drvoke

Trump linked to Ethiopian airline crash

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Liberalism is a mental disease...

SO I'M LOOKING CLOSELY AT YOUR SIGNATURE PICTURE...

IT LOOKS LIKE SOME BIG BLACK GUY IS BEHIND YOU STICKING 

HIS DIK UP YOUR AZZ IS THAT WHAT YOU ENJOY

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

Image result for trump government shutdown cartoon

Image result for trump ethiopian airline crash cartoon

"The deadly consequences of Trump’s government shutdown"

I knew deep down that he was somehow responsible.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/03/12/trump-shutdown-ethiopian-airlines-crash.html

(Full article at above link)

News reports on Tuesday revealed that Donald Trump’s government shutdown over his border wall could be to blame for the Ethiopian Airlines crash that claimed the lives of 157 people over the weekend. According to the MSNBC, Trump’s shutdown delayed work on a software fix that would solve what Rachel Maddow called the “unexpected nosedive problem” on the Boeing 737 Max 8.

“You might have thought we got nothing out of the government shutdown as a country, but it turns out not just us but the whole world got something,” Rachel Maddow said. “We got a five-week delay in the implementation of the software that they think will solve the unexpected nosedive problem in the Boeing 737 Max 8 jets. How soon could the software fix have been ready? Should it have been ready before the Ethiopia plane crash this week that killed 157 people? Well, here’s the back story on the timing of when this will be rolled out: A software fix to this particular flight control feature had been expected early in January, but discussions between the FAA and Boeing dragged on. Officials from various parts of Boeing and the FAA had differing views of how extensive the fix should be. U.S. officials also say the federal government’s recent shutdown halted work on the fix entirely for five weeks. So did everybody enjoy their 35-day government shutdown? I mean, you might have thought we got nothing out of that as a country but it turns out not just us but the whole world got something. We got a five-week delay in the implementation of the software that they think will solve the unexpected nosedive problem in the Boeing 737 max 8 jets, and in the meantime, Ethiopia Airlines flight 302 has crashed, killing more than 150 people. The investigation into that crash is now underway, closely on the heels of that other 737 max 8 crash that happened in Indonesia. 

The deadly consequences of Trump’s government shutdown

The short-term consequences of Donald Trump’s government shutdown were bad enough as hundreds of thousands of workers without paychecks were struggling to feed their families or afford health care. But it’s clear that, despite the fact that the shutdown itself ended in late January, there are long-term ramifications that continue to be felt, even if they can sometimes be hard to quantify.

obama let those planes fly,,,  Trump shut it down to protect you faggots

4 minutes ago, jimjc said:

SO I'M LOOKING CLOSELY AT YOUR SIGNATURE PICTURE...

IT LOOKS LIKE SOME BIG BLACK GUY IS BEHIND YOU STICKING 

HIS DIK UP YOUR AZZ IS THAT WHAT YOU ENJOY

You certainly have some twisted sexual fantasies buddy...

I thought your were leaving?

No?

LOL

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

You certainly have some twisted sexual fantasies buddy...

I thought your were leaving?

No?

LOL

SOON I'M CLOSING UP THIS HOUSE

HOWS THAT BLACK KOCK HUH

DON'T BLAME ME IT'S YOUR PICTURE

10 minutes ago, jimjc said:

SOON I'M CLOSING UP THIS HOUSE

HOWS THAT BLACK KOCK HUH

DON'T BLAME ME IT'S YOUR PICTURE

Share love man share the love Jim

Fox News completely ignored the story. Typical. All it does is make it more pronounced.

9 hours ago, BatteryPowered said:

Uhh...Ethiopia is not restricted by our FAA.  They could have implemented the software on their assets by going directly to their vendor (i.e. Boeing). 

Rachel Madcow...why do people listen to it.

Other countries rely on the FAA to make sure American made planes are safe. The engineers at Boeing and the engineer at the FAA work together on these types of problems and then together approve of a solution which is then sent to all airlines that fly the model of the plane in question. The language spoken is your second language, ENGLISH!

It's not only Rachel Maddow who is reporting it.

Trump's delay cost the lives of everyone on that plane. You can go ream your ass with a rusty chainsaw.

Dr v

Sounds like Boeing is at fault

Govt shutdown or not

when you run a business with operations and equipment it's up to you to make sure they're working no matter what and if you can't you got to keep them on the ground

15 hours ago, merrill said:

Well, here’s the back story on the timing of when this will be rolled out: A software fix to this particular flight control feature had been expected early in January, but discussions between the FAA and Boeing dragged on.

