Jump to content
drvoke

Bolton: '5,000 Troops to Columbia' Military Action Imminent

Recommended Posts

 

Image result for bolton 5,000 troops

 

 

 

Air power first. Troops a last resort.

 

 

John Bolton’s Notes Indicate U.S. Troop Deployment towards Venezuela

The national security adviser was photographed with a notebook that said: “5,000 troops to Colombia.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-bolton-notebook-troops-venezuela_us_5c4f8fcce4b0d9f9be6850e2

(Full article at above link)

 

 

WASHINGTON ― Trump administration officials maintained Monday that “all options” ― including the use of military force ― are on the table concerning its attempts to remove Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro from power. And if National Security Adviser John Bolton’s notebook is to be believed, deploying troops to the region may be closer to reality than not.

During a White House press briefing meant to detail new sanctions on Maduro and Venezuela’s state-owned oil company, Bolton was photographed holding a yellow legal pad that read, “5,000 troops to Colombia,” a country sharing a border with Venezuela.

The potential security breach was quickly spotted by observers on Twitter after an Associated Press picture from the briefing was published atop stories at NBC and other outlets.

“As the president has said, all options are on the table,” a White House spokesperson said when asked if sending troops to Colombia was under consideration.

The Trump administration took its most aggressive steps to help topple Maduro from office last week when it officially recognized Venezuelan National Assembly leader Juan Guaido as the country’s interim president, just hours after Guaido swore himself into the office.

Use of U.S. military force in Venezuela could spark an outbreak of violence in a country already plagued by ongoing humanitarian crises, experts have warned.

The U.S. has a long history of using its military and intelligence services to try to oust Latin American leaders it opposes. The U.S. was closely linked to a failed coup against socialist President Hugo Chavez in 2002. Chavez died in office in 2013, and Maduro replaced him.

The Trump administration last week appointed Elliott Abrams, a former adviser to presidents George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan, as its special envoy to Venezuela. Abrams approved the Bush administration’s coup effort against Chavez, according to reports from that time.

 

 

 

Related image

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Bolton also urged Venezuela's military to "accept the peaceful, democratic and constitutional transfer of power".

As Mr Bolton was announcing the sanctions at a Washington news conference, observers spotted a handwritten message on his notepad.

It read "5,000 troops to Colombia", though it is unclear what this means.

One observer suggested the apparent gaff may be an infringement of operational security.

Mr Bolton declined at the press conference to rule out military involvement in Venezuela.

A White House spokesperson later said when asked about the note: "As the President has said, all options are on the table."

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47036491

 

 

We're trying to get rid of Trump in the US and Trump is trying to overthrow Venezuela. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're all stroking it until it catches fire ... and Trump would be trying to SAVE Venezuela.

 

21d8e99557668715fbe1fca4b09dd57f.jpg

 

 

 

 

kj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KneeJerk said:

Trump would be trying to SAVE Venezuela.

 

Trump is trying to overthrow Venezuela. I hope Trump is impeached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

 

Trump is trying to overthrow Venezuela. I hope Trump is impeached.

Socialism is doing that by itself. 🤣

 

Its citizens are tired of being equally piss poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeepBreath said:

Socialism is doing that by itself. 🤣

 

Its citizens are tired of being equally piss poor. 

If that's true then let them do it on their own, everytime we try and influence government insertion it falls apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fourputt said:

If that's true then let them do it on their own, everytime we try and influence government insertion it falls apart.

I’m all about them doing it on their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really surprised that John Bolton, one of the original INSANE Neo-Conservative Bush Administration War Criminals, now thinks that Americans should go die in Venezuela to sate his regime-change mental madness? 

 

How many human beings have died, or been maimed, or have been emotionally destroyed over just the last 2 decades from the total mental instability of the entire RIGHT-WING Lunatic Fringe? 

How many body bags and straight-jackets and shattered human lives have been all been fed into a wood-chipper by the Republican Neo-Conservative Torturers and War Criminals...... Bolton, Bush, Rove, Powell, Rice, Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld?

 

Slaughtered by Republican Foreign Policy, Year 2000 - 2019: 

19 years in Afghanistan-

> 2200 American soldiers sent to their deaths to fight an unwinnable war in Afghanistan

> 11,500 Afghani citizens dead. 

> 24,000 American soldiers and their family members, all physically, mentally, and emotionally SHATTERED and MUTILATED, permanently, after being sent by the RW Neo-Con madmen to fight an unwinnable War in Afghanistan.

Result? LESS than nothing. Taxpayers will spend almost 3 TRILLION dollars by the time we lay the last returning G.I. to rest. America LOST the War, badly.

The Taliban still controls Afghanistan, and now, President Gelding is begging the Taliban to sign a "Peace Treaty."...which the Taliban will violate even before our guys get sent home.

 

17 years in what we used to call "Iraq"-   

> 5200 American soldiers sent to their deaths on an Ethnic-Genocide Campaign to mass-murder 750,000 innocent Iraqis.

> 58,000 American soldiers and their family members, all physically, mentally, and emotionally shattered and mutilated, permanently, after being sent on a WMD Wild Goose FRAUD......which was created entirely from lies and evil intention. 

> 750,000 DEAD Iraqis, who died trying to defend their innocent, sovereign Nation from marauding invading foreign military force. 

