guilluamezenz

These four countries have nearly eliminated gun deaths - here's what the US can learn

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

Others?

You're spending too much time in the woods, Gomer. You don't even know what's coming.

I am not worried in the least... you have no clue what it takes to abolish an amendment... 

It will never happen, so stay in your concrete jungle and enjoy

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Let's see some actual statistics on this.

I heard it in a documentary on a Russian Super Max the other day on the National Geographic Channel.

Can't find a good link but you can listen to show thru the links below and hear it there:

Look inside Russia's most fearsome 'Black Dolphin' prison

http://natgeotv.com/asia/inside-russias-toughest-prisons/videos/black-dolphin-prison

http://media.natgeotv.com/mpx/FIC_NGC_UK/225/106/RussiasToughestPrison_10532_black-dolphin-prison_.mp4

1 hour ago, ConConfounder said:

Sorry you're so confused and so fearfully insane. 

The 2nd Amendment is not "sacred", and only gun-nuts imagine that it is something to "believe in". Nothing else in America's Constitution depends on the existence of the 2nd Amendment, no matter what retarded crackpot myths you gun fanatics are stupid enough to swallow. The "sacred 2nd" is an just an archaic bit of outdated, dysfunctional nonsense from the 1700s, when the world was a very different place, and it has no reasonable or functional place in our modern world. As studies of the comparative gun violence rates and crime rates in the other advanced, civilized countries with functioning law enforcement clearly show. We don't need an unlimited "right" to own any kind of gun. Other nations do just fine without this silly anachronism that results in more firearm murders, more mass shootings and more school shootings than all of the other modern nations combined. 

The United States, with less than 5 percent of the world’s population, has about 35–50 percent of the world’s civilian-owned guns, according to a report by the Switzerland-based Small Arms Survey. It ranks number one in firearms per capita. The United States also has the highest homicide-by-firearm rate among the world’s most developed nations.
source   

The US has had 57 times as many school shootings as the other major industrialized nations combined

CNN

By Chip Grabow and Lisa Rose

May 21, 2018

There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009. 
That's 57 times as many shootings as the other six G7 countries combined.

The 2nd Amendment should be, and probably will be, repealed.

Not reasonable or functional? The 2nd amendment still serves the same purpose it was intended for. Your delusions dont change that.

Just now, drvoke said:

Prison is a courtesy that need not be extended. Keep that in mind.

Ya do away with prisons... just execute criminals...

42 minutes ago, duck33 said:

Not reasonable or functional? The 2nd amendment still serves the same purpose it was intended for. Your delusions dont change that.

....."the same purpose it was intended for"....

You mean shooting Redskins and defending the Colonies against the British? Riiiiight. You poor, foolish gun-nut moron.

Your idiotic paranoid fantasies are not worth a fart in hell, let alone the life of even ONE of the children killed in the hundreds of mass shootings in America's schools, or the lives of the thousands of innocent people killed in all the other mass shootings in America, that now occur at a rate of almost one per day. 

There have been 307 mass shootings in the US so far in 2018 — here's the full list

Business Insider

Nov. 8, 2018
(excerpts)
  • There have been nearly as many US mass shootings as days in 2018.

At least 13 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California, a Los Angeles suburb. 

The bar, about 45 miles northwest of Los Angeles, was hosting a college night, attracting a young crowd. 

It is the 307th mass shooting in 2018, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tracks shootings in the US. 

To put this into perspective, we are 312 days into the year, meaning the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2018. 

Americans are more likely to die from gun violence than many leading causes of death combined, with some 11,000 people in the US killed in firearm assaults each year. 

According to data from the Gun Violence Archive, more than 12,000 people have died from gun-related violence in the US so far this year, and more than 24,000 others have been injured. 

Here's a complete list of the mass shootings, as defined by the Gun Violence Archive, that have occurred in the US so far in 2018 (you can scroll down the list).

The wording of the amendment is clear. There is the right to maintain a well regulated militia. There is no individual right.

20 minutes ago, ConConfounder said:

....."the same purpose it was intended for"....

You mean shooting Redskins and defending the Colonies against the British? Riiiiight. You poor, foolish gun-nut moron.

Your idiotic paranoid fantasies are not worth a fart in hell, let alone the life of even ONE of the children killed in the hundreds of mass shootings in America's schools, or the lives of the thousands of innocent people killed in all the other mass shootings in America, that now occur at a rate of almost one per day. 

There have been 307 mass shootings in the US so far in 2018 — here's the full list

Business Insider

Nov. 8, 2018
(excerpts)
  • There have been nearly as many US mass shootings as days in 2018.

At least 13 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California, a Los Angeles suburb. 

The bar, about 45 miles northwest of Los Angeles, was hosting a college night, attracting a young crowd. 

It is the 307th mass shooting in 2018, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that tracks shootings in the US. 

To put this into perspective, we are 312 days into the year, meaning the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2018. 

Americans are more likely to die from gun violence than many leading causes of death combined, with some 11,000 people in the US killed in firearm assaults each year. 

According to data from the Gun Violence Archive, more than 12,000 people have died from gun-related violence in the US so far this year, and more than 24,000 others have been injured. 

