Jump to content
drvoke

Can you be found guilty of killing someone with words?

Recommended Posts

 

Image result for " Michelle Carter"

 

 

 

 

A Massachusetts court says: 'Yes'.

Good.

Her lawyer can quote the First Amendment, can parse it with hifalutin legalese until his Jew hook nose falls off.

The only thing that matters to me is: Was justice served? The answer is yes.

She is an evil bitch and should pay for it.

 

 

 

Mass. Woman Will Go to Prison for Urging Boyfriend in Texts to Kill Himself, Court Rules

The Massachusetts high court rejected Michelle Carter's appeal of her manslaughter conviction in the 2014 death by suicide of Conrad Roy II

https://people.com/crime/michelle-carter-suicide-text-case-urging-boyfriend-suicide-texts/

(Full article at above link)

 

 

A Massachusetts woman must serve prison time after she urged her boyfriend to kill himself in a series of text and phone conversations, a Massachusetts court ruled Monday.

The court’s ruling rejected an appeal by Michelle Carter, who was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for the 2014 suicide of 18-year-old Conrad Roy II, when she was 17.

Carter had been sentenced to 15 months in jail after her conviction but remained free during her appeal. Her defense argued that her statements and texts urging Roy forward as he contemplated suicide were covered by First Amendment free-speech protections.

The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court disagreed, concluding in its ruling that “the evidence was sufficient to support the judge’s finding of proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed involuntary manslaughter as a youthful offender, and that the other legal issues presented by the defendant, including her First Amendment claim, lack merit,” in the opinion written by Justice Scott L. Kafker.

Roy died in his pickup truck from carbon monoxide poisoning — an act Carter had supported and encouraged in exchanges that came to light after Roy’s death on July 13, 2014.

Testimony at Carter’s 2017 trial revealed that Carter, who was not present with Roy at the time he died, was on the phone with him as he expressed doubts about his actions.

In finding Carter guilty, Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz highlighted two revelations from Carter’s trial. As Roy expressed his desire to abort his fatal plan by getting out of the truck, Carter told him to get back in.  

 

Roy was a “vulnerable, confused, mentally ill, 18-year-old” who had stepped out of his truck as it filled with carbon monoxide,” Kafker wrote. “But then in this weakened state he was badgered back into the gas-infused truck by the defendant, his girlfriend.”

“After she convinced him to get back into the carbon monoxide filled truck,” he wrote, “she did absolutely nothing to help him: she did not call for help or tell him to get out of the truck as she listened to him choke and die.”

An attorney for Carter, Daniel N. Marx, said in a statement that her defense team was “disappointed” by Monday’s high court ruling, reports the Boston Globe.

“We continue to believe that Michelle Carter did not cause Conrad Roy’s tragic death, and she should not be held criminally responsible for his choice to end his own life,” said Marx. “Today’s decision stretches the law to assign blame for a tragedy that was not a crime.”

But he did not concede defeat, vowing to “evaluate all legal options for Michelle including a possible appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court,” according to his statement.

The high court’s ruling “has very troubling implications, for free speech, due process, and the exercise of prosecutorial discretion, that should concern us all,” he said. “There are good reasons why nearly every other state has passed a law to address ‘assisted suicide,’ which inevitably involves complicated circumstances better addressed as a matter of policy by the legislature than in any particular case by the court.”

 

 

Related image

 

 

Boo hoo, bitch. Rot.

And this stint in prison will be nothing compared to how her actions will effect her entire life.

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you tell a hitman, "I will pay you $X dollars to kill this guy", of course you can be found guilty of murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Boo hoo, bitch. Rot.

And this stint in prison will be nothing compared to how her actions will effect her entire life.

I believe Charles Manson was convicted of seven counts of first-degree murder, most or all of which he was not physically involved in the actual murder.  I believe that his words convinced others to go out and commit murder.  So, while I am a fervent champion of broad 1st Amendment rights, I'm leaning in the direction that she possibly can be convicted for what she did.  This is actually a tough call for me.

 

Quote

If you tell a hitman, "I will pay you $X dollars to kill this guy", of course you can be found guilty of murder.

