the will of the people of their State?

 

I can't remember a single time in my lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, merrill said:

 

Absolutely yes we should .......... my vote should NEVER go to a candidate I DID NOT vote for ........

 

The electoral college is s fraud .......

 

The Presidential Election Commission IS a fraud 

 

Both must go bye bye!!!!

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of Colorado just passed a law directing their electors to vote for whomever wins the national public vote. 

It's going to be fun watching them vote for Trump. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rippy38 said:

How many times have you seen the electors of any given State go against the will of the people of their State?

 

I can't remember a single time in my lifetime.

 

Now you're catching on. Whole thing was supposed to subvert the popular vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, merrill said:

 

Absolutely yes we should .......... my vote should NEVER go to a candidate I DID NOT vote for ........

 

The electoral college is s fraud .......

 

The Presidential Election Commission IS a fraud 

 

Both must go bye bye!!!!

You're a moron, and a liar. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

Now you're catching on. Whole thing was supposed to subvert the popular vote.

The popular vote very much applies, on a State level.

 

Do you even know how this works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rippy38 said:

The popular vote very much applies, on a State level.

 

Do you even know how this works?

 

I just explained it to you fart face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rippy38 said:

How many times have you seen the electors of any given State go against the will of the people of their State?

 

I can't remember a single time in my lifetime.

Do you remember the 2000 Presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore? Florida went against the will of the people. Oh wait. The Republicans had the Supreme Court decide that one for Bush. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wildfire said:

Do you remember the 2000 Presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore? Florida went against the will of the people. Oh wait. The Republicans had the Supreme Court decide that one for Bush. Sorry.

Are you really this stupid?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, merrill said:

 

Absolutely yes we should .......... my vote should NEVER go to a candidate I DID NOT vote for ........

 

The electoral college is s fraud .......

 

The Presidential Election Commission IS a fraud 

 

Both must go bye bye!!!!

 

Petition To Abolish The Electoral College

https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/abolish-the-electoral-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

I just explained it to you fart face.

You haven't explained anything... all you have done is cry because the Founding Father's put a system in place to keep large groups of idiots from ruining the Country.

 

Get over it boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rippy38 said:

Are you really this stupid?

 

 

No, are you?😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, merrill said:

 

Absolutely yes we should .......... my vote should NEVER go to a candidate I DID NOT vote for ........

 

The electoral college is s fraud .......

 

The Presidential Election Commission IS a fraud 

 

Both must go bye bye!!!!

 

Let’s demand a new system and vote in Fair Vote America :

http://www.fairvote.org/irv/

Demand a change on the next ballot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leftwinger said:

 

He uses a fart to represent himself.

OK. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

I just explained it to you fart face.

The electors vote the voice of the people... and you see that as a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×