Perfect Steak Doneness or Temperature... and Steak Cut

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

I usually go with either prime rib or strip...always medium rare.

Worked with a guy once who thought bleu of overcooked.  Uh...no thanks.

Strip is my 2nd go to after a ribeye....always med rare.

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

2 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

617faf059b353828e70d0ccf7de359ca.jpg

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

Well, at least you are headed in the right direction. It is not only a healthy choice, but a good moral choice.

5 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

I  prefer the  butcher's cuts of  hanger steak and flat iron to  strip.   

Done right, a hanger or flat iron will kick a strip streak's butt and there will  be zero waste 

Flat Iron

flatiron-salsa-verde-11.jpg

Hanger Steak

hanger_steak_2-wm.jpg

15 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house.

18 minutes ago, drvoke said:

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

lol....then the FRAUD QUNT Alexandria Queso-Chips has dinner with a guy who is eating a hamburger!   lol......fraud wibbie

18 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

8 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house. 

+10

3 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

I don't eat too much raw vegetables at all.   I enjoy cooking.    

Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Vegans die earlier as their teeth fall out and their bones become brittle from starvation and too much sugar

Veganism is weird.    Vegetarian is normal. Pluss I eat eggs and cheese  with fish on occasion.

Archived