Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

European colonizers' mass killing of Native Americans caused change in climate: study

10 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

I have a sincere interest in sustainable materials

My favorite Motto is "lock carbon up" nowadays

Carbon dioxide is emitted in the manufacture of plastics

I am not sure bit when I checked I saw VColcanoes acount for 0.3 gigatons of CO2 per year.. Man is emmiting 26.7 Gigatons per year

Anthropogeninc sources of carbon emissions are 100 times volcanoes?? It does not seem real to me.. but this is what google told me when I checked

Every molecule of O2 in the atmosphere was created by a living creature.. denying lifes (including humans) effect on the climate is ludricous

27 minutes ago, Link said:

Seems plasuible, only thing that is keeping me from biting is the Msnbc link.

the original piece is an academic report

12 minutes ago, Link said:

Point out what was done to the native americans is still being done today

we just elected the first two native americans to congress

I am very proud of Deb Halaand's representation for New Mexico

Hispanics and Native Americans have hated each other here for a long time.. Both cultures have very positive attributes.. and are becoming one daily.

I saw a pure bred Navajo Princess.. Even my wife said her beauty was stunning

2 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

That seems an outrageous claim.. But yes.. I am for more fruits and vegs in our diet.. No meat is a tough one for me.. I love a good steak..... but I have Hindu friends who are jappy and healthy vegans

The funny thing is electric cars are green... right??   wrong...  the electricity is generated by combusting hydrocarbons.. then you add the innefficiencies of transmission and storage of electrical power.

Electric residential heat has to be another big source.. Burn the fuel at the power plant and transfer the heat via electrical lines to homes.. Same applies on hot summer days to our cooling.. which has to be electric  (I think.. swamp coolers are pretty cool)

And yes.. it takes a lot of equipment to raise cows and package them on styrofoam trays in saran wrap at the Walmart..

My guess is there will be a trend toward microfarming in the coming decades..

Food production does create carbon.. but it also absorbs a lot

Little off subject again.

Animals we eat should be free range animals eating grass andd movong around. 

This industrialisation of raising live stock for bigger yields and faster growth is disgusting. .

It is also unhealthy for us to eat such animals due to the hormones and steriods these animals are routinely injected with. 

I no longer eat chicken due to the fact they are feed steroids and growth hormones so they can be slaughtered in nine months. 

I no longer buy beef from the grocery stores or any that doesn't come from one of two farmers who raise grass feed angus. 

Same with pork,..

The meat is a dollar to two dollars nore a pound on average but the taste as well as the health benefits make it worth it.

10 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

That seems an outrageous claim.. But yes.. I am for more fruits and vegs in our diet.. No meat is a tough one for me.. I love a good steak..... but I have Hindu friends who are jappy and healthy vegans

The funny thing is electric cars are green... right??   wrong...  the electricity is generated by combusting hydrocarbons.. then you add the innefficiencies of transmission and storage of electrical power.

Electric residential heat has to be another big source.. Burn the fuel at the power plant and transfer the heat via electrical lines to homes.. Same applies on hot summer days to our cooling.. which has to be electric  (I think.. swamp coolers are pretty cool)

And yes.. it takes a lot of equipment to raise cows and package them on styrofoam trays in saran wrap at the Walmart..

My guess is there will be a trend toward microfarming in the coming decades..

Food production does create carbon.. but it also absorbs a lot

It is going to take an holistic approach. 

8 minutes ago, Link said:

This industrialisation of raising live stock for bigger yields and faster growth is disgusting.

You would not like my idea of bio engineering a creature that makes 240V single phase AC.. we have the technology to modify the electric eel to our requirements

I already feel sorry for the poor eels.. perhaps we could be compassionate and remove their brain

1 minute ago, Link said:

Little off subject again.

Animals we eat should be free range animals eating grass andd movong around. 

This industrialisation of raising live stock for bigger yields and faster growth is disgusting. .

It is also unhealthy for us to eat such animals due to the hormones and steriods these animals are routinely injected with. 

I no longer eat chicken due to the fact they are feed steroids and growth hormones so they can be slaughtered in nine months. 

I no longer buy beef from the grocery stores or any that doesn't come from one of two farmers who raise grass feed angus. 

Same with pork,..

The meat is a dollar to two dollars nore a pound on average but the taste as well as the health benefits make it worth it.

interesting.. one of the thinks about BREXIT is the importation of U.S meat which is strictly health regulated under  E.U law. The lessons of MAD  cow are lost on some people. we have just had the polish incident in which sick animals were slaughtered and allowed in to the human food chain,,thankfully E.U health inspectors could track every meat delivery.

1 minute ago, Trollsalot said:

You would not like my idea of bio engineering a creature that makes 240V single phase AC.. we have the technology to modify the electric eel to our requirements

You could do the same with a couple of solar panels. 

