laripu

Estupido como una caja de rocas

... means stupid as a box of rocks.

Here's an example:

http://www.mtpr.org/post/montana-women-detained-speaking-spanish-sue-border-protection

Those ladies were born in the United States, live in Montana, and got arrested because they were speaking Spanish, which made a border patrol agent think they were illegal aliens. Spanish ... near the Canadian border.

Of course the arrest was illegal, and they're suing. I hope they win and this dumb-as-rocks practise ends.

Or, next time I have to be in Montreal for work, I could drive to St. Albans, Vt, a nice little town near the Canadian border. I've been there, for an hour or two, in the 90s. I think bought a pair of socks and a tie at a men's clothing store.

Anyway, I could address someone in my best Quebec-style French, and get arrested. The ensuing lawsuit should yield enough to nicely fund the purchase of a condo in NYC. If it doesn't work there, it'll work for sure in Nogales, AZ.

But I won't do that. Because it would be "aussi stupide que neuf poulets".... That is, as stupid as nine chickens.

😆😉

5 hours ago, laripu said:

Those ladies were born in the United States, live in Montana, and got arrested because they were speaking Spanish, which made a border patrol agent think they were illegal aliens. Spanish ... near the Canadian border.

This is truly outrageous and a symptom of the paranoid, scapegoat atmosphere, in the US, spawned buy the Trump administration. 

The ensuing lawsuit should yield enough to nicely fund the purchase of a condo in NYC.

Nothing but a sum that large would compensate for the enormity of the injustice.

stupid as a box of rocks.

Either that, or drunk, or both.