Here's a complete list of the mass shootings, as defined by the Gun Violence Archive, that have occurred in the US so far in 2018 (you can scroll down the list).

No, I mean for defense. It's that simple. Deal with it. 

And yes, keeping the right to bear arms for hundreds of millions is more important than one life. Would you say the same for any other fundamental individual rights stated in our nation's founding documents?

14 minutes ago, slideman said:

The wording of the amendment is clear. There is the right to maintain a well regulated militia. There is no individual right.

It is clear. And you're wrong. Clearly.

11 hours ago, guilluamezenz said:

A spate of violence in the 1980s and '90s that culminated in a 1996 shooting that left 35 dead led Australian Prime Minister John Howard to convene an assembly to devise gun-control strategies.

The group landed on a massive buyback program, costing hundreds of millions of dollars offset by a one-time tax increase, that bought and destroyed more than 600,000 automatic and semiautomatic weapons and pump-action shotguns.

Over the next few years, gun-death totals were cut nearly in half. Firearm suicides dropped to 0.8 per 100,000 people in 2006 from 2.2 in 1995, while firearm homicides dropped to 0.15 per 100,000 people in 2006 from 0.37 in 1995  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gun-deaths-eliminated-america-learn-japan-australia-uk-norway-florida-shooting-latest-news-a8216301.html

Lets send our Chicago negroids there.....see what happens to the #s

lol

9 hours ago, kfools said:

What's the minority population of those countries? Like Japan?

You'd do better to worry what the percentage of people living in poverty is.  It's a far better indicator of antisocial and violent behavior than membership in a minority of some kind.

36 minutes ago, slideman said:

SCOTUS, lol

1 hour ago, duck33 said:

More folks in the US need to own guns.

Heavy guns ... and AR15 too.

To put criminals where they belong ... 6ft under ... and to prevent deep govvie from poking its noses in honest taxpayers'  but tholes.

11 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

I admitted I have the constitutional right to bear arms, bitch. I also drive through the most dangerous city in the country, bitch. You’d piss your pants on my commute, boy. 🤣

yes sadly the public toilet shortage in the U.k is the same.. damn capitalists..my sympathies you old cooter...at least in this country we don't have to sing " O SAY CAN YOU SEE Ive just had to wee"" the trickle down effect is not working..

11 hours ago, harryramar said:

me, I have what we call balls.

ROFLMAO!!!

8_jpeg8abe3f815e953129850c1723bc6482e6.j

We know, hairy, we know.

EXCEPT YOU RAN when I told you where you could meet me!!!

GOAT BALLS is all you have. GOAT BALLS!!!

1 minute ago, MidnightMax said:

ROFLMAO!!!

8_jpeg8abe3f815e953129850c1723bc6482e6.j

We know, hairy, we know.

EXCEPT YOU RAN when I told you where you could meet me!!!

GOAT BALLS is all you have. GOAT BALLS!!!

You gave me a fake address and the lied about it when confronted ,but the thing that makes you such a moral coward is that you tattled on me for posting that fake address.

that takes kunt 3 votes😁

17 minutes ago, IvanSirko said:

yes sadly the public toilet shortage in the U.k is the same.. damn capitalists..my sympathies you old cooter...at least in this country we don't have to sing " O SAY CAN YOU SEE Ive just had to wee"" the trickle down effect is not working..

Is that due to transgenders getting thier own bathroom? 

3 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Is that due to transgenders getting thier own bathroom? 

yes the damn capitalist honkers are polluting our water and food with oestrogen causing all sorts of animal mutations , sex changes etc..BTW i have noticed your writing has got feminised lately, either your turning French or you need to lay off battery farm eggs

1 hour ago, splunch said:

You'd do better to worry what the percentage of people living in poverty is.  It's a far better indicator of antisocial and violent behavior than membership in a minority of some kind.

They are intertwined. Let's not pretend otherwise. You aren't stupid.

1 hour ago, slideman said:

Let us see if you are as dishonest as all the other Libs on this site.
You are correct, the wording is clear, but somehow you messed up the meaning.
Please allow me to clarify.
You passed fifth grade English right? I mean, you know the parts of a sentence, and can diagram one, right? Of course you can! After all, this is stuff they teach fifth graders.

So, please tell the class the subject of the sentence, and the predicate, and their purpose, and kindly explain what a prefatory clause is and identify it in the sentence.
Are you ready? Here is the sentence:

"A well educated electorate being necessary to the security of a free state, the right or the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed"

Can you do that, slideman?

43 minutes ago, harryramar said:

You gave me a fake address and the lied about it when confronted ,but the thing that makes you such a moral coward is that you tattled on me for posting that fake address.

that takes kunt 3 votes😁

COWARD!!! YOU GODDAMN RAN LIKE THAT COWARD GOAT BALLED MORON YOU ARE!!

Wanna try again, hairyGOATFUC'KER??? I got a NEW PLACE you can come to!!!

Only THIS TIME, SHOW UP, PUSSIBOI!!

12 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Russians can not own firearms yet their murder rate is 5 higher than the United states.

Their murder is caused by the VODKA BOTTLE!