Sign in to follow this  
BlueDoggL

Russian Troll Tactics and How to Defeat Them

If you respond to any alt-right Bad word assume that it is a Russian troll because it is whether it knows it or not. 

How to spot a Russian Troll: 

Russian trolls use a tactic called Whataboutism or Whataboutery.  Here's how it works. The troll reads a news article about Trump cheating on his wives, barging in on naked teen girls, in their dressing rooms, or bragging about grabbing women by their genitals and the troll responds in the comment section with, "What about Clinton?" in an attempt to make the discussion about Bill Clinton.

If it is using words like liberal, leftist, Obummer, snowflake etc.. it's a Russian troll or a useful idiot.

Call it a Russian troll:

Ask it why its IP address shows up as coming from a Russian city such as Moscow, St Petersburg or Volgagrad etc...

Ask it how much Putin is paying them.

Ask him about the poverty in Russia.

Ask him if he's gay like Putin.

Compare Russia to other countries.

Russia's economy is in a nose dive and it has been in a nose dive since Putin came to power.

France's GDP is $1.36 trillion and Russia's GDP is 416.80 billion but it gets worse.  Russia's population is 144 million whereas France's population is 66 million. Post these facts. Facts stifle Russian trolls as much as they infuriate Trump supporters.

Like Americans, Russians are also ignorant but unlike ignorant Americans, Russians are kept ignorant by the dictatorship. Some Russians have access to Google and Bing worldwide but many of them don't.

When on Other Social Media Report and Flag Russian Trolls:

Yahoo, Facebook, Youtube, and Aol news is infested with them.  Click the report button when you see an alt-right comment or post.

Share this with your friends. 

See the source image

How Russian trolls got into your Facebook feed - The ...

Nearly 1,000 Russian trolls banned from Reddit: Here's ...

How Russian trolls exploited Philando Castile's death - CNN

Web brigades - Wikipedia

Here's some ammo. If you don't have time to write something back to the the troll or MAGAt post a MEME. Keep in mind, their mission is to spread propaganda and lies. Piggy back on the threads and use their lies against them. They are not here to debate. They are here to spread lies, lies and more lies. 

Good luck and good hunting! 

Image result for whataboutism meme

Related image

Related image

Related image

Thanks for the advice.....

usually don't engage with trolls on social media but you've given me something to work with.

There's no difference between the Trumpanzee zombies and the Russian trolls. They all work for the war-criminal Putin, the despot of Russia.

Any American who accepts the Trump presidency as legitimate is either a fool or was born yesterday!!!

On 3/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, Persepolis said:

There's no difference between the Trumpanzee zombies and the Russian trolls. They all work for the war-criminal Putin, the despot of Russia.

Any American who accepts the Trump presidency as legitimate is either a fool or was born yesterday!!!

absolutely!

There has always been small far right-wing, fascist, racist groups in the US historically. And of course, this country was sadly constructed with unabashed racism towards brown skinned people that included hundreds of years of slavery as well as an outright genocide on the American Native population. 

While the numbers of far-right fascist racist groups dwindled after Jim Crow, one party in the two party system helped buffer these holdouts since they knew they could always count on them for their support. This same party always held the mantle for Western based orthodox religion for mostly political reasons since they understood that for the most part their policy decisions undercut any true prosperity for all.

Peace!

On 3/28/2019 at 3:13 AM, Dianne said:

Thanks for the advice.....

usually don't engage with trolls on social media but you've given me something to work with.

Trolls are like bullies. The conventional wisdom is to ignore then but it doesn't work. I was never bullied because the bullies were afraid of me. I had three older brothers and they were all tough. I was tougher. I got the reputation of being a tough guy on phys ed class. 

Internet trolls are the biggest cowards and that is why they admire a coward, punk and a bully like Trump.

School was worse for girls who were bullied because it was rare for a girl to beat the crap out of a female bully. 

A friend of mine's stepson was bullied by some punks. The lad's parents complained to the school and the bullying got worse. The bullies were the rich kids. Eventually he put a stop to it. He got the ring leader alone and told him that if the bullying didn't stop he would got to the punk's house at night, set the place on fire and shoot everyone as they came running out. The bullying stopped. 

If there was any honor that the Republican primary debate, the other candidates, would have stepped across the stage and beat the crap out of Donald Trump for his vulgar attacks on Barbara Bush and Carly Fiorina. Some words are fighting words and the pretense of civility is as revolting as Trump IMO.

4 hours ago, BlueDoggL said:

Trolls are like bullies. The conventional wisdom is to ignore then but it doesn't work. I was never bullied because the bullies were afraid of me. I had three older brothers and they were all tough. I was tougher. I got the reputation of being a tough guy on phys ed class. 

Internet trolls are the biggest cowards and that is why they admire a coward, punk and a bully like Trump.

School was worse for girls who were bullied because it was rare for a girl to beat the crap out of a female bully. 

A friend of mine's stepson was bullied by some punks. The lad's parents complained to the school and the bullying got worse. The bullies were the rich kids. Eventually he put a stop to it. He got the ring leader alone and told him that if the bullying didn't stop he would got to the punk's house at night, set the place on fire and shoot everyone as they came running out. The bullying stopped. 

If there was any honor that the Republican primary debate, the other candidates, would have stepped across the stage and beat the crap out of Donald Trump for his vulgar attacks on Barbara Bush and Carly Fiorina. Some words are fighting words and the pretense of civility is as revolting as Trump IMO.

these people are uncles truly beloved, they are wacko since they are misguided but troll, Russian troll, that's like saying Anita Bryant was a Russian Troll, she was tied to the GRU, the KGB, she was against the gays, the lesbian, and utilized Deutche Bank to launder all her ill gotten Orange Juice money. I mean if that's what you are saying, well, actually, perhaps that makes a lot of sense now that I think of it.

Peace!

2 minutes ago, TheOldBarn said:

these people are uncles truly beloved, they are wacko since they are misguided but troll, Russian troll, that's like saying Anita Bryant was a Russian Troll, she was tied to the GRU, the KGB, she was against the gays, the lesbian, and utilized Deutche Bank to launder all her ill gotten Orange Juice money. I mean if that's what you are saying, well, actually, perhaps that makes a lot of sense now that I think of it.

Peace!

Why are you trying to put word in my mouth and using false equivalents? You know damn well what I am saying. Don't play dumb. 

Anita Bryant was a twisted greedy evil bitch who should have had frozen oranges thrown at her. She was a Hitler type. Hitler didn't hate the Jews as much as he craved power. Anita Bryant wanted to sell crappy music to her hateful evangelical scum fans so she attacked the gays who were not hurting anyone. Trump doesn't hate the Mexicans or the gays, or the Blacks. Trump is an amoral malignant narcissist. He can neither love nor hate. People like Trump are incurable and irredeemable. They need to be gone if the human race is to survive. 

There a two basic types of political trolls. They paid Russian one and their dim witted Bible belt useful idiots.