Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Parents outraged at first-grade teacher's decision to read book about gay bunnies to students

a close up of a stuffed animal: Teacher under investigation after reading book about gay bunnies to students. (Photo: WFTV)

Why do these people feel the need to read about the gay lifestyle to elementary school children? 

There is an investigation, but the teacher is currently teaching.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parents-outraged-at-first-grade-teachers-decision-to-read-book-about-gay-bunnies-to-students/ar-BBRkM3j?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above ink)

A Florida school district is conducting an internal investigation after an elementary school teacher read a book about gay bunnies to a class of first graders.

A Pinecrest Elementary School teacher, whose name has not been released, read a book titled A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo to his class several weeks ago, without previously informing the district or the students’ parents, according to Orlando news station WFTV. The illustrated book, presented by Last Week Tonight host John Oliver and written by Jill Twiss, is a parodied version of a book written by Vice President Mike Pence‘s family about his rabbit named Marlon Bundo.

In Oliver’s version, Bundo falls in love with another male rabbit whom he ends up marrying. It was created to mock the vice president’s stance on same-sex marriage — and parents told the local Florida outlet that that isn’t appropriate for the young students.

Parents’ complaints prompted the Seminole County School District to launch an investigation, as the book was not approved reading.

“It’s not something that should be in an elementary school,” Wendy Curry told WFTV. “That’s for me to decide at home — what I want to teach my child and what I feel they are able to handle.”

“I don’t think it’s fair they are not telling the other parents about what they read,” a student’s grandfather, Kraig Hudson, said. “Noah comes home one day and asks us if it’s OK for two male bunnies to get married. I said, ‘By our beliefs, no. But we do not judge nobody.'”

Another parent, Kellie Cowart, noted that she wouldn’t have minded the book choice, as long as it was run by parents first.

“I’m a very open person talking to my kids about that stuff,” Cowart said. “At the same time, a little heads-up would be nice.”

A representative from the school district tells Yahoo Lifestyle that they’re unable to comment on ongoing district investigations. According to WFTV, however, the teacher is still teaching during the investigation.

3 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Why do these people feel the need to read about the gay lifestyle to elementary school children? 

One simple word... Indoctrination

1 minute ago, CrimeaRiver said:

The same reason a mentally ill kid is allowed to dance at fagg/trans clubs.....

Image result for child transexual

Child and family services should put the kid in a decent household. That is just child abuse. The parents should be charged with a crime.

It's not really a "lifestyle" (anymore than being heterosexual is a lifestyle) but elementary school is too you, imo, to teach children about any form of sexuality.  There's a time and a place.  Let them be kids!

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Child and family services should put the kid in a decent household. That is just child abuse. The parents should be charged with a crime.

Agreed

Just now, RollingRock said:

It's not really a "lifestyle" (anymore than being heterosexual is a lifestyle) but elementary school is too you, imo, to teach children about any form of sexuality.  There's a time and a place.  Let them be kids!

Huh? Since when is that the purpose of elementary school?

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

FB-IMG-1548634192102.jpg

2 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Poor choice of words on my part. Agreed.

52 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Because only the agenda matters to them and they have no respect for other people's feelings or wishes.

b8e433e4-ba9b-405f-8f40-41345a4c4006_zps

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

a close up of a stuffed animal: Teacher under investigation after reading book about gay bunnies to students. (Photo: WFTV)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parents-outraged-at-first-grade-teachers-decision-to-read-book-about-gay-bunnies-to-students/ar-BBRkM3j?ocid=spartanntp

A Florida school district is conducting an internal investigation after an elementary school teacher read a book about gay bunnies to a class of first graders.

A Pinecrest Elementary School teacher, whose name has not been released, read a book titled A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo to his class several weeks ago, without previously informing the district or the students’ parents, according to Orlando news station WFTV. The illustrated book, presented by Last Week Tonight host John Oliver and written by Jill Twiss, is a parodied version of a book written by Vice President Mike Pence‘s family about his rabbit named Marlon Bundo.

In Oliver’s version, Bundo falls in love with another male rabbit whom he ends up marrying. It was created to mock the vice president’s stance on same-sex marriage — and parents told the local Florida outlet that that isn’t appropriate for the young students.

Parents’ complaints prompted the Seminole County School District to launch an investigation, as the book was not approved reading.

“It’s not something that should be in an elementary school,” Wendy Curry told WFTV. “That’s for me to decide at home — what I want to teach my child and what I feel they are able to handle.”

“I don’t think it’s fair they are not telling the other parents about what they read,” a student’s grandfather, Kraig Hudson, said. “Noah comes home one day and asks us if it’s OK for two male bunnies to get married. I said, ‘By our beliefs, no. But we do not judge nobody.'”

Another parent, Kellie Cowart, noted that she wouldn’t have minded the book choice, as long as it was run by parents first.

“I’m a very open person talking to my kids about that stuff,” Cowart said. “At the same time, a little heads-up would be nice.”

A representative from the school district tells Yahoo Lifestyle that they’re unable to comment on ongoing district investigations. According to WFTV, however, the teacher is still teaching during the investigation.

Show us in a teacher's sylibus where it's their job to teach about sexual orientation. 

That's CLEARLY within the scope of the parents you fascist pig. 

Fire that teacher muey pronto !!!  kick the teachers union out of that district.

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

this is why the faggots end up being killed en mass......every time a society normalizes faggotry they end up killing off the queers.....

BTW: Who the FK sits around and thinks about homosexual rabbits anyhow ???

hammer_zpsskwhmqx8.jpg 

50 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Show us in a teacher's sylibus where it's their job to teach about sexual orientation. 

That's CLEARLY within the scope of the parents you fascist pig. 

Not bothering to read the posts again, I see.

You're a partisan agenda monkey.

30 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Not bothering to read the posts again, I see.

You're a partisan agenda monkey. Answer the fucking question, ass fucker! 

1 hour ago, bigsky said:

this is why the faggots end up being killed en mass......every time a society normalizes faggotry they end up killing off the queers.....

This is not actually true.

4 hours ago, drvoke said:

You can't pick and choose to support what your party has supported for years.  Either take the red pill or GTFO.

2 hours ago, JTZilla said:

Fire that teacher muey pronto !!!  kick the teachers union out of that district.

Or just privatize schools completely and let the free market decide which schools are good and which aren't.

17 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

This is not actually true.

lofl....like hell it isn't.....every time...….

faggotism is only just again becoming legal.....it was illegal before....what do you think happened to the faggots right after it became illegal last time? hahahaha they were killed..they were burned alive and beheaded.....they were drawn and quartered and ran out of the country....of.....England...

In Florida? wow

I expected this in San Fransicko .

Why cant these SJW teachers allow kids to be kids FFS.