That is more than just words.  That is a contract, and I believe very different than what the girlfriend did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long has it been where one can be sued for defamation of character performance of a lifetime? This is intellectual evolution of that educated stupidity to silence honesty forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Skans said:

I believe Charles Manson was convicted of seven counts of first-degree murder, most or all of which he was not physically involved in the actual murder.

 

None. Not even accused of physically being on the scene of the murders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

None. Not even accused of physically being on the scene of the murders.

when was this going through the court system?  legal precedence since changed what ruling took place then. America is at the point when social justification says the charged accusation is so serious, the person is guilty until proven innocent of doing anything wrong cradle to current status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drvoke said:

 

Image result for " Michelle Carter"

 

 

 

 

A Massachusetts court says: 'Yes'.

Good.

Her lawyer can quote the First Amendment, can parse it with hifalutin legalese until his Jew hook nose falls off.

The only thing that matters to me is: Was justice served? The answer is yes.

She is an evil bitch and should pay for it.

 

 

 

Mass. Woman Will Go to Prison for Urging Boyfriend in Texts to Kill Himself, Court Rules

The Massachusetts high court rejected Michelle Carter's appeal of her manslaughter conviction in the 2014 death by suicide of Conrad Roy II

https://people.com/crime/michelle-carter-suicide-text-case-urging-boyfriend-suicide-texts/

(Full article at above link)

 

 

A Massachusetts woman must serve prison time after she urged her boyfriend to kill himself in a series of text and phone conversations, a Massachusetts court ruled Monday.

The court’s ruling rejected an appeal by Michelle Carter, who was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for the 2014 suicide of 18-year-old Conrad Roy II, when she was 17.

Carter had been sentenced to 15 months in jail after her conviction but remained free during her appeal. Her defense argued that her statements and texts urging Roy forward as he contemplated suicide were covered by First Amendment free-speech protections.

The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court disagreed, concluding in its ruling that “the evidence was sufficient to support the judge’s finding of proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed involuntary manslaughter as a youthful offender, and that the other legal issues presented by the defendant, including her First Amendment claim, lack merit,” in the opinion written by Justice Scott L. Kafker.

Roy died in his pickup truck from carbon monoxide poisoning — an act Carter had supported and encouraged in exchanges that came to light after Roy’s death on July 13, 2014.

Testimony at Carter’s 2017 trial revealed that Carter, who was not present with Roy at the time he died, was on the phone with him as he expressed doubts about his actions.

In finding Carter guilty, Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz highlighted two revelations from Carter’s trial. As Roy expressed his desire to abort his fatal plan by getting out of the truck, Carter told him to get back in.  

 

Roy was a “vulnerable, confused, mentally ill, 18-year-old” who had stepped out of his truck as it filled with carbon monoxide,” Kafker wrote. “But then in this weakened state he was badgered back into the gas-infused truck by the defendant, his girlfriend.”

“After she convinced him to get back into the carbon monoxide filled truck,” he wrote, “she did absolutely nothing to help him: she did not call for help or tell him to get out of the truck as she listened to him choke and die.”

An attorney for Carter, Daniel N. Marx, said in a statement that her defense team was “disappointed” by Monday’s high court ruling, reports the Boston Globe.

“We continue to believe that Michelle Carter did not cause Conrad Roy’s tragic death, and she should not be held criminally responsible for his choice to end his own life,” said Marx. “Today’s decision stretches the law to assign blame for a tragedy that was not a crime.”

But he did not concede defeat, vowing to “evaluate all legal options for Michelle including a possible appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court,” according to his statement.

The high court’s ruling “has very troubling implications, for free speech, due process, and the exercise of prosecutorial discretion, that should concern us all,” he said. “There are good reasons why nearly every other state has passed a law to address ‘assisted suicide,’ which inevitably involves complicated circumstances better addressed as a matter of policy by the legislature than in any particular case by the court.”

 

 

Related image

 

 

Boo hoo, bitch. Rot.

And this stint in prison will be nothing compared to how her actions will effect her entire life.

 


 

 

 

I read the text messages that available for the public to see and woman is a sick b!tch, he was weak and pathetic

She kept encouraging  him to commit suicide.

 

I think the law blew it on this one, they should have sentenced her longer, lord know if it was a man who encourage a woman do commit suicide he would have done at least life.

look at Charlie Manson what he go for ordering murders.

