drvoke

Can you be found guilty of killing someone with words?

1 minute ago, Skans said:

No.  Abortion is legal (whether you want it to be illegal, is another topic).  Suicide is not legal.  Murder is not legal.    Your example is not applicable.

freedom of speech is also legal....and incapable of being abridged....the constitution is the law of the land....not scotus….should I bring that up for you as well...here you go

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

the judges are outside the constitution

2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

this verdict is wrong......either you have the freedom of speech...let me dig it up for you

"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."

abridged

[abridged]

ADJECTIVE

(of a piece of writing) having been shortened.

You can get in trouble with the law for inciting a riot, or organizing and egging people on to go commit crimes.  How is this different?

Just now, splunch said:

You can get in trouble with the law for inciting a riot, or organizing and egging people on to go commit crimes.  How is this different?

+1

1 minute ago, splunch said:

This is a case where justice is served eventually one way or another.  If she walks, she walks off into a life haunted forever by what she did.  Regardless of her sentence, she'll be a train wreck in a matter of a few short years.  Only the crispest of psychotics could do that and emerge unscathed.  Maybe that's what she is, in which case it's good they found her guilty.  But most people aren't.  The fact that she told people she could have stopped it after it happened suggests she is wracked with guilt.  Odds of a suicide/accidental overdose in her near future are high.  A nasty, sordid horror show all around.

what this case has done is made accountable the reason someone committed suicide....if a girl breaks up with a boy...she compelled him to kill himself....potentially...

bullying....guilty of homicide....ya gotta be real careful fu cking around with the constitution like ya are...

2 minutes ago, splunch said:

"Let's go break the law," is already conspiracy.

this verdict is wrong......either you have the freedom of speech...let me dig it up for you

"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."

Ok, let's run with this:

If I am Nancy Pelosi, do I have the right to leak classified information to the New York Times?

If I am Bernie Sanders, do I have the right to tell Maduro of a secret US envoy to Venezuela which is planning to deliver Arms on Tuesday?

If my name is Chuck Robbins, can I tell someone to short CISCO on Wednesday, just before it releases last quarter's earnings numbers?

it is equally unconstitutional...….the constitution is the law of the land....and the first amendment is clear.....the freedom of speech shall not be abridged....your freedom of speech shall not be shortened...….that is the meaning...a judges opinion to the contrary is unconstitutional....do you believe me? the constitution or some judge that could give a rats ass about the constitution?

I have no dog in the fight...as a matter of fact I have more male children than female.....but the constitution is clear.

Just now, Skans said:

Ok, let's run with this:

If I am Nancy Pelosi, do I have the right to leak classified information to the New York Times?

If I am Bernie Sanders, do I have the right to tell Maduro of a secret US envoy to Venezuela which is planning to deliver Arms on Tuesday?

If my name is Chuck Robbins, can I tell someone to short CISCO on Wednesday, just before it releases last quarter's earnings numbers?

good points...however...she is government......she isn't protected by free speech in her capacity as government.....

5 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

"Let's go break the law," is already conspiracy.

unconstitutionally.....

freedom of speech is also legal....and incapable of being abridged....the constitution is the law of the land....not scotus….should I bring that up for you as well...here you go

Nothing prohibits lower courts from interpreting the Constitution, even as it applies to freedom of speech.  If such interpretation is not prohibited, it is permitted. 

I am going to the movies. Midway through I am going to yell "Fire!" and run out.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.

good points...however...she is government......she isn't protected by free speech in her capacity as government.....

No.  Pelosi is a person.  Elected and employed as a government official. Speech is speech, right?  What difference does her job make?

Chuck Robbins is not a government official.  Does he have he right to blab to his friends to make they rich at your expense?

18 minutes ago, bigsky said:

what this case has done is made accountable the reason someone committed suicide....if a girl breaks up with a boy...she compelled him to kill himself....potentially...

bullying....guilty of homicide....ya gotta be real careful fu cking around with the constitution like ya are...

That's true.  But this isn't really that murky.  She actively, very directly, egged him on through the course of the whole thing.

Bullies, I believe, have probably been convicted in the past for tormenting people into suicide.  Sounds vaguely familiar, actually.

That's true.  But this isn't really that murky.  She actively, very directly, egged him on through the course of the whole thing.

Bullies, I believe, have probably been convicted in the past for tormenting people into suicide.  Sounds vaguely familiar, actually.

look....stop signs are clear right? they mean stop.....if you slow down and continue on you will get a ticket....am I correct? the bill of rights are a stop sign on the government...if you agree that YOU must stop at a stop sign..why would you grant the government to just blow through theirs?

15 minutes ago, Skans said:

No.  Pelosi is a person.  Elected and employed as a government official. Speech is speech, right?  What difference does her job make?

Chuck Robbins is not a government official.  Does he have he right to blab to his friends to make they rich at your expense?

she is a person...however she assumes dual roles as an agent of the government....in her private capacity she is afforded freedom of speech...as a government agent she is not....her signing of paperwork declining her constitutional rights are part of the due process she went through to attain her position.

it is the fifth amendment....ill bring it up for you

No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law .

you waive those rights to liberty when you become government....dont believe me? read their contracts....

this young lady never signed any contract waiving her due process.....

