skews13

Court Rules Sandy Hook Families Can Sue Gun Maker Remington

Because this decision involves interpretation of a federal statute, the gunmaker will almost certainly appeal it to the U.S. Supreme Court, and Remington could also prevail at a trial, so this is just a first step toward manufacturer liability. But unless SCOTUS steps in to stop a trial, it could represent a blow to the gun industry even if it eventually wins the case, as the Hartford Courant noted:

It also paves the way for the families to subpoena internal documents on how the gun companies have marketed the AR-15, which has become the weapon of choice for mass shooters. The gun manufacturers have closely guarded information on how they market the assault weapons …

“The families’ goal has always been to shed light on Remington’s calculated and profit-driven strategy to expand the AR-15 market and court high-risk users, all at the expense of Americans’ safety. Today’s decision is a critical step toward achieving that goal,” [attorney Josh] Koskoff added [in a statement].

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/court-rules-to-allow-sandy-hook-parents-to-sue-gun-makers.html

wow wondering when this would come up a second time.Federal judge incited downfall of America.

13 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

I don't think it's safe for anybody to do business in this country.

It wasn't safe for 21 first graders. 

Just now, skews13 said:

let me remember this case. Mommy babied the boy so much he couldn't leave the nest and mommy had enough and had him thrown out and he destroyed her in her class room with other people's children got caught in the  crossfire. any you hold the firearm company resposible. 

what a damned educated idiot you turned out to become after birth, conceived to sustain the population of the species isn't good enough to be alive now.

7 minutes ago, skews13 said:

Their fault for being in front of an assault rife. 

Isnt the "families goal" irrelevant here? The perp didnt buy the weapon. His mother did. Their entire reasoning is absolute garbage. Only a court in a liberal leaning state could side with this.

1 hour ago, skews13 said:

Because this decision involves interpretation of a federal statute, the gunmaker will almost certainly appeal it to the U.S. Supreme Court, and Remington could also prevail at a trial, so this is just a first step toward manufacturer liability.

The law is clear.  This judge should be disbarred. 

2 hours ago, skews13 said:

Because this decision involves interpretation of a federal statute, the gunmaker will almost certainly appeal it to the U.S. Supreme Court, and Remington could also prevail at a trial, so this is just a first step toward manufacturer liability. But unless SCOTUS steps in to stop a trial, it could represent a blow to the gun industry even if it eventually wins the case, as the Hartford Courant noted:

It also paves the way for the families to subpoena internal documents on how the gun companies have marketed the AR-15, which has become the weapon of choice for mass shooters. The gun manufacturers have closely guarded information on how they market the assault weapons …

“The families’ goal has always been to shed light on Remington’s calculated and profit-driven strategy to expand the AR-15 market and court high-risk users, all at the expense of Americans’ safety. Today’s decision is a critical step toward achieving that goal,” [attorney Josh] Koskoff added [in a statement].

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/court-rules-to-allow-sandy-hook-parents-to-sue-gun-makers.html

have you ever seen an ar15 commercial?

They have to attack the gun industry the way they did the tobacco industry. Make it too expensive for consumers and the market will eventually collapse. Impose an annual tax on each and every gun a person owns after the first one that they are entitled to by the Constitution. 

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

They have to attack the gun industry the way they did the tobacco industry. Make it too expensive for consumers and the market will eventually collapse. Impose an annual tax on each and every gun a person owns after the first one that they are entitled to by the Constitution. 

good luck

1 minute ago, bigsky said:

good luck

Wait for the knock on the door. You'll give 'em up without much resistance. If not, the truncheon and the jackboot.

Dummyrats are pathetically ignorant, I need not a ar-15, If I wanted to commit mass murder that little gun would be a complete nothing in the equation.Dummyrats cant see past their nose and are extreme shallow thinkers.

30 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Wait for the knock on the door. You'll give 'em up without much resistance. If not, the truncheon and the jackboot.

The knock will never come, and the small chance it ever would, 1 knock would be all there every will be, then the problem will be gone again.

My car ran over some kids.

I'm suing the manufacturer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

kj

8 hours ago, skews13 said:

Right, so if you get hit in the head by a baseball, you sue the manufacturer?...if you step in a hole, you sue the manufacturer of the shovel?...if you get hit by a car, you sue the manufacturer of the car? 

6 hours ago, drvoke said:

I don’t think you have any idea what would really happen.  The people will not roll over.  Most police and military support the 2nd A.  

You say you will be first thru the door, which I laugh at. 

6 hours ago, KneeJerk said:

My car ran over some kids.

I'm suing the manufacturer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

kj

cars are not made for the express purpose of killing, guns are. cars are made to transport people from place to place.yoyr argument is juvenile at best

15 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I don’t think you have any idea what would really happen.  The people will not roll over.  Most police and military support the 2nd A.  

You say you will be first thru the door, which I laugh at. 

if you think the police will disobey orders and roll over so some assshole like you won't shoot them you are even dumber than I thought. good luck with your cop killing. I'll send thoughts an prayers.

2 minutes ago, harryramar said:

well then you can murder the cops who obey the law and we will hang you for murder.

The Constitution is the Supreme Law.  

Just now, EltonJohnson said:

The Constitution is the Supreme Law.  

there are limits to guns rights and if you don't like the law and shoot the cops  we will hang you for murder one. 

and we will cheer like we was texans

I wonder if people can start suing car makers if someone is killed with one of their products?

That is essentially what this court is saying should be allowed.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I wonder if people can start suing car makers if someone is killed with one of their products?

That is essentially what this court is saying should be allowed.

It is allowed Rip

You can sue if a yoyo hits you in the head

I wouldn't myself though it would probably help me

Edited by Five By Five