Officials from various parts of Boeing and the FAA had differing views of how extensive the fix should be.

U.S. officials also say the federal government’s recent shutdown halted work on the fix entirely for five weeks.

So did everybody enjoy their 35-day government shutdown? I mean, you might have thought we got nothing out of that as a country but it turns out not just us but the whole world got something.

We got a five-week delay in the implementation of the software that they think will solve the unexpected nosedive problem in the Boeing 737 max 8 jets, and in the meantime, Ethiopia Airlines flight 302 has crashed, killing more than 150 people.

The investigation into that crash is now underway, closely on the heels of that other 737 max 8 crash that happened in Indonesia. 

Soooooooo in an effort to cover his butt Trump the Rump somehow grounded these giant aircraft which BOEING should have done immediately!

The PARTIAL shutdown did not stop Boeing from doing anything except maybe speaking with the FAA.  Are you really that stupid?

Even if there was disagreement in the scope...the FAA does not have any authority or control over Lion Air or the airlines in Ethiopia.  Boeing could have rolled out their fix to their customers NOT under FAA oversight at any point in time (and possibly proved to the FAA their assessment was correct).

While I am not necessarily opposed to grounding the 737 Max jets, it isn't a decision that can be made without serious discussion.  First, Boeing does not have the authority to tell airlines what to do with the assets owned by the airline.  They can make recommendations, but just like BMW cannot tell me to stop driving my SUV, Boeing cannot tell American to stop flying their jets.  They can tell them they (Boeing) considers them unsafe, but the decision lies with American.

As for Trump grounding the jets.  Do you have any idea the ripples that will have in the economy.  I heard someone say "So Joe Schmuck can't take their vacay this year" like it was nothing.  Not only does it hit the bottom line of airlines, it impacts business (travel and freight) and almost all tourism.  Don't whine when your required travel is cancelled.  Hundreds of passenger jets were just taken out of service.  Most flights are overbooked now...which makes it extremely difficult to recover from a cancellation.  Imagine if you are across the country and finishing your vacation (spring breaks are in full swing) and now you cannot get home.  That means you aren't at work (loss wages) and kids aren't in school...and you may not have a hotel room and most certainly have to eat out every meal.  In high tourism areas, it is already difficult to get a rental car and one way rentals are hugely expensive...so driving from say Orlando to Seattle is out of the question.

And not a single US airline has had an issue with this jet.

6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

The PARTIAL shutdown did not stop Boeing from doing anything except maybe speaking with the FAA.  Are you really that stupid?

Even if there was disagreement in the scope...the FAA does not have any authority or control over Lion Air or the airlines in Ethiopia.  Boeing could have rolled out their fix to their customers NOT under FAA oversight at any point in time (and possibly proved to the FAA their assessment was correct).

While I am not necessarily opposed to grounding the 737 Max jets, it isn't a decision that can be made without serious discussion.  First, Boeing does not have the authority to tell airlines what to do with the assets owned by the airline.  They can make recommendations, but just like BMW cannot tell me to stop driving my SUV, Boeing cannot tell American to stop flying their jets.  They can tell them they (Boeing) considers them unsafe, but the decision lies with American.

As for Trump grounding the jets.  Do you have any idea the ripples that will have in the economy.  I heard someone say "So Joe Schmuck can't take their vacay this year" like it was nothing.  Not only does it hit the bottom line of airlines, it impacts business (travel and freight) and almost all tourism.  Don't whine when your required travel is cancelled.  Hundreds of passenger jets were just taken out of service.  Most flights are overbooked now...which makes it extremely difficult to recover from a cancellation.  Imagine if you are across the country and finishing your vacation (spring breaks are in full swing) and now you cannot get home.  That means you aren't at work (loss wages) and kids aren't in school...and you may not have a hotel room and most certainly have to eat out every meal.  In high tourism areas, it is already difficult to get a rental car and one way rentals are hugely expensive...so driving from say Orlando to Seattle is out of the question.

And not a single US airline has had an issue with this jet.

Did you know that the United States was one of the last countries on the planet the ground the damn thing?

I agree with you to shut down excuses stupid. Boeing has a job to do no matter what adversity they meet..if Boeing feels safety of flight is compromised it is their job to ground their own airplanes

Face the truth it looks like they're doing something really wrong. Or somebody's f****** with them.  Whatever the truth is it's a huge problem.

Benson is a pilot he will be very knowledgeable about this subject

2 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

Did you know that the United States was one of the last countries on the planet the ground the damn thing?