5 minutes ago, bigsky said:

look....stop signs are clear right? they mean stop.....if you slow down and continue on you will get a ticket....am I correct? the bill of rights are a stop sign on the government...if you agree that YOU must stop at a stop sign..why would you grant the government to just blow through theirs?

Well, *I* didn't grant anyone anything.  Our courts over the centuries have ruled that your right to free speech stops at hurting other people, in a nutshell.  I believe philosophically, the idea is that your freedom should not abridge my freedom, or in this case, kill me.  I don't know, dude.  I'm generally hardcore free speech advocate.  But I think we would have some serious problems if it were okay for Trump to openly advocate for violence against certain groups, for example.  Start tweeting that "If you want anything done, do it yourself.  Go out and kill a beaner or two and they'll stop coming here!  I can't make it any easier for you to get guns!  GET IT DONE!"

I dunno, man.  I'm going to go with no on that one.  As long as it requires multiple layers of the courts to finally rule on matters of free speech like this, that's a sign it isn't taken lightly.  I mean, I'm rolling with the court on this one, just for one example, but it's not a slam dunk in my mind, by any means.  

you waive those rights to liberty when you become government....dont believe me? read their contracts....

I don't need to read their contracts.  I can simply read what you wrote "either you have the freedom of speech...let me dig it up for you

Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."  To which, I pointed out a few exceptions.  Freedom of speech is not absolute.  You can't call someone on a phone and tell him to kill someone in exchange for crypto currency.  Certain people cannot discuss a company's financial information before it is officially disclosed.   A government official, or worker, can't talk to enemies of the US and tell them confidential information. 

And, there is good reason to say someone cannot verbally push another person over the edge to commit murder or suicide.  That is inciting action, and it goes beyond mere speaking and voicing an opinion.

1 minute ago, splunch said:

Well, *I* didn't grant anyone anything.  Our courts over the centuries have ruled that your right to free speech stops at hurting other people, in a nutshell.  I believe philosophically, the idea is that your freedom should not abridge my freedom, or in this case, kill me.  I don't know, dude.  I'm generally hardcore free speech advocate.  But I think we would have some serious problems if it were okay for Trump to openly advocate for violence against certain groups, for example.  Start tweeting that "If you want anything done, do it yourself.  Go out and kill a beaner or two and they'll stop coming here!  I can't make it any easier for you to get guns!  GET IT DONE!"

I dunno, man.  I'm going to go with no on that one.  As long as it requires multiple layers of the courts to finally rule on matters of free speech like this, that's a sign it isn't taken lightly.  I mean, I'm rolling with the court on this one, just for one example, but it's not a slam dunk in my mind, by any means.  

that is why you are a progressive anti constitutional individual and I am not....I assure you that suicide from bullying has touched my life....I live in montana...suicide is the highest here per capita.....however......I will not sacrifice the freedom of speech because my best friends kid couldn't cope with the struggles that come with growing up.....it is too important an item...you can take it for granted...however, your speech to condemn the president may well be the next speech on the chopping block...camels nose under the tent and all....which is why the constitution says...shall not be abridged...….IN ANY FASHION...perhaps you should move to turkey....they dont let you say anything they dont like.

1 minute ago, Skans said:

I don't need to read their contracts.  I can simply read what you wrote "either you have the freedom of speech...let me dig it up for you

Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."  To which, I pointed out a few exceptions.  Freedom of speech is not absolute.  You can't call someone on a phone and tell him to kill someone in exchange for crypto currency.  Certain people cannot discuss a company's financial information before it is officially disclosed.   A government official, or worker, can't talk to enemies of the US and tell them confidential information. 

And, there is good reason to say someone cannot verbally push another person over the edge to commit murder or suicide.  That is inciting action, and it goes beyond mere speaking and voicing an opinion.

actually it is.....I also directed you to the fifth amendment...in which government officials...THROUGH DUE PROCESS......waive their rights.....if you cant grasp that...well im sorry your parents are brother and sister.....and you are a retarded fu ck of inbred lineage......

4 minutes ago, Skans said:

yer a progressive douchebag....go.....well I cant say...you might do it...and then I might go to jail.....

2 minutes ago, bigsky said:

actually it is.....I also directed you to the fifth amendment...in which government officials...THROUGH DUE PROCESS......waive their rights.....if you cant grasp that...well im sorry your parents are brother and sister.....and you are a retarded fu ck of inbred lineage......

I guess we've said all there is to say on that subject then...

8 minutes ago, Skans said:

well said. 

I guess we've said all there is to say on that subject then...

we have.….progressives and conservatives have not one damn thing in common....there really is no reason discussing sh it with progressives

4 minutes ago, bigsky said:

that is why you are a progressive anti constitutional individual and I am not....I assure you that suicide from bullying has touched my life....I live in montana...suicide is the highest here per capita.....however......I will not sacrifice the freedom of speech because my best friends kid couldn't cope with the struggles that come with growing up.....it is too important an item...you can take it for granted...however, your speech to condemn the president may well be the next speech on the chopping block...camels nose under the tent and all....which is why the constitution says...shall not be abridged...….IN ANY FASHION...perhaps you should move to turkey....they dont let you say anything they dont like.

Meh.  Not seeing it.  My freedom of speech is my freedom to express my opinions and be myself.  I don't feel that threatened in the slightest by not being able to conspire to have somebody murdered, or inciting a riot, or actively talking a depressed kid through the process of killing himself.

I hear what you're saying, you understand.  I just don't agree.