Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimeaRiver

Perfect Steak Doneness or Temperature... and Steak Cut

Recommended Posts

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually go with either prime rib or strip...always medium rare.

 

Worked with a guy once who thought bleu of overcooked.  Uh...no thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

 

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

I usually go with either prime rib or strip...always medium rare.

 

Worked with a guy once who thought bleu of overcooked.  Uh...no thanks.

 

 

Strip is my 2nd go to after a ribeye....always med rare.

 

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

 

Strip is my 2nd go to after a ribeye....always med rare.

 

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

 

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Animal flesh is sick. Try some steamed broccoli over a bed of alfalfa sprouts and bamboo shoots.  Mmm

 

 

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

 

 

617faf059b353828e70d0ccf7de359ca.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

 

 

617faf059b353828e70d0ccf7de359ca.jpg

 

 

Well, at least you are headed in the right direction. It is not only a healthy choice, but a good moral choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Strip is my 2nd go to after a ribeye....always med rare.

 

 

 

I  prefer the  butcher's cuts of  hanger steak and flat iron to  strip.   

 

Done right, a hanger or flat iron will kick a strip streak's butt and there will  be zero waste 

 

Flat Iron

 

flatiron-salsa-verde-11.jpg

 

 

 

 

Hanger Steak

 

hanger_steak_2-wm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

med rare ribeye.....very good ribeyes are getting tougher to find super tender

unless you pay $32-35 per pound even some of those aren't perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

 

No sauce....although I do sometimes like chimichurri if I eat steak at a Brazilian steak house

 

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

 

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 

What did AOC say about red meat, sh*t for brains? Ease up. It's bad for the planet, you selfish bastards.

 

lol....then the FRAUD QUNT Alexandria Queso-Chips has dinner with a guy who is eating a hamburger!   lol......fraud wibbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

I am mostly a   vegetarian  now.    On occasion I eat  meat.   Chicken wings I  love when cooked correctly.   Beef is great  when it is a filet  mignon...   sous vide at 110 for an hour then  seared  medium rare  130-140 degrees  final internal temp

 

 

617faf059b353828e70d0ccf7de359ca.jpg

 

 

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

 

We were at a highly rated steak house in Atlanta about a year ago and the waiter asked if I was going to need a steak sauce.  My reply "God I hope not.  I assume the chef knows how to cook a steak correctly." The waiter smiled and said "I agree, but they make me ask."

 

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house. 

 

Good rule of thumb...unless ordering surf and turf, never order seafood at a steak house and never order steak at a seafood house.

 

+10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't live someone else's life for them. She has stated her position. She adheres to it. She attempts to persuade, not to impose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 90% on the meat/fat carnivore diet....the only veggies I eat are ....apples, avocados and sweet pots. 

 

No green leafy stuff....not healthy for the human digestive system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

You can't live someone else's life for them. She has stated her position. She adheres to it. She attempts to persuade, not to impose.

lol, simply responded to your post bro :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slideman said:

You're all going to die of heart attacks in your 50s

Vegans die earlier as their teeth fall out and their bones become brittle from starvation and too much sugar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CrimeaRiver said:

Careful friend....many vegetables are poisonous to humans.   We were made to eat meat and fat :) . 

 

We don't have several stomachs to digest cellulose like ruminant animals.   moooooo

 

 

I don't eat too much raw vegetables at all.   I enjoy cooking.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrimeaRiver said:

Vegans die earlier as their teeth fall out and their bones become brittle from starvation and too much sugar

 

 

Veganism is weird.    Vegetarian is normal. Pluss I eat eggs and cheese  with fish on occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No holds barred chat

  • By Imgreatagain

    Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • By deezer shoove

    grgle


  • By rippy38

  • By Str8tEdge

    Where’s at @slideman?


  • By Robot88

    Hola


  • By teacher

    I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • By impartialobserver

    What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • By kfools

    Where does it say 2?


  • By kfools

    So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • By teacher

    How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • By Duck615

    Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • By kfools

    Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • By Imgreatagain

    Mine too. 


  • By Imgreatagain

    I thought it was my location.. 


  • By kfools

    Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


  • By Duck615

    OK thanks

     


  • By king of the county

    Test


  • By Blue Devil

    Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...