Sign in to follow this  
personreal

"Ms. Ocasio-Cortez is a freight train gaining speed by the day—and helping Republicans with every passing minute."

2 hours ago, DemoMan said:

No, he isn't a member of the southern conservative party. He is a member of the northern liberal party - the party that fought the racist and traitorous southern conservatives to free the slaves.

democrats founded the KKK

4 hours ago, ConConfounder said:

Actually your response is hilarious, F*ckbreath, coming as it does from a rightwing retard who is utterly ignorant of history and too stupid to grasp the fact that the current Republican and Democratic Parties and their positions are just about opposite of what they were in the mid 1800s. While keeping the same names, the two parties essentially switched positions.

False
Bloggers
"The KKK was formed by the Democratic Party."

— Bloggers on Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 in None

No, the Democratic Party didn’t create the Ku Klux Klan

Politifact

By Ciara O'Rourke 

October 24th, 2018 

President Donald Trump has faced criticism for normalizing white nationalists but some conservative bloggers are trying to flip the script, shooing the Ku Klux Klan out of the "Big Tent" and into liberal territory.  

"I hate when people aren’t smart enough to realize that the KKK was formed by the Democratic Party," reads a Facebook post from Oct. 11, 2017. This post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.) Though the post is a year old, it continues to circulate online, generating nearly 27,000 shares and 840 comments, many as recently as a day ago.

"Just so you know," the post goes on, "the Ku Klux Klan’s original purpose was to oppose the Republican Party’s policies intended to establish economic and political equality for blacks (sic) folks after the Civil War."

Facebook isn’t the only place this idea has spread.

Back in 2013, Virginia State Sen. Stephen Martin also claimed that the KKK was created by Democrats. The Republican lawmaker soon retracted the statement after after PolitiFact Virginia started to investigate the origins of the KKK.

Reporter Sean Gorman discovered then that the group’s founding is murky but that "historians generally agree it was founded by a handful of Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn. as a social fraternity and it quickly changed into a violent group that terrorized newly empowered black and white Republicans in the South."

One historian confirmed there’s a historic link between the Democrats and the KKK: Many angry Southern whites during the 1860s and 1870s were Democrats, and some joined the KKK. But according to J. Michael Martinez, who wrote the 2007 book "Carpetbaggers, Cavalry and the KKK," it’s misleading to say the Democratic Party founded the Klan.

It was a more of a grassroots creation, Martinez said. Plus, the Democratic Party of the past is not the Democratic Party of today. From the 1930s onward, "you think of the Democratic Party being considered the party of the disenfranchised," he said.

Carole Emberton, an associated professor at the University of Buffalo, agreed.

"Although the names stayed the same, the platforms of the two parties reversed each other in the mid-20th century, due in large part to the white ‘Dixiecrats’ flight out of the Democratic Party and into the Republican Party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964," she said.

Back in the mid-19th century, various Klans in the South acted as a "strong arm" for many local Democratic politicians, Emberton said. The Confederate general believed to be the KKK’s first Grand Dragon even spoke at the 1868 Democratic National Convention. By the time the Civil Rights Act became law, the Democratic Party supported so-called liberal causes that "had been the banner of the Republican Party."

While some Democrats supported the KKK, there’s  no evidence the group was founded by their political party. And context matters—the anti-black Democratic Party of yore is not the party that Hillary Clinton belongs to today.

We rate this statement False.

THE DEMOCRAT FOUNDED THE KKK...

SAD LEFT LEANING ORGANIZATIONS CAN'T HANDLE THAT FACT SO THEY TRY AND REWRITE HISTORY!!!!

31 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

THE DEMOCRAT FOUNDED THE KKK...

SAD LEFT LEANING ORGANIZATIONS CAN'T HANDLE THAT FACT SO THEY TRY AND REWRITE HISTORY!!!!

Repeating your moronic lies won't make them in any way true, F*ckbreath. But you go ahead and 'believe' your rightwing retardo myths, and the sane people will look at the facts and laugh at you.

6 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

No, I've never admitted a lie.