I agree with you to shut down excuses stupid. Boeing has a job to do no matter what adversity they meet

Yep...do you know not a single US airline has had an issue?

I know it's anecdotal, but a friend is a recently retired international pilot.  He said the heart of the issue is Boeing (and other airline manufacturers) are attempting to make jets as automated as possible because pilots in many parts of the world are nowhere close in skill level to pilots in the US, Great Britain, France and other similar countries.  When you combine that with the almost non-existent correction time in these two crashes, maybe the fleet doesn't need to be grounded...pilots need to be better trained and not let the computer do most of the flying.

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Yep...do you know not a single US airline has had an issue?

I know it's anecdotal, but a friend is a recently retired international pilot.  He said the heart of the issue is Boeing (and other airline manufacturers) are attempting to make jets as automated as possible because pilots in many parts of the world are nowhere close in skill level to pilots in the US, Great Britain, France and other similar countries.  When you combine that with the almost non-existent correction time in these two crashes, maybe the fleet doesn't need to be grounded...pilots need to be better trained and not let the computer do most of the flying.

I had a good friend that built Auto pilots for uavs and we worked together the f****** things crashed all the f****** time

technology is great but it can also screw things up I really suspect some kind of glitch

Maybe we should elect HAL 9000 for president?

Stupid OP.....not surprisingly.

The FAA never shuts down. Yes, they went without a paycheck or two - but they don't shut down, and especially on things of a critical nature. I'd have to look at my logbooks to see how many times I flew all over the country during the shutdown with - suffice to say it was many.

There are much bigger questions involved, and they speak towards the decay of Boeing by the pencil pushers and towards the FAA.

Oh brother come on now the shutdown didn't cause the crashes. Plural

both airliners porpoise really funny as soon as they took off and crashed within about the same number of seconds

Too much of a coincidence to not be an electronic failure

12 hours ago, Five By Five said:

Dr v

Sounds like Boeing is at fault

Govt shutdown or not

when you run a business with operations and equipment it's up to you to make sure they're working no matter what and if you can't you got to keep them on the ground

That may be true. It is too early in the investigation to tell.

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

That may be true. It is too early in the investigation to tell.

That may be true...??

But you started this dumb post....

If you hear  _or smell-  a fart ... you just KNOW it's Trump's !

8 minutes ago, Z09 said:

That may be true...??

But you started this dumb post....

The sentence "That may be true." implies "That may be untrue."  I am waiting for the evidence. Could you upload a copy of your elementary school graduation certificate? I would like to know what level of education I am dealing with here.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, Hankk said:

All Blame must fall squarely on the Shoulders of HRC, if HRC wasn't such a POS she would have Beat Trump but she Didn't so HRC is totally covered in the Blood of these poor people DAMN YOU HRC!!

Actually, it falls on 80,000 miffed Bernie voters in three Midwest states who stayed home rather than vote for Clinton. 

Thanks a fing lot. 

10 minutes ago, drvoke said:

The sentence "That may be true." implies "That may be untrue."  I am waiting for the evidence. Could you upload a copy of your elementary school graduation certificate? I would like to know what level of education I am dealing with here.

So now you think Trump is to blame for the crash?

Do you really believe that?

Are you this friggin stupid?

2 minutes ago, Z09 said:

So now you think Trump is to blame for the crash?

Do you really believe that?

Are you this friggin stupid?

I am not

however the sanctions on Venezuela did cause lack of shortages for backup power to run

Mafduro could take responsibility for not taking care of his people and Boeing can take responsibility for building an airplane that doesn't fly

2 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

I am not

however the sanctions on Venezuela did cause lack of shortages for backup power to run

Mafduro could take responsibility for not taking care of his people and Boeing can take responsibility for building an airplane that doesn't fly

Blaming Trump for a plane crash on the other side of the world is as dumb as it gets

2 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Blaming Trump for a plane crash on the other side of the world is as dumb as it gets

Agree

I still owe you 50 bucks you want to make a bet?

I'll go double or nothing if we never have to pay each other

I really think we could have a lot of fun with play money at this place

1 minute ago, Five By Five said:

Agree

I still owe you 50 bucks you want to make a bet?

I'll go double or nothing if we never have to pay each other

I really think we could have a lot of fun with play money at this place

Alright...

What ya wanna bet?

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

Alright...

What ya wanna bet?

Well let's just think about it I guess my last bet wasn't that interesting

I know we don't want to bet if Chappaquiddick will ever be solved