CrimeaRiver

Perfect Steak Doneness or Temperature... and Steak Cut

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

I usually go with either prime rib or strip...always medium rare.

Worked with a guy once who thought bleu of overcooked.  Uh...no thanks.

5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

I usually go with either prime rib or strip...always medium rare.

Worked with a guy once who thought bleu of overcooked.  Uh...no thanks.

Strip is my 2nd go to after a ribeye....always med rare.

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

2 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

617faf059b353828e70d0ccf7de359ca.jpg

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

Well, at least you are headed in the right direction. It is not only a healthy choice, but a good moral choice.

5 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

I  prefer the  butcher's cuts of  hanger steak and flat iron to  strip.   

Done right, a hanger or flat iron will kick a strip streak's butt and there will  be zero waste 

Flat Iron

flatiron-salsa-verde-11.jpg

Hanger Steak

hanger_steak_2-wm.jpg

med rare ribeye.....very good ribeyes are getting tougher to find super tender

unless you pay $32-35 per pound even some of those aren't perfect

15 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house.

18 minutes ago, drvoke said:

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

lol....then the FRAUD QUNT Alexandria Queso-Chips has dinner with a guy who is eating a hamburger!   lol......fraud wibbie

18 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

8 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house. 

+10

You can't live someone else's life for them. She has stated her position. She adheres to it. She attempts to persuade, not to impose.

I am 90% on the meat/fat carnivore diet....the only veggies I eat are ....apples, avocados and sweet pots. 

No green leafy stuff....not healthy for the human digestive system

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

You can't live someone else's life for them. She has stated her position. She adheres to it. She attempts to persuade, not to impose.

lol, simply responded to your post bro :) 

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

You're all going to die of heart attacks in your 50s

Vegans die earlier as their teeth fall out and their bones become brittle from starvation and too much sugar

3 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

I don't eat too much raw vegetables at all.   I enjoy cooking.    

Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Vegans die earlier as their teeth fall out and their bones become brittle from starvation and too much sugar

Veganism is weird.    Vegetarian is normal. Pluss I eat eggs and cheese  with fish on occasion.