Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Woman Allegedly Attacked In Austin For Wearing MAGA Cap

Image result for "Haley Maddox" maga hat

I don't believe her. This is a social media attention grab.

If it is for real: Zzzzzzz.  Why is this even a story?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/woman-allegedly-attacked-in-austin-for-wearing-maga-cap/ar-BBUHz5T?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

AUSTIN, TEXAS — Austin police on Tuesday confirmed they are investigating a reported assault of a woman who claims to have been attacked for wearing a "Make America Great Again" ball cap on 6th Street.

The alleged victim, Haley Maddox, posted a video on Saturday while claiming she had been attacked on March 2 for her headgear expression. The video quickly went viral after right-wing political strategist Mike Tokes shared it across social media.

"The Austin Police Department is aware of the assault with injury incident that occurred on March 2, 2019, at approximately 11:30 p.m. in the 300 block of E. 6th St. where a woman was allegedly assaulted for wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat," police said in a statement. "APD can confirm a report has been filed and the case has been assigned to a detective for investigative follow up. In addition, the Downtown Area Chain of Command is reviewing video of the officer/s interaction with the victims/witnesses."

On the video, Maddox says she wasn't wearing the cap to be provocative, but as an expression of her Texas pride: “We did not go in with the intentions of starting a fight. We were just wearing our MAGA hats out on a Saturday and we wanted to show our support for Texas Independence week,” she says in the video.

The woman goes on to claim she was attacked by a bartender and another man upon exiting a 6th Street establishment. She suggested police were dismissive of her claims given her obvious support of Donald Trump: “The cops that we reported this to showed bias, in our opinion, towards us because we were Trump supporters and insinuated that this happened because we wore those hats and that’s to be expected nowadays, I guess,” Maddox says in the video. 

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

I don't believe her. This is a social media attention grab.

Well if you don't believe her story...do you believe the one that was in the news the other day; involving another MAGA hat attack ?

From the ultraliberal agenda driven media tool: The Hill...

Police: Woman admitted to slashing tire over MAGA hat seen inside SUV

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/433942-police-women-admitted-to-slashing-tire-over-maga-hat-seen

42 minutes ago, harryramar said:

is her name jussie?

So, now we aren't supposed to believe the victims?

How convenient...

44 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

So, now we aren't supposed to believe the victims?

How convenient...

I never said that.

your conclusions are your own 

And I would't be so stupid as to walk down some street in the Bronx wearing a Red Sox hat.

She was asking for it! ;)