Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drvoke

NRA Facing Backlash Over Pelosi 'Target Practice' Picture

Recommended Posts

 

Image result for pelosi shooting target

 

 

 

Nice, cons, real nice. Violence, always violence. You people are animals.

 

The Feds should shutter the doors of the NRA once and for all. They are a domestic terrorist organization.

 

At the very least, surveillance cameras should be installed in all gun ranges to monitor for this type of behavior.

 

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-facing-backlash-over-target-practice-picture/ar-BBTZa9d?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

 

 

The National Rifle Association is facing scrutiny over publishing a magazine spread that depicts House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and former Rep. Gabby Giffords, a victim of gun violence, next to a large headline that reads "Target Practice.”

Lawmakers and advocates decried the American Rifleman layout as offensive on Saturday afternoon after Huffington Post reporter Jennifer Bendery shared pictures of the magazine on Twitter. From there, it went viral and was circulated to other lawmakers and Pelosi’s daughter.

“We must condemn this intentional, outrageous criminal incitement,” Christine Pelosi tweeted Saturday. “We cannot allow this hate speech to stop common-sense gun violence prevention.”

Rep. Eric Swalwell of California also condemned the magazine spread and characterized it as a “call for violence." He urged his followers to boycott the NRA, which publishes American Rifleman.

"The NRA should face legal consequences," he tweeted. "But let’s put them out of business with boycotts and ballot boxes. #EnoughIsEnough." 

Fred Guttenberg, who became an advocate for gun control after his daughter Jaime was killed at the Parkland, Florida, school shooting, echoed his concerns. He told Newsweek that the picture ultimately "reinforces the notion that they are a terror group." 

The NRA did not immediately return Newsweek's request for comment.

The magazine spread, which appears in the March 2019 print and online edition, features an article about congressional efforts to increase gun legislation. Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA’s lobbying branch, wrote the piece and identified Pelosi as the “arch anti-gunner.” The cover of the magazine, meanwhile, features what appears to be a FN 15, a semi-automatic firearm modeled after the M16A4 used by the U.S. military next to the words “In Defense of the Rifle.” Advertising materials boast that the weapon is “directly from the front lines to your collection.”

Both Pelosi and Giffords have been targeted for their political work. In 2011, Giffords was shot in the head in a failed assassination attempt in Arizona during a meeting with community members. She survived the attack and went on to found Americans for Responsible Solutions, a super pac that supports gun control initiatives. The group rebranded as “Giffords” in 2016.

Pelosi, meanwhile, has faced numerous threats, including one earlier this month from Christopher Paul Hasson, a self-proclaimed “white nationalist” who federal prosecutors say was plotting an attack on Democratic lawmakers. He was arrested earlier this month in Maryland, where investigators claim he had been stockpiling firearms to use in the alleged attack.

This latest incident is hardly the first time the NRA has faced criticism for its media content, which includes the magazine and NRA-TV. Several advertisements, particularly those produced in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, massacre in February 2018, were labeled as offensive and inflammatory by opponents.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, drvoke said:

 

Image result for pelosi shooting target

 

 

 

Nice, cons, real nice. Violence, always violence. You people are animals.

 

The Feds should shutter the doors of the NRA once and for all. They are a domestic terrorist organization.

 

At the very least, surveillance cameras should be installed in all gun ranges to monitor for this type of behavior.

 

 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-facing-backlash-over-target-practice-picture/ar-BBTZa9d?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

 

 

The National Rifle Association is facing scrutiny over publishing a magazine spread that depicts House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and former Rep. Gabby Giffords, a victim of gun violence, next to a large headline that reads "Target Practice.”

Lawmakers and advocates decried the American Rifleman layout as offensive on Saturday afternoon after Huffington Post reporter Jennifer Bendery shared pictures of the magazine on Twitter. From there, it went viral and was circulated to other lawmakers and Pelosi’s daughter.

“We must condemn this intentional, outrageous criminal incitement,” Christine Pelosi tweeted Saturday. “We cannot allow this hate speech to stop common-sense gun violence prevention.”

Rep. Eric Swalwell of California also condemned the magazine spread and characterized it as a “call for violence." He urged his followers to boycott the NRA, which publishes American Rifleman.

"The NRA should face legal consequences," he tweeted. "But let’s put them out of business with boycotts and ballot boxes. #EnoughIsEnough." 

Fred Guttenberg, who became an advocate for gun control after his daughter Jaime was killed at the Parkland, Florida, school shooting, echoed his concerns. He told Newsweek that the picture ultimately "reinforces the notion that they are a terror group." 

The NRA did not immediately return Newsweek's request for comment.

The magazine spread, which appears in the March 2019 print and online edition, features an article about congressional efforts to increase gun legislation. Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA’s lobbying branch, wrote the piece and identified Pelosi as the “arch anti-gunner.” The cover of the magazine, meanwhile, features what appears to be a FN 15, a semi-automatic firearm modeled after the M16A4 used by the U.S. military next to the words “In Defense of the Rifle.” Advertising materials boast that the weapon is “directly from the front lines to your collection.”