Of course you did. You keep lying that I've called lots of other posters JamiePigShit, and every single time I tell you to prove it, you run away crying and clutching your bleeding ass.  That's why you refused the bet that if you couldn't prove your lie you would leave the board permanently.

YOU:   You've been calling people Jamie for 5 years now and you're still doing it. 🤣

Prove it.

OK - time for you to cry and run away. 

Go on, DeVry.

RUN.

4 hours ago, Duck615 said:

democrats founded the KKK

You're right - racist southern conservatives DID found the KKK.

Good point!

1 hour ago, DemoMan said:

Of course you did. You keep lying that I've called lots of other posters JamiePigShit, and every single time I tell you to prove it, you run away crying and clutching your bleeding ass.  That's why you refused the bet that if you couldn't prove your lie you would leave the board permanently.

YOU:   You've been calling people Jamie for 5 years now and you're still doing it. 🤣

Prove it.

OK - time for you to cry and run away. 

Go on, DeVry.

RUN.

You want me to start a thread asking for all the posters you’ve tried to accuse of being Jamie????🤣

6 hours ago, DemoMan said:

You're right - racist southern conservatives DID found the KKK.

Good point!

The fact remains and you can't change it... a democrat founded the KKK

10 hours ago, ConConfounder said:

Repeating your moronic lies won't make them in any way true, F*ckbreath. But you go ahead and 'believe' your rightwing retardo myths, and the sane people will look at the facts and laugh at you.

The fact remains and you can't change it... a democrats founded the KKK

7 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

You want me to start a thread asking for all the posters you’ve tried to accuse of being Jamie????🤣

That's pretty good running away, DeVry - but you can run faster than that.

.Keep going.

RUN.

1 hour ago, Duck615 said:

I don't want  to change the fact that racist southern conservatives founded the KKK.  You said it yourself.

Just now, DemoMan said:

I don't want  to change the fact that racist southern conservatives founded the KKK.  You said it yourself.

It was democrats that started the civil war... it was democrats that founded the KKK.

1 hour ago, Duck615 said:

Yep - racist southern conservatives founded the KKK.

Good for you for saying that.

Just now, DemoMan said:

Yep - racist southern conservatives founded the KKK.

Good for you for saying that.

Yep democrats started the civil war

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

It was democrats that started the civil war... it was democrats that founded the KKK.

That's right - racist southern conservatives started the civil war and founded the KKK.

Good for you for pointing out how racist southern conservatives have always been the ugly, traitorous racists of this country.

Just now, DemoMan said:

That's right - racist southern conservatives started the civil war and founded the KKK.

Good for you for pointing out how racists southern conservatives have always been the ugly, traitorous racists of this country.

SO SAD DEMOFAGBOY CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF RACISM... 

Just now, Duck615 said:

Yep democrats started the civil war

Glad you agree that racist southern conservatives started the civil war.

3 minutes ago, DemoMan said:

That's pretty good running away, DeVry - but you can run faster than that.

.Keep going.

RUN.

No, I’m serious. I’m actually somewhat interested to find out how many people you’ve thought was Jamie. 🤣

Just now, Duck615 said:

SO SAD DEMOFAGBOY CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF RACISM... 

No, they aren't. The party of racist southern conservatives is the party of racism. They always have been.

Just now, DemoMan said:

No, they aren't. The party of racist southern conservatives is the party of racism. They always have been.

YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE FACT THAT A DEMOCRAT FOUNDED THE KKK

Just now, DeepBreath said:

No, I’m serious. I’m actually somewhat interested to find out how many people you’ve thought was Jamie. 🤣

That's right - keep running from your lie, DeVry.  Don't make get out the cattle prod again.

Just now, DemoMan said:

That's right - keep running from your lie, DeVry.  Don't make get out the cattle prod again.

DEMOFAGBOY = A RUSSIAN TROLL

Just now, Duck615 said:

YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE FACT THAT A DEMOCRAT FOUNDED THE KKK

Why would I want to hide from the fact that racist southern conservatives founded the KKK?

Are you trying to hide from that fact?

Just now, DemoMan said:

ADRIAN COTEX IS A FOOL LIKE YOU, DEMOTARD.