> 6 MILLION Iraqis permanently displaced from their own country. 

> Iraq's borders now imaginary. Russia and Iran now control Iraq, and all political power. ISIS is created in Syria and established a Caliphate, after being formulated from Saddam's Iraqi Royal Guard who were allowed to flee by Bush's Military Generals.

 

Sure, let's send our brave boys and girls off to die in the Venezuelan jungle! Sounds like fun! Who knows....maybe the Republicans will secretly sell missiles to Iran again, and funnel the the weapons profit back to the new propped-up "temporary interim" Venezuelan President! It worked so well, last time!     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fit2Serve said:

Are we really surprised that John Bolton, one of the original INSANE Neo-Conservative Bush Administration War Criminals, now thinks that Americans should go die in Venezuela to sate his regime-change mental madness? 

 

How many human beings have died, or been maimed, or have been emotionally destroyed over just the last 2 decades from the total mental instability of the entire RIGHT-WING Lunatic Fringe? 

How many body bags and straight-jackets and shattered human lives have been all been fed into a wood-chipper by the Republican Neo-Conservative Torturers and War Criminals...... Bolton, Bush, Rove, Powell, Rice, Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld?

 

Slaughtered by Republican Foreign Policy, Year 2000 - 2019: 

19 years in Afghanistan-

> 2200 American soldiers sent to their deaths to fight an unwinnable war in Afghanistan

> 11,500 Afghani citizens dead. 

> 24,000 American soldiers and their family members, all physically, mentally, and emotionally SHATTERED and MUTILATED, permanently, after being sent by the RW Neo-Con madmen to fight an unwinnable War in Afghanistan.

Result? LESS than nothing. Taxpayers will spend almost 3 TRILLION dollars by the time we lay the last returning G.I. to rest. America LOST the War, badly.

The Taliban still controls Afghanistan, and now, President Gelding is begging the Taliban to sign a "Peace Treaty."...which the Taliban will violate even before our guys get sent home.

 

17 years in what we used to call "Iraq"-   

> 5200 American soldiers sent to their deaths on an Ethnic-Genocide Campaign to mass-murder 750,000 innocent Iraqis.

> 58,000 American soldiers and their family members, all physically, mentally, and emotionally shattered and mutilated, permanently, after being sent on a WMD Wild Goose FRAUD......which was created entirely from lies and evil intention. 

> 750,000 DEAD Iraqis, who died trying to defend their innocent, sovereign Nation from marauding invading foreign military force. 

> 6 MILLION Iraqis permanently displaced from their own country. 

> Iraq's borders now imaginary. Russia and Iran now control Iraq, and all political power. ISIS is created in Syria and established a Caliphate, after being formulated from Saddam's Iraqi Royal Guard who were allowed to flee by Bush's Military Generals.

 

Sure, let's send our brave boys and girls off to die in the Venezuelan jungle! Sounds like fun! Who knows....maybe the Republicans will secretly sell missiles to Iran again, and funnel the the weapons profit back to the new propped-up "temporary interim" Venezuelan President! It worked so well, last time!     

And when you hippie morons made us pull out of Vietnam 2 million people died. you fkn morons are fkn stupid ignorant morons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 123urout said:

And when you hippie morons made us pull out of Vietnam 2 million people died. you fkn morons are fkn stupid ignorant morons

not even close to being true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 123urout said:

And when you hippie morons made us pull out of Vietnam 2 million people died. you fkn morons are fkn stupid ignorant morons

Get back to me when your Xanax and Thorazine kicks in, sonny. Sorry Champ...America hasn't fought in a JUSTIFIABLE War since WWII.

 

I've been treating SHATTERED homeless and addicted/alcoholic "Nam and Gulf War and Iraq/Afghanistan combat vets for decades, while you smoked dope and played soldier on your Call of Duty video games with your homies.

 

I'm not going to bore myself to tears "debating" with a hysterical ignoramus who actually SUPPORTS the human abattoir and carnage that has resulted from the last two decades of Neo-Conservative Foreign Policy, conducted by wanna-be armchair-general military adventurists.

I've already buried too many military friends to waste time tolerating the ravings of abject idiots, especially children like you who are just embarrassed by their Party's complete ineptitude and hapless disregard for the lives and futures of our own soldiers.

Our guys and gals will go and fight anywhere they are ordered to go, even when a Bad wordtard Republican ass-hat happens to corrupt and cheat his way into the Oval Office, and utterly-destroys the entire Middle East, by sending them all off to field-test the criminal Defense Industry's latest batch of Smart Weapons on live, innocent human beings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I doubt a highly unpopular trump will get way with starting a ground war in south America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leftwinger said:

 

Trump is trying to overthrow Venezuela. I hope Trump is impeached.

Venezuela is trying to overthrow Venezuela. Can't blame them. Dogs should be pets, not food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Venezuela is trying to overthrow Venezuela. Can't blame them. Dogs should be pets, not food. 

and it's just a coincidence that they have all that oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leftwinger

We're trying to get rid of Trump in the US

 

 

 

 

is that why you stated home Election Day crying over Bernie & helping trump and his party get into Power?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harryramar said:

and it's just a coincidence that they have all that oil.

Definitely a coincidence. Someone put our oil under their soil. Time to make some freedom! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Definitely a coincidence. Someone put our oil under their soil. Time to make some freedom! ