Skans

Conservative v. Liberal Motorcycles.....

I am curious about what kind of motorcycle a liberal or conservative would choose to spend their money on.  I think I have a good idea how the results would come down, but I'd like to hear from both liberals and conservatives, and even Impartialobserver on this.  I personally have a very specific kind of motorcycle I like - perhaps I will list them.

You can say what motorcycles you've had in the past, or now have, or what your "Dream Bike" would be.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

I am curious about what kind of motorcycle a liberal or conservative would choose to spend their money on.  I think I have a good idea how the results would come down, but I'd like to hear from both liberals and conservatives, and even Impartialobserver on this.  I personally have a very specific kind of motorcycle I like - perhaps I will list them.

You can say what motorcycles you've had in the past, or now have, or what your "Dream Bike" would be.

Since ACA, I can no longer afford buying another motorcycle. 2008 my health insurance was $600. a year, now it is $10,000 for the same coverage for my wife and I.  What society giveth, government takes away. 

I planned my retirement for 40 years, with nothing hinting at this kind of confiscation taking place. I don't have another 20 to create what I did again.  You bastards planned this crap 30 years ago.

Shame I figured out time is stationary, I recognize how it was done, carried out, and nobody is interested in stopping it same way it was implemented. Psychologically.

Since ACA, I can no longer afford buying another motorcycle.

Just for fun, what did you previously ride?

35 minutes ago, Skans said:

Just for fun, what did you previously ride?

had several, honda cb450, 76 then 78 goldwing, someone gave me a honda 250 custom because I gave him a ride share to work for years, suzuki 1400 intruder was the last. I really have a hard time as to what I want, price wise the best bang for the buck and my age being it will be the last motor cycle I could buy and enjoy for a decade is the 2016 suzuki bandit. but I love yamaha's mt 10, tenere, stryker, zmax, Indian scout regular not 60 version, but the 3.3 fueltank doesn't impress me. that new FTR indian, 2017 Harley lowrides,  always loved Ducati's big guns. Like so many I just can't pick one.

riding a motor cycle develops a constant awareness of everything moving around you to avoid being run over by another driver not paying attention to motorcycles. Instincts rule, intellect distracts and avoids actual results.

that is why I think so in the moment, not within space time relativity logistics.

43 minutes ago, sole result said:

Since ACA, I can no longer afford buying another motorcycle. 2008 my health insurance was $600. a year, now it is $10,000 for the same coverage for my wife and I.  What society giveth, government takes away. 

I planned my retirement for 40 years, with nothing hinting at this kind of confiscation taking place. I don't have another 20 to create what I did again.  You bastards planned this crap 30 years ago.

Sahme I figured out time is stationary, I recognize how it was done, carried out, and nobody is interested in stopping it same way it was implemented. Psychologically.

"If you like your motorcycles, you can keep your motorcycles." - the O'Hole.

kj

Just now, KneeJerk said:

"If you like your motorcycles, you can keep your motorcycles." - the O'Hole.

kj

that is funny. 

had several, honda cb450, 76

My first motorcycle was a Honda CB550F (1976).  I had to restore it cosmetically, but it always ran well.  I loved that bike!  I put a shiny new orange tank on it, new fenders, new exhaust and headers (stock), rebuilt the brakes, clutch etc. etc. etc.  I road the heck out of that bike. 

I have had a couple of other motorcycles; just purchased another one.  For the longest time, I wanted a Boss Hoss with 350 V8.  I decided against it.  Not because most people think it's over the top and stupid - I like over the top and stupid fast!  But, because I like a bike with a close-ratio manual gear box.  The Boss Hoss essentially has a one or 2 speed auto trans with torque converter.  That's all you need with that bike, but it bugged me.

48 minutes ago, Skans said:

My first motorcycle was a Honda CB550F (1976).  I had to restore it cosmetically, but it always ran well.  I loved that bike!  I put a shiny new orange tank on it, new fenders, new exhaust and headers (stock), rebuilt the brakes, clutch etc. etc. etc.  I road the heck out of that bike. 

I have had a couple of other motorcycles; just purchased another one.  For the longest time, I wanted a Boss Hoss with 350 V8.  I decided against it.  Not because most people think it's over the top and stupid - I like over the top and stupid fast!  But, because I like a bike with a close-ratio manual gear box.  The Boss Hoss essentially has a one or 2 speed auto trans with torque converter.  That's all you need with that bike, but it bugged me.

If I have the need to ride my son has a 2013 Hayabusa. I don't care for the riding position much so I seldom take it out. but after having both knees replaced finally I am getting back to where I could ride it again to ride a bike again for an hour or so. 

Only feeling close to riding is sky diving. Nothing like sitting on technology that can hurl you a quartermile in 10 seconds or less. or get you 0-80 in first gear under 500 feet. like free falling horizontally instead of vertically.

A 350 V8 engine seems a bit like overkill.

In the city in the Dominican Republic where I frequently visit, cheap Chinese bikes are the main means of transportation.Motorcycle taxis are how people bring their groceries home from the market: 50lb sacks of rice included.

I have seen people transporting full-size refrigerators on these things. Most have 1 cylinder 150 CC engines. They are not all that fast, or durable, but they are cheap to buy and to ride.

2005 CBR 1000RR Repsol.

Not as racy as the next version and better as a sport bike.

800px-Honda_CBR1000_Repsol_2005_on_the_T

kj

hey skans, don't liberals only ride people powered bikes to save the environment and block cars on highways. Oops, just remembered there are all those electric bikes and some don't look half bad. Zero's and such.Better plan losts of time between recharges though or where to recharge at on the road. 

A 350 V8 engine seems a bit like overkill.

I had the opportunity to ride a fuel-injected Boss Hoss once.  It was an a real adrenaline rush!  The bike actually handled well, but the throttle just dared you to keep twisting it.  Freaking dared you!!!!

hey skans, don't liberals only ride people powered bikes to save the environment and block cars on highways.

Ha ha!  You might think that, but we all know they are hypocrites; and that they like motorcycles as much as some Conservatives, and basically justify it as using less gas than the Buick they own!

riding a motor cycle develops a constant awareness of everything moving around you to avoid being run over by another driver not paying attention to motorcycles. Instincts rule, intellect distracts and avoids actual results.

Oh, crap!  This actually makes sense.:o

not sure what I would ride if i was ever to do so. Would be fun to take a cross country ride. Have done 450 and 600 mile rides on my non-motorized bike but those were not relaxing in the least.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I had the opportunity to ride a fuel-injected Boss Hoss once.  It was an a real adrenaline rush!  The bike actually handled well, but the throttle just dared you to keep twisting it.  Freaking dared you!!!!

engine tork has to be insane, melt the tire off the rim crazy.

not sure what I would ride if i was ever to do so. Would be fun to take a cross country ride. Have done 450 and 600 mile rides on my non-motorized bike but those were not relaxing in the least.

Try going 4,000+ miles on a 900cc motorcycle with no windscreen over 3 weeks!

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I would be up for the challenge. The 600 mile ride was from Boise to near Seattle in July. Took 8 days with no hotel/motel stays so we carried the camping gear with us. Been itching to get out on the road and do something like that again. 

1972 Triumph Bonneville 750 in college.

Before that a Peugeot Moped

Bill

66 Triumph Bonneville

69 Triumph TR6R  Tiger

76 BMW R90/6

79 Triumph Bonneville

2010 Triumph Sprint

1990 Yamaha TW200

1 hour ago, Skans said:

Ha ha!  You might think that, but we all know they are hypocrites; and that they like motorcycles as much as some Conservatives, and basically justify it as using less gas than the Buick they own!

Oh, crap!  This actually makes sense.:o

Oh, sparked an instinctive response. 

53 minutes ago, Skans said:

Damn that sounds like a great time.

probably like being a dad, loved the ones you reproduced but wouldn't want to ever reproduce another one. Why the passed remains the past do somethng different from here.

Took 8 days with no hotel/motel stays so we carried the camping gear with us. Been itching to get out on the road and do something like that again. 

Did you have someone follow you in a car, or did each bicyclist carry their own provisions?  Sounds like fun.

Just now, Skans said:

Did you have someone follow you in a car, or did each bicyclist carry their own provisions?  Sounds like fun.

There were two of us and we carried our own provisions. Unbeknownst to most, Eastern Oregon is wide open high desert and in July... 100 degrees is not uncommon. 

Damn that sounds like a great time.

It was, but it was a harsh 3 weeks too.  I was on my bike the entire time, by myself, camping out 90% of the time.  I opted to carry extra gas instead of water.  I broke down a couple of times and had to remove the rack of carbs and clean out the debris - my air filter was not working properly.  However, it was a blast and I met some really cool people.