Sign in to follow this  
merrill

GM has been exhibiting abuse of USA deductions and mistreatment of employees....I say GM should lose substantial sums of it's tax deductions each time they move jobs abroad! Our tax dollars have been poured into this corporation = tax deductions/bailouts

I say GM should lose substantial sums of it's tax deductions each time they move jobs abroad! Our tax dollars have been poured into this corporation by way of tax deductions and bailouts.

All preferential tax codes protecting profits gained abroad should be removed immediately!

Yes corporations receiving preferential tax codes which do encourage sweet profits do owe the USA and our work force tons of jobs in America. 

Before shutting down any phase of GM to move abroad CEO and other upper level executives need to experience sizable reductions in pay packages plus eliminating all golden parachutes.

GM has been exhibiting abuse of USA deductions and mistreatment of employees.

Most conservatives were advocating to let them go bankrupt.  But no...Obama-lama-ding-dong had to bail them out.

And why to snowflakes assume the CEO and senior management just shut down areas of the corporation on a whim?  There is almost always a strong business reason for discontinuing a segment, plant, etc.

bush/cheney initiated.the bailout as too big to fall......

16 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Most conservatives were advocating to let them go bankrupt.  But no...Obama-lama-ding-dong had to bail them out.

And why to snowflakes assume the CEO and senior management just shut down areas of the corporation on a whim?  There is almost always a strong business reason for discontinuing a segment, plant, etc.

16 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Mismanagement falls on the back for the executives = not the taxpayers responsibility to bail them out!!!!

Corporate USA owes taxpayers and consumers jobs forever and forever.  The Big 3 would never have been successful without taxpaying consumers, tax deductions and workers.

1 minute ago, merrill said:

Corporate USA owes taxpayers and consumers jobs forever and forever.  The Big 3 would never have been successful without taxpaying consumers.

You really need to learn how to quote.  I said NOTHING about mismanagement, yet you somehow managed to attribute to me.

I agree about mismanagement...that is why I favored letting them go bankrupt.  However, corporations don't owe taxpayers and consumers anything.  They should, if they want to flourish, know and anticipate the needs and desires of their customer, but they only owe something to their owners.  And keep in mind, the US would probably have failed in WW2 without them.

GM never sh0uld have been saved.

America lost tens of billions of dollars  under  Obama/Biden saving this union destroyed  mess.

BMW and Toyota  both wanted it and would  turned it around, saving  jobs everywhere building cars/trucks people ACTUALLY WANT

6 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

I agree about mismanagement...that is why I favored letting them go bankrupt. 

well your buddy ASSBAMA wanted to save union  jobs and  pensions.   the same  jobs that crushed the company with  legacy  payments 

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

well your buddy ASSBAMA wanted to save union  jobs and  pensions.   the same  jobs that crushed the company with  legacy  payments 

"ASSBAMA" is NOT my buddy.  I hope you are smart enough to understand that when a company files for Chapter 11 protection, they DO NOT cease to exist.  They continue operations while they develop and execute a plan to restructure/reduce.

3 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

"ASSBAMA" is NOT my buddy. 

I made an  error.    I thought you were  Merrill

26 minutes ago, merrill said:

bush/cheney initiated.the bailout as too big to fall...…

that was banks... not car manufacturers

23 minutes ago, merrill said:

Corporate USA owes taxpayers and consumers jobs forever and forever.  

Corporate buggy whip makers?

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

I made an  error.    I thought you were  Merrill

Hope God vaporizes you for the insult you just directed at me :D

23 minutes ago, merrill said:

Corporate USA owes taxpayers and consumers jobs forever and forever.  The Big 3 would never have been successful without taxpaying consumers, tax deductions and workers.

Any corporation that accepts taxpayer assistance is in debt to the taxpayers NOT the other way around.

1 hour ago, merrill said:

I say GM should lose substantial sums of it's tax deductions each time they move jobs abroad! Our tax dollars have been poured into this corporation by way of tax deductions and bailouts.

All preferential tax codes protecting profits gained abroad should be removed immediately!

Yes corporations receiving preferential tax codes which do encourage sweet profits do owe the USA and our work force tons of jobs in America. 

Before shutting down any phase of GM to move abroad CEO and other upper level executives need to experience sizable reductions in pay packages plus eliminating all golden parachutes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/12/bush-announces-174-billion-auto-bailout-016740

President George W. Bush stepped in Friday to keep America's auto industry afloat, announcing a $17.4 billion bailout for GM and Chrysler, with the terms of the loans requiring that the firms radically restructure and show they can become profitable soon. 

"If we were to allow the free market to take its course now, it would almost certainly lead to disorderly bankruptcy," Bush said at the White House, in remarks carried live by the national broadcast networks. "In the midst of a financial crisis and a recession, allowing the U.S. auto industry to collapse is not a responsible course of action.

The question is how we can best give it a chance to succeed." Bush said that "bankruptcy now would lead to a disorderly liquidation of American auto companies." 

"My economic advisers believe that such a collapse would deal an unacceptably painful blow to hardworking Americans far beyond the auto industry. It would worsen a weak job market and exacerbate the financial crisis," he said. "It could send our suffering economy into a deeper and longer recession." 

The money will come from the Wall Street bailout passed by Congress, a reversal for the White House. President-elect Barack Obama and Democrats had long advocated that course, and Bush had resisted it. 

Of the total, $13.4 billion will be paid out in December and January, administration officials told reporters in a briefing. The last $4 billion is contingent on release of the second installment of the Wall Street bailout funds by Congress. 

As it happens — in a source for some potential confusion — this breakdown also corresponds with how the money will be divided between GM and Chrysler, the two major recipients. 

Treasury estimates GM will require about $13.4 billion in loans; Chrysler $4 billion. Both companies will share in the first $13.4 billion paid out in December and January. GM will need the last $4 billion as well. 

The government gets a stake in each company, and can call in the loans on March 31 if the firms cannot prove "viability" by then. The manufacturers do not have to be profitable immediately but have to be "profitable soon," a senior administration official said. 

The structure largely follows the pattern of legislation that failed in Congress last week in the Senate because of Republican opposition. Bush made no mention of this fight, but in stepping in as he is, the president risks angering conservatives in his party but the administration felt it had no choice given the fragile state of the economy. 

7 hours ago, merrill said:

Any corporation that accepts taxpayer assistance is in debt to the taxpayers NOT the other way around.

absolutely

The USA should have never bailed out any bank or company. Bush started the bailout and Obama put the bailout on steroids. Too big to fail was BS. Any company that goes belly-up will be absorbed by other companies if there is anything left of their assets. I do not care if GM is making money or not. The gov. should not bail out any company or bank. EVER.

17 hours ago, johndnorth said:

The USA should have never bailed out any bank or company. Bush started the bailout and Obama put the bailout on steroids. Too big to fail was BS. Any company that goes belly-up will be absorbed by other companies if there is anything left of their assets. I do not care if GM is making money or not. The gov. should not bail out any company or bank. EVER.

Applause applause .......

On 3/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, merrill said:

Aren't you glad Obama bailed them out?

Taxes should be distinguished from fees (duties), the collection of which is not gratuitous, but is a condition for certain actions to be taken with respect to their payers. I always have a consultant in Financial Services Act! I believe that a responsible approach is always necessary!

On 3/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, merrill said:

Give GM the boot for making too many junk cars over the past 30 years.......