guilluamezenz

These four countries have nearly eliminated gun deaths - here's what the US can learn

All of the gun-nuts idiotic blather and their baseless fear-mongering and lies about supposed and very inflated DGU numbers doesn't amount to a hill of beans compared to the real world facts.

As I said earlier....

....As studies of the comparative gun violence rates and crime rates in the other advanced, civilized countries with functioning law enforcement clearly show, we Americans don't need an unlimited "right" to own any kind of gun. Other nations do just fine without this silly anachronism that results in more firearm murders, more mass shootings and more school shootings than all of the other modern nations combined. 

The United States, with less than 5 percent of the world’s population, has about 35–50 percent of the world’s civilian-owned guns, according to a report by the Switzerland-based Small Arms Survey. It ranks number one in firearms per capita. The United States also has the highest homicide-by-firearm rate among the world’s most developed nations.
source   

The US has had 57 times as many school shootings as the other major industrialized nations combined

CNN

By Chip Grabow and Lisa Rose

May 21, 2018

There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009. 

That's 57 times as many shootings as the other six G7 countries combined.

The 2nd Amendment should be, and probably will be, repealed or rewritten.

1 minute ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I'm sick of kids getting gunned down and not getting real solutions in place.

Many on the right are sick of it too, but what to do about it creates the division

The truth be told there is no simple solution, there is no one solution fix all.

Many gun owners (myself included) believes in arming ourselves

Many anti gun owners want either certain weapons taken off the street or all guns taken off the street.

The problem is the mentally unbalanced, the criminals and the ones who are negligent, that is what we hear a lot from

The truth is most every day average person who owns guns has never had the opportunity to use them, and those that have used their guns in self defense only gets reported in local papers, it's not a national story about lives, loved one or property being saved.

But we always hear of the negative stories about gun ownership but never the entire truth.

1 minute ago, ConConfounder said:

... snip ...

So Pogorocks, where were you between November 2016 and now?   We'd really like to know all the good you did in that interval.    Really ...

12 minutes ago, ConConfounder said:

All of the gun-nuts idiotic blather and their baseless fear-mongering and lies about supposed and very inflated DGU numbers doesn't amount to a hill of beans compared to the real world facts.

As I said earlier....

....As studies of the comparative gun violence rates and crime rates in the other advanced, civilized countries with functioning law enforcement clearly show, we Americans don't need an unlimited "right" to own any kind of gun. Other nations do just fine without this silly anachronism that results in more firearm murders, more mass shootings and more school shootings than all of the other modern nations combined. 

blah blah blah blah blah blah

your credibility on the matter is nonexistent jagoff 

Your bloviated and nugatory posts falls on deaf ears to most who are intelligent enough to engage in discourse 

You jagoff with your infinitesimal arrow mind thinking is why people dismiss you as the dyspeptic phucker you appear to be pogorocks 

18 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

blah blah blah blah blah blah is all I ever say.

My credibility is nonexistent.

My bloviated and moronic posts are not intelligent enough for anyone sensible to bother engaging me in discourse.

Dismiss me as the dyspeptic phucker I always appear to be.

VERY TRUE, SO, OK, ChairManOfTheBraindead, WILL DO!!!

13 minutes ago, ConConfounder said:

VERY TRUE, SO, OK, ChairManOfTheBraindead, WILL DO!!!

You look like the punk piece of sh1t you are , changing what I posted

Bye bye Troll.

2 hours ago, chairmanOFTB said:

Many on the right are sick of it too, but what to do about it creates the division

The truth be told there is no simple solution, there is no one solution fix all.

Many gun owners (myself included) believes in arming ourselves

Many anti gun owners want either certain weapons taken off the street or all guns taken off the street.

The problem is the mentally unbalanced, the criminals and the ones who are negligent, that is what we hear a lot from

The truth is most every day average person who owns guns has never had the opportunity to use them, and those that have used their guns in self defense only gets reported in local papers, it's not a national story about lives, loved one or property being saved.

But we always hear of the negative stories about gun ownership but never the entire truth.

I can agree to most of that.  

1 hour ago, chairmanOFTB said:

You look like the punk piece of sh1t you are , changing what I posted

Bye bye Troll.

Actually just fact checking and error correcting your puerile collection of insults and twaddle, chairmanOfTheBraindead. 

Most of which amounts to just plain 'projection' on your part, you poor spluttering imbecile.

You're dismissed!

56 minutes ago, TrumpBGoneSoon said:

I can agree to most of that.  

TrumpBGoneSoon, 

Thanks for the civil discourse I wish leftists and right wingers can engage in conversations like what we had going

Mind you I have pretty decent conversations with Rolling Rock and Harry Ramar and couple of others, it makes being on here worth at times 

unlike the other trolls you see on here.

We may not agree on a lot but its nice to be engaged in civil discourse.

Be well.

36 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

TrumpBGoneSoon, 

Thanks for the civil discourse I wish leftists and right wingers can engage in conversations like what we had going

Mind you I have pretty decent conversations with Rolling Rock and Harry Ramar and couple of others, it makes being on here worth at times unlike the other trolls you see on here.

ChairmanOfTheBraindead's idea of "civil discourse"  =

"Your bloviated and nugatory posts falls on deaf ears to most who are intelligent enough to engage in discourse 

You jagoff with your infinitesimal arrow mind thinking is why people dismiss you as the dyspeptic phucker you appear to be

You look like the punk piece of sh1t you are"

LOLOLOLOLOL

1 minute ago, ConConfounder said:

ChairmanOfTheBraindead's idea of "civil discourse"  =

"Your bloviated and nugatory posts falls on deaf ears to most who are intelligent enough to engage in discourse 

You jagoff with your infinitesimal arrow mind thinking is why people dismiss you as the dyspeptic phucker you appear to be

You look like the punk piece of sh1t you are"

LOLOLOLOLOL

Do you think Im going to be civil to you when your very first post to me was attacking me vs attacking my post.

If you attacked my post I wouldn't have cared when you attacked me for no reason well that a big Phuck you too jagoff.

I will choose to ignore you but not put you on a ignore list as I dont do that. unless you post something worth debating, I will ignore you as I dont want to waste the person thread

9 hours ago, chairmanOFTB said:

TrumpBGoneSoon, 

Mind you I have pretty decent conversations with Rolling Rock and Harry Ramar and couple of others, it makes being on here worth at times 

unlike the other trolls you see on here.

Be well.

It is nice to discuss things without the inflammatory language.