WillFranklin

The Medicaid And Medicare Alarm Thread

The Republicans are attacking Medicaid, starting enrollment caps, and per-capita caps on spending and cost-control measures on beneficiaries. Medicare is next. We have to stop them.

This is not a new idea for them. They tried and tried, and then finally their first Medicaid decimation plan passed the House in 2017 then failed in the Senate but President Trump is still trying to take an axe to Medicaid, and Medicare.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/436492-trump-administration-approves-controversial-utah-medicaid-plan

The Arkansas statehouse declined to reauthorize funding for the state’s Medicaid program in the wake of a federal court decision throwing out work requirements, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/medicaid/436656-arkansas-house-fails-to-pass-medicaid-funding-after-court-throws

Get off your ass and get a job.

See, that was easy.

kj

ahhh shilly brings another thread out

4 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

ahhh shilly brings another thread out

This one's not going away either.

24 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Trump is pressuring Alaska to be the first state he can rob by converting their Medicaid funds to a block grant.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/overnights/437471-overnight-health-care-trump-administration-urging-alaska-to-be

The  ALEC GOP objectives at state and congressional levels are basically twins:

Killing public Education = handing over to private industry = huge profits

Killing Medicare Insurance = handing over to private industry = huge profits

Killing Medicaid Insurance = handing over to private industry = huge profits

Killing Social Security Insurance = handing over to private industry  = huge profits

http://www.pfaw.org/rww-in-focus/alec-the-voice-of-corporate-special-interests-state-legislatures#Voter

http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?b=7743229&c=dkLNK1MQIwG#sthash.h8IzXjb8.dpuf

Trump the Rump has his hands full from a very well liked Senator........

ABOUT LISA

Hello and welcome to my online office!

I am pleased to make this website available for Alaskans and others interested in my activities as a U.S. Senator. I hope you find the website helpful and informative. I appreciate your suggestions and invite you to email me to share your opinions.

Please visit often since we're frequently updating our site with new information on events in Alaska, Washington, D.C. and the 116th Congress!

lm-signature.png
U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R - Alaska)

Biography

Senator Lisa Murkowski is the first Alaskan-born Senator and only the sixth United States Senator to serve the state. The state’s senior Senator, Lisa Murkowski is a third-generation Alaskan, born in Ketchikan and raised in towns across the state: Wrangell, Juneau, Fairbanks and Anchorage. Since joining the Senate in 2002, Senator Murkowski has been a strong advocate for Alaska on the important issues facing the state, including energy, health care, education, military/veterans’ affairs and infrastructure development.

Only the 32nd female to serve in the United States Senate since its founding in 1789, Senator Murkowski has assumed leadership roles quickly.

She is the Chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and also serves on the Senate Appropriations Committee, where she is the Chairman of the Interior and Environment Subcommittee. Senator Murkowski is a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee – the first Alaskan to serve on that panel – and also is a senior member of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.

She earned a B.A. in economics from Georgetown University in 1980 and a law degree from Willamette University in 1985. Prior to her appointment to the United States Senate, Senator Murkowski practiced commercial law in Anchorage and was elected to three terms in the Alaska State House of Representatives. She was elected to a full six-year U.S. Senate term in 2004, and was re-elected in 2010 in a historic write-in campaign, the first successful write-in effort to the Senate since 1954. 

Senator Murkowski is now in her third full term as Alaska’s senior senator after being re-elected, once again, in 2016.

7 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Wonder what she thinks about Alaska going block grant.

She likes single payer .......... if my memory serves me well.

After the passage of health care reform, ALEC’s top priority has been to challenge the law by encouraging members to introduce bills that would prohibit the law’s insurance mandate.

ALEC’s Health and Human Services task force is led by representatives of PhRMA and Johnson & Johnson, and representatives of Bayer and GlaxoSmithKlein sit on ALEC’s board.

The group’s model bill, the “Freedom of Choice in Health Care Act,” has been introduced in forty-four states, and ALEC even released a “State Legislators Guide to Repealing ObamaCare” discussing a variety of model legislation including bills to partially privatize Medicaid and SCHIP.

The legislative guide utilizes ideas and information from pro-corporate groups like the Heritage Foundation, the Goldwater Institute, the James Madison Institute, the Cato Institute, the National Center for Policy Analysis and the National Federation of Independent Business.22

This thread will shred the Republican talking point about block grants for Medicaid to the states.

POOR SHILLY WILLY AND HIS WORTHLESS OPINIONS

2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

POOR SHILLY WILLY AND HIS WORTHLESS OPINIONS

Voters care about Medicaid, and Medicare.

Sucks to be you Republicans.

2 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Voters care about Medicaid, and Medicare.

Sucks to be you Republicans.

SAD ALL THE WELFARE GHETTO MONKEYS LIKE YOU RELY ON WELFARE SOOOOO MUCH

Just now, Duck615 said:

SAD ALL THE WELFARE GHETTO MONKEYS LIKE YOU RELY ON WELFARE SOOOOO MUCH

Health care is welfare now? I paid for my Medicare. I plan to use it.

1 minute ago, WillFranklin said:

Health care is welfare now? I paid for my Medicare. I plan to use it.

YOU ARE ON WELFARE YOU FUKKING LAZY POS...

YOU TOLD US THAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO

2 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

YOU ARE ON WELFARE YOU FUKKING LAZY POS...

YOU TOLD US THAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO

Let's see a quote.

We all know you are a liar.

I just want to prove it in every thread.

5 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Let's see a quote.

We all know you are a liar.

I just want to prove it in every thread.

scroll back and find is what you always tell me shilly...

Just now, Duck615 said:

scroll back and find is what you always tell me shilly...

You made the claim.

And as usual, you can't prove it.

Everyone knows if I had said something like that you and lots of others would have saved it for quick and easy posting.

So, once again you are a PROVEN LIAR!

You made the claim.

And as usual, you can't prove it.

Everyone knows if I had said something like that you and lots of others would have saved it for quick and easy posting.

So, once again you are a PROVEN LIAR!

you say the same thing to me... if you can't scroll back.... you lose

11 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

you say the same thing to me... if you can't scroll back.... you lose

I already proved you were a liar in this thread. Now off you go to the next thread where I will once again prove you are a liar.

I already proved you were a liar in this thread. Now off you go to the next thread where I will once again prove you are a liar.

YOU HAVE PROVEN NOTHING SHILLY

Just now, Duck615 said:

YOU HAVE PROVEN NOTHING SHILLY

^^ PROVEN LIAR IN EVERY THREAD