WillFranklin

The Medicaid And Medicare Alarm Thread

10 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Isn't that Obama Care...what all the ultraliberals wanted ?

Where's the beef ?

The $$$ to pay for illegals has to come from somewhere...expect more GOV cuts all over the place.

Image result for cory booker jussie smollett meme

Attacks on Medicaid are inhumane and will not be tolerated!

3 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Your OP is a distortion.

Trump signs the largest VA budget ever

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2018/09/21/trump-oks-the-largest-va-budget-ever/

It most certainly is NOT!

Republicans tried to decimate Medicaid in the Obamacare repeal bills and will succeed if they win in 2020.

And Trump's budget, and many Republican proposals, also call for cuts to Medicare as well!

10 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Trump’s plan to improve healthcare, that everyone said wouldn’t work, is already working

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trumps-plan-to-improve-healthcare-that-everyone-said-wouldnt-work-is-already-working

Is that why the uninsured rate stopped going down? What a lame opinion piece.

Trying to fuck up Medicaid and Medicare is not going to improve health care. Republicans just haven't gotten finished with that part yet.

Just the facts:

December 23, 2016 - Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement in 2015 was under actual hospital costs for treating beneficiaries by $57.8 billion, the American Hospital Association (AHA) recently reported.

According to data from the AHA’s Annual Survey of US Hospitals, Medicare reimbursement fell below actual costs by $41.6 billion, while Medicaid reimbursement was $16.2 billion short.

Imagine a system where every single person was covered under Medicare, the government will end up subsidizing every hospital, clinic, assisted living facility, and nursing home nationwide just to keep the doors open.

An astonishing fact about Medicaid here in Oregon, if you are living in an assisted living facility and run out of money, Medicaid pays the facility $599 a month.

50 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

Just the facts:

December 23, 2016 - Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement in 2015 was under actual hospital costs for treating beneficiaries by $57.8 billion, the American Hospital Association (AHA) recently reported.

According to data from the AHA’s Annual Survey of US Hospitals, Medicare reimbursement fell below actual costs by $41.6 billion, while Medicaid reimbursement was $16.2 billion short.

Imagine a system where every single person was covered under Medicare, the government will end up subsidizing every hospital, clinic, assisted living facility, and nursing home nationwide just to keep the doors open.

An astonishing fact about Medicaid here in Oregon, if you are living in an assisted living facility and run out of money, Medicaid pays the facility $599 a month.

Yet Republicans want to cut funding for Medicaid and Medicare, the two most necessary programs of recent history.

36 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Yet Republicans want to cut funding for Medicaid and Medicare, the two most necessary programs of recent history.

If you dig around a bit Will you will see that Medicare spending grew 65% from 2007-2017.

That train to oblivion needs to be slowed down.

2 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Trying to fuck up Medicaid and Medicare 

I'm retired from the Post Office and live right above the poverty line.

I pay $180 deductible, a $100+ a month and 20% co-pay for my Medicare.

(I get 100% free medical treatment from the VAMC BUT have to pay $7 for my prescriptions) 

No one has told me anything about anyone FKn up Medicare...so what is your point; other than a bunch of made up #'s ?

53 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

I'm retired from the Post Office and live right above the poverty line.

I pay $180 deductible, a $100+ a month and 20% co-pay for my Medicare.

(I get 100% free medical treatment from the VAMC BUT have to pay $7 for my prescriptions) 

No one has told me anything about anyone FKn up Medicare...so what is your point; other than a bunch of made up #'s ?

I guess you never saw Trump's budget.

1 hour ago, JoeAverage said:

If you dig around a bit Will you will see that Medicare spending grew 65% from 2007-2017.

That train to oblivion needs to be slowed down.

The price of healthcare grows faster than inflation. But Republicans want to starve funds to Medicaid and Medicare so they don't keep up.

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

I guess you never saw Trump's budget.

What...all 100,000 pages of it ?

You want socialized medicine...me to BUT WTF is going to pay for it ?

Are you willing to ante up 50% of your tax return to get things going ?

1 hour ago, WillFranklin said:

The price of healthcare grows faster than inflation. But Republicans want to starve funds to Medicaid and Medicare so they don't keep up.

Yes, and another 50 million Boomers will retire in the next decade.

The 20 and 30 somethings are going to pay out the ass on the current path.

Face it, things need to be cut, or quit bitching about the deficit.

11 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

It's Republicans that are failing. More than Medicare and Medicaid, and the ACA is possible. But we all know Republicans will never do it.

All you have to do is tell us where you're going to get the ADDITIONAL $32 Trillion to pay for it.   

5 hours ago, Old Mack said:

What...all 100,000 pages of it ?

You want socialized medicine...me to BUT WTF is going to pay for it ?

Are you willing to ante up 50% of your tax return to get things going ?

Nobody will have to pay 50% effective rate to pay for healthcare.

5 hours ago, JoeAverage said:

Yes, and another 50 million Boomers will retire in the next decade.

The 20 and 30 somethings are going to pay out the ass on the current path.

Face it, things need to be cut, or quit bitching about the deficit.

The wealthy and corporations should pay for it.

9 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

All you have to do is tell us where you're going to get the ADDITIONAL $32 Trillion to pay for it.   

Where did you get your estimate?

1 minute ago, WillFranklin said:

Nobody will have to pay 50% effective rate to pay for healthcare.

I didn't ask you if anyone will have to pay 50% effective rate to pay for healthcare.

What I asked was: Are you willing to ante up 50% of your tax return to get things going ?

Please stop diverting !

2 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

I didn't ask you if anyone will have to pay 50% effective rate to pay for healthcare.

What I asked was: Are you willing to ante up 50% of your tax return to get things going ?

Please stop diverting !

I think we should start in a more general sense with the wealthy and corporations paying more. I am a retired teacher. Why should I pay more when they don't? The wealth gap in this country is astounding. And corporate profits are through the roof. They should pay more first...

2 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I think we should start in a more general sense with the wealthy and corporations paying more. I am a retired teacher. Why should I pay more when they don't? The wealth gap in this country is astounding. And corporate profits are through the roof. They should pay more first...

I think you should pay 90% of your income, just like you want rich people to pay.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

Why should I pay more when they don't?

The wealth gap in this country is astounding. 

Point 1: It is called Putting you $$$ where your mouth is.

Point 2: Why do you think you are entitled to other peoples $$$ when you don't want to give up yours ?

If you haven't heard...it is the rich who power the greatest economy in the world.

sIMPLEEQUATION_zpsd8db5780.png

2 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Point 1: It is called Putting you $$$ where your mouth is.

Point 2: Why do you think you are entitled to other peoples $$$ when you don't want to give up yours ?

If you haven't heard...it is the rich who power the greatest economy in the world.

sIMPLEEQUATION_zpsd8db5780.png

I am not getting anyone else's money. Their tax money would go to health care where it belongs. Sorry you have to take care of your own people. I guess you want a government the size of Rwanda.

8 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

I think you should pay 90% of your income, just like you want rich people to pay.

Nobody every paid, or will pay 90% of their income. Are you that stupid? Or just desperate?