Skans

Conservative v. Liberal Motorcycles.....

4 hours ago, fishhead said:

Here's the affordable GS

actually here it is...  the F 310 GS... under $6K

2018-BMW-G-310-GS-Review-Adventure-Motor

42 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

actually here it is...  the F 310 GS... under $6K

2018-BMW-G-310-GS-Review-Adventure-Motor

7CNb.gif

Guess who?

kj

1969 Honda 160 Scrambler

1969 BMW R69S

1974 Honda 450

1975 Yamaha RD 350

1976 Honda 750

1977 Norton 850

1995 Honda Magna 750

engine tork has to be insane, melt the tire off the rim crazy.

You will just burn rubber if you twist the throttle too much on a Boss Hoss from a standstill - great for burnouts, but doesn't perform as well in the quarter mile as a lightweight crotch rocket.  It weighs 1,100 pounds.  But, once you have it going about 40mph and twist the throttle, you can't imagine the freaking rush of raw rocket-like acceleration!

I have a 15 year old Honda Rune being delivered to me in a week.  Bought it sight unseen and I have never ridden one before.  Lots of torque, but it won't beat a any of the Crotch Rocket 1200's.

2012-honda-rune-6_800x0w.jpg

7 minutes ago, Skans said:

You will just burn rubber if you twist the throttle too much on a Boss Hoss from a standstill - great for burnouts, but doesn't perform as well in the quarter mile as a lightweight crotch rocket.  It weighs 1,100 pounds.  But, once you have it going about 40mph and twist the throttle, you can't imagine the freaking rush of raw rocket-like acceleration!

I have a 15 year old Honda Rune being delivered to me in a week.  Bought it sight unseen and I have never ridden one before.  Lots of torque, but it won't beat a any of the Crotch Rocket 1200's.

2012-honda-rune-6_800x0w.jpg

I love the Rune!! A work of art with a solid Valkyrie engine. Last I checked, they're still bringing top dollar if you can find one. In 2008 during Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville, AR I saw a 600hp Viper Boss Hoss. Now that's just not rational.

When I was young and liberal I had two Bridgestones and a Suzuki 250 X-6 Hustler. Later as a conservative, I have had Hondas, Suzukis, Kawasakis, a Harley. I still have my 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic and my ride of choice, the best bike I've ever ridden or owned is my 2014 Indian Chief Vintage with custom paint. I will have to be forced to give up riding, or become incapable of it, before I'll quit. And if that means I have to go to a trike later on, then I will do so.

A work of art with a solid Valkyrie engine. Last I checked, they're still bringing top dollar if you can find one.

They are hard to find.  Less than 3,000 were ever made and they were only manufactured in 2004 and 2005.  No one is going to let you test ride their Rune, so buying sight unseen, untested and shipping it from another state is about your only option. 

The new Indian Chiefs really are nice.  I would never give it up.  I can't imagine ever being without a motorcycle.  I figure if I get old enough to where I can't hardly see, everything hurts, and half my body is made of cancer, I'll get on that motorcycle (well, maybe not the Rune) for one last balls-to-the-wall ride.

How does one add a photo to a post?

If you find a picture you want to post here, just left click on "image location" and copy directly into your post.  That usually works. 

This is an attractive motorcycle. So are all the Indians I have ever seen.

I doubt that taste in motorcycles has anything to do with politics, other than perhaps helmet laws.

Just now, Skans said:

If you find a picture you want to post here, just left click on "image location" and copy directly into your post.  That usually works. 

Thanks. does that go for photos I have on my computer or just stuff I find on line?

I've never ridden a Rune. Let me know of your impressions when you get it.......and I sincerely hope it is all you expect it to be. Sight unseen scares me.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

This is an attractive motorcycle. So are all the Indians I have ever seen.

I doubt that taste in motorcycles has anything to do with politics, other than perhaps helmet laws.

That's probably true. I don't think I could live in a "helmet required" state. It should always be the rider's choice at 18 years old.

Thanks. does that go for photos I have on my computer or just stuff I find on line?

Don't post photos from your computer!  Too much information embedded in them.  In fact, just stick to using available generic photos, especially on this site.

Sight unseen scares me.

I could get burned - sometimes you have to be willing to take on some risk.  But, with this particular bike, as long as it is cosmetically in great condition, anything mechanical can be addressed.  I have already received the title.   I have purchased firearms over the internet, with transfers going through a local FFL, so I am kind of used to this.

9 minutes ago, Skans said:

Don't post photos from your computer!  Too much information embedded in them.  In fact, just stick to using available generic photos, especially on this site.

I could get burned - sometimes you have to be willing to take on some risk.  But, with this particular bike, as long as it is cosmetically in great condition, anything mechanical can be addressed.  I have already received the title.   I have purchased firearms over the internet, with transfers going through a local FFL, so I am kind of used to this.

Thanks for the info. And, again, best of luck on the Rune.