 

Look at the la cosa nostra bosses who have been convicted for ordering murders, whether you order a murder or convince some one to take their life , you are still responsible.

 

The little wench should be thanking her lawyers and feminism for the light sentence.

 

Hopefully when she gets to prison someone one will make her their bitch and forces her to commit suicide.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"whaaaa Im so sad, so depressed......whaaaaa whaaaa....me..me....me....me...sad....me...me...depressed..."

 

Ok fugger, shut up and kill yourself

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a tough call. While I am a firm supporter of first amendment rights, this blurs the line a bit. The emotional maturity/fortitude of the victim is irrelevant. If it was then there is no such thing as sexually abuse of a child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

None. Not even accused of physically being on the scene of the murders.

Manson was actually at the Labianca home, but supposedly never got out of the car or entered the home during the murders.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

This is a tough call. While I am a firm supporter of first amendment rights, this blurs the line a bit. The emotional maturity/fortitude of the victim is irrelevant. If it was then there is no such thing as sexually abuse of a child. 

I originally thought that too, but after reading the text conversation between Carter and Roy ,you can see she was egging him on and the part that did for me was when she text, if you cant do it , I will get you help, which means she knew the difference and when she said she would be there for his family after he committed suicide.

 

That proves how devious this little witch is, her lawyer should get "lawyer of the year" as he did a fantastic job getting her the sentence she got, lord knows if the roles were reversed and Roy was the aggressor, he would be doing life without parole

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chairmanOFTB said:

I originally thought that too, but after reading the text conversation between Carter and Roy ,you can see she was egging him on and the part that did for me was when she text, if you cant do it , I will get you help, which means she knew the difference and when she said she would be there for his family after he committed suicide.

 

That proves how devious this little witch is, her lawyer should get "lawyer of the year" as he did a fantastic job getting her the sentence she got, lord knows if the roles were reversed and Roy was the aggressor, he would be doing life without parole

 

 

I will agree with your second paragraph. If it was a man egging her on to kill herself, this story is much bigger and the sentence quite a bit lengthier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I will agree with your second paragraph. If it was a man egging her on to kill herself, this story is much bigger and the sentence quite a bit lengthier. 

we live in a world of double standards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sole result said:

How long has it been where one can be sued for defamation of character performance of a lifetime? This is intellectual evolution of that educated stupidity to silence honesty forever.

So are you saying nick sandman’s shakedown lawsuit is stupidity😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sticks and stones may break my bones,

But they will break yours just as easily."

 

Manson did not get the death penalty because he did not physically kill anyone. But he was a major accessory to the crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skans said:

I believe Charles Manson was convicted of seven counts of first-degree murder, most or all of which he was not physically involved in the actual murder.  I believe that his words convinced others to go out and commit murder.  So, while I am a fervent champion of broad 1st Amendment rights, I'm leaning in the direction that she possibly can be convicted for what she did.  This is actually a tough call for me.

 

That is more than just words.  That is a contract, and I believe very different than what the girlfriend did.

this was suicide.....a totally different situation....

can planned parenthood be convicted of murder for talking young women into killing their babies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

can planned parenthood be convicted of murder for talking young women into killing their babies? 

No.  Abortion is legal (whether you want it to be illegal, is another topic).  Suicide is not legal.  Murder is not legal.    Your example is not applicable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

This is a tough call. While I am a firm supporter of first amendment rights, this blurs the line a bit. The emotional maturity/fortitude of the victim is irrelevant. If it was then there is no such thing as sexually abuse of a child. 

this verdict is wrong......either you have the freedom of speech...let me dig it up for you

"Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech."

 

abridged

[abridged]

ADJECTIVE

(of a piece of writing) having been shortened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a case where justice is served eventually one way or another.  If she walks, she walks off into a life haunted forever by what she did.  Regardless of her sentence, she'll be a train wreck in a matter of a few short years.  Only the crispest of psychotics could do that and emerge unscathed.  Maybe that's what she is, in which case it's good they found her guilty.  But most people aren't.  The fact that she told people she could have stopped it after it happened suggests she is wracked with guilt.  Odds of a suicide/accidental overdose in her near future are high.  A nasty, sordid horror show all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×