Sign in to follow this  
think

Bernie Sanders Bests Kamala Harris’ First-Day Donor Total in Four Hours (Over 42,000 donations so far.)

Bernie Sanders Bests Kamala Harris’ First-Day Donor Total in Four Hours

In just over the first four hours of his 2020 presidential campaign, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) had already raised money from 42,000 donors, a total that bested the number Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) had hit in the first full day of her campaign. The campaign estimated that Sanders had raised $1.2 million in three-and-a-half hours on Tuesday. ...

Read more:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-bests-kamala-harris-first-day-donor-total-in-four-hours

Wow.  That's great.  When she first declared her candidacy, it seemed like the "all Kamala" show.  Harris has a somewhat regressive record as DA in California.  Although I would vote for her if she became the the Democratic candidate, she is far down on my own personal list.  At the top of my list are Bernie, Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown.

3 minutes ago, bludog said:

Wow.  That's great.  When she first declared her candidacy, it seemed like the "all Kamala" show.  Harris has a somewhat regressive record as DA in California.  Although I would vote for her if she became the the Democratic candidate, she is far down on my own personal list.  At the top of my list are Bernie, Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown.

Yes, bludog!  :D  All those candidates are solid.  I'm excited about the 2020 race in general.  People up here in New England are already excited about Bernie running again.  Bernie won Maine with 66% of the vote in the caucus, yet several of Maine's traitorous "superdelegates" voted for Hillary anyway.   Now, he's BAAAACK!!!!  :)  Feel the Bern.   

8 minutes ago, bludog said:

Bernie is my first choice and Elizabeth Warren is a close 2nd for me.

Kamala Harris's record as DA is regressive in my mind as well. She and the rest of the field has taken on a much more progressive stance than candidates in the past so I consider that very positive overall so I'd still vote for her if I have to but hopefully we can do better.

I also like Tulsi Gabbard though she is a long shot. Tulsi though will bring a strong foreign policy discussion to the conversation especially in regards to the endless wars. Andrew Yang will also be a great addition with his discussion of a Basic Income. Basic Income won't be popular now but as robots begin to take over large parts of work force it may be a way to make sure the transition doesn't leave millions in the lurch in the very near future.

This is one of the best fields for candidates for the Democratic presidential primaries I've seen in a long time.