Both Pelosi and Giffords have been targeted for their political work. In 2011, Giffords was shot in the head in a failed assassination attempt in Arizona during a meeting with community members. She survived the attack and went on to found Americans for Responsible Solutions, a super pac that supports gun control initiatives. The group rebranded as “Giffords” in 2016.

Pelosi, meanwhile, has faced numerous threats, including one earlier this month from Christopher Paul Hasson, a self-proclaimed “white nationalist” who federal prosecutors say was plotting an attack on Democratic lawmakers. He was arrested earlier this month in Maryland, where investigators claim he had been stockpiling firearms to use in the alleged attack.

This latest incident is hardly the first time the NRA has faced criticism for its media content, which includes the magazine and NRA-TV. Several advertisements, particularly those produced in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, massacre in February 2018, were labeled as offensive and inflammatory by opponents.

 

 

 

But Kathy Griffin holding Donald's severed head isn't. Effigy is politically incorrect when ruling elites are pictured, not a problem when their competition is..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drvoke said:

The Feds should shutter the doors of the NRA once and for all. They are a domestic terrorist organization.

 

 

Ok..  name one act of terror they committed.

 

just one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

Ok..  name one act of terror they committed.

 

just one

  They advocate the guns used in mass shootings.

  Pretty much the same thing.

 So.

 Columbine.

 Sandy Hook.

 Las Vegas.

 Etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Squatchman said:

They advocate the guns used in mass shootings.

  Pretty much the same thing.

 

 

 

No it isnt.    That is a very uninformed statement.  Why do think you can get away with saying such garbage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BullConnor said:

Thanks for the heads up, i’ve been looking for a replacement for the Trayvon target I normally use.

I got the trump one.

The bullseye is his mouth.

Which is where Putin aims his cock when those two get together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

I got the trump one.

 

 

 

Name one restriction Trump has tried to put on this country that would affect your life negatively 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

th?id=OIP.Lhm1zwlRtKR61WrkagK40wHaD5&pid

 

It goes both ways.  All it would take is a stool pigeon on a grassy knoll...or in a school book depository,  somewhere like Dallas Texas...with a 6.5mm Carcano. 😉

 

th?id=OIP.Ctr6WCc9Gk0CC5q91ew8RAHaB7&pid

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Feds should shutter the doors of the NRA once and for all. They are a domestic terrorist organization"

 

 

 

I agree....the rightwing taking America down further every day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

 

Name one restriction Trump has tried to put on this country that would affect your life negatively 

 Tax cuts.

My refund was smaller this year.

Hahahahaha!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DennisTheMenace said:

from-my-cold-dead-hands.jpg

 

Ok Charlton...your hands are cold and dead...let''s take 'em away now. 

They were cold and dead when that picture was taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drvoke said:

Nice, cons, real nice. Violence, always violence. You people are animals.

 

There is nothing  violent about target practice.
Violence is shooting people, such as Congressmen on a ballfield.

Violence requires a victim, such as Congressmen on a ballfield.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

 Tax cuts.

My refund was smaller this year.

Hahahahaha!

 

Thank you for demonstrating the major flaw in Liberal thinking.

You can't even manage your own money

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

 Tax cuts.

My refund was smaller this year.

Hahahahaha!

 

 

 

 

 

What is a a tax refund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chuck! said:

 

Thank you for demonstrating the major flaw in Liberal thinking.

You can't even manage your own money

 

 

  Oh ,I adjusted my witholdings.

 Just everybody who didn't feel this way.

And what kind of person would I be if I didn't remind everyone I know and those on Facebook who didn't get what they expected.

 And it was Trump's tax scam that did it to them.

 That I conveniently forget to tell them the extra few cents they got on their payroll checks is supposed to counter the smaller refund.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

 

Thank you for demonstrating the major flaw in Liberal thinking.

You can't even manage your own money

 

 

 

 

People who get tax refunds are people who barely pay taxes.     Handout culture.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

 

 

What is a a tax refund?

  That isnt the question most Americans are asking.

  Where is my refund is what they are asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Squatchman said:

my witholdings.

 

 

Dude..  you don’t pay dick in taxes.   People like me subsidize your very existence, I am small potatoes tho.   The wealthy protect you and you demonize them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Squatchman said:

  That isnt the question most Americans are asking.

  Where is my refund is what they are asking.

 

Yeah you don’t pay your way in this country.   You get money back.      

 

Ask not what your country can do for you.   Ask what you can do for country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

Thank you for demonstrating the major flaw in Liberal thinking.

 

 

One of many major flaws.  

 

3 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

Where is my refund is what they are asking.

 

 

Sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

People like me subsidize your very existence

  Sure you do.

 By buying the lumber from the trees I kill daily?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...