Sign in to follow this  
LoreD

Richard Wolff on the State of the Union

Good fact-checking commentary.  Too bad Wolff's video, and those like it, will never be seen by the vast majority of people who need to be informed the most.

7 hours ago, bludog said:

Good fact-checking commentary.  Too bad Wolff's video, and those like it, will never be seen by the vast majority of people who need to be informed the most.

True.  I've debated far right wing conservatives for  many years now, and their refusal to accept any credible source that disagrees with their beliefs, has always surprised me.

On another forum,  I was talking with a man about the founding father's religious beliefs.  I produced papers written by world class historians and professors at divinity schools.  The only source he could find was a college student's term paper.  He told me that the reason that he would only accept his source, and not my sources, was because it agreed with what he already believed.

1 hour ago, LoreD said:

True.  I've debated far right wing conservatives for  many years now, and their refusal to accept any credible source that disagrees with their beliefs, has always surprised me.

On another forum,  I was talking with a man about the founding father's religious beliefs.  I produced papers written by world class historians and professors at divinity schools.  The only source he could find was a college student's term paper.  He told me that the reason that he would only accept his source, and not my sources, was because it agreed with what he already believed.

Well at least he was honest, that's a hell of lot more than you can get from the kooks in NHB they feel as if they dont at least try and insult you there's no way to win.

Trump is now discussing ways to make trade more free, so that protection of intellectual properties are written into the trade deals. This is for all practical matters a US subsidy to rich corporations who care about this a great deal. The rich people call it Free Trade.

China holds a lot of US currency in reserve, they do this to keep the yuan low. 

The Chinese Yuan = 15 cents USD. Thus you have a trade deficit with China. Do Trumps tariffs hurt the Chinese economy? Not in the least. 

What Richard Wolff says is true, and he has been branded so far to the left only some folks heed his frank talk regarding a rigged system.

Peace!