7 minutes ago, IvanSirko said:

It is going to take an holistic approach. 

like if we had listened to the native americans when we got here

2 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

I already feel sorry for the poor eels

The Eel Matrix and the here is an eel called NEON

1 minute ago, IvanSirko said:

interesting.. one of the thinks about BREXIT is the importation of U.S meat which is strictly health regulated under  E.U law. The lessons of MAD  cow are lost on some people. we have just had the polish incident in which sick animals were slaughtered and allowed in to the human food chain,,thankfully E.U health inspectors could track every meat delivery.

I was a kid when mad cow was going around. If I recall correctly they were feeding the the live stock dead cows . .

The Eel Matrix and the here is an eel called NEON

I still love your "5G Human is coming" The shyt really is changing humanity

1 minute ago, Link said:

You could do the same with a couple of solar panels. 

what about health centre for obese Americans wired up health  machines..free electric and healthcare savings 😮😮😮

Just now, Link said:

I was a kid when mad cow was going around. If I recall correctly they were feeding the the live stock dead cows . .

the deer now have a similar disease..  acronym is CE.. No human has gotten it from eating deer.. yet

It is wreaking havoic on the hunting industry..

CE appears to propogate in soil.. they do not know what or how it is working yet.. it is very difficult to test for,,,

Wisconsin is highly infested

Just now, Link said:

its why cannibal societies die out..

Just now, Trollsalot said:

the deer now have a similar disease..  acronym is CE.. No human has gotten it from eating deer.. yet

CE appears to propogate in soil.. they do not know what or how it is working yet.. it is very difficult to test for,,,

i didn't know that.. thanks i will look it up later

what about health centre for obese Americans wired up health  machines..free electric and healthcare savings 😮😮😮

Rush.. The Body Electric comes to mind

yeah.. eating your own causes genetic disorders.. LOL

3 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

I still love your "5G Human is coming" The shyt really is changing humanity

yes the internet is good for raising issues that the mainstream media would not

2 minutes ago, IvanSirko said:

i didn't know that.. thanks i will look it up later

National Public Radio here is amazing..  I hear about  amazing stuff

2 minutes ago, IvanSirko said:

yes the internet is good for raising issues 

You have no idea..

I am a big issue here in my own mind.. and in the admins

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

Racism gave rise to Global Warming. Thanks, cons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/european-colonizers-mass-killing-of-native-americans-caused-change-in-climate-study/ar-BBT3Up2?ocid=spartannt

( Full article at above link)

European colonizers who arrived in the Americas caused death and disease to the point that it sparked what some have called the first major human-induced change in the Earth's climate, a new study has found.

The study, conducted by researchers at the University College London (UCL), found that the arrival of European settlers killed nearly 56 million indigenous people over the course of roughly 100 years, causing large areas of farmland to go abandoned and reforested.

The study said the new swath of vegetated land, which CNN reported was roughly the size of France at the time, caused a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere.

Levels of carbon in the atmosphere had changed so much that it caused the planet to experience a global chill in 1610 that is now known as the Little Ice Age, researchers said.

"CO2 and climate had been relatively stable until this point," UCL geography professor Mark Maslin, one of the co-authors behind the study, told CNN on Friday. "So, this is the first major change we see in the Earth's greenhouse gases."

Maslin told CNN that he and the team of researchers conducted the study by examining archaeological evidence and historical data and analyzing Antarctic ice, which can trap atmospheric gas and reportedly reveal the quantity of carbon dioxide that was in the atmosphere long ago.

He said a combination of all of the above showed researchers how the reforestation that was brought on by the mass slaughter of indigenous people in the Americas led to the global chill.

"The ice cores showed that there was a larger dip in CO2 [than usual] in 1610, which was caused by the land and not the oceans," Alexander Koch, the lead author of the study, told CNN.

"For once, we've been able to balance all the boxes and realize that the only way the Little Ice Age was so intense is ... because of the genocide of millions of people," Maslin added.

this is what a nurture mind does to an active brain when trained to not accept being part of a population never staying the same people ancestrally here now.  Rule of law keps social behavior limited to relative time table interpretation, living is limited to everything existing is perpetually changing as a new total sum arriving here now all the time.

Choices of adapt to actual being part of things never the same as before or adopt to hypothetical standards historically as detailed in context never being completely accurate about the whole situation..

8 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

like if we had listened to the native americans when we got here

the first settlers did..the relationship was good...the injuns taught them the ways and fed them at first till they got it. 

what is forgotten is how many settlements failed without native help.. of course a few got wiped out..

9 minutes ago, Trollsalot said:

Do you mean cwd? "Chronic wasting disease" 

It has hit deer populations in several counties around me. A deer 

spreads the disease by urininating on the soil around bedding spots and the other deer get around the contaminated soil  becoming infected.

What is going to have too happen since cwd is spreading so fast around here. Wildlife management is going to have to caputre a number of uninfected deer and pen them up until the epdimic is over. 

10 minutes ago, IvanSirko said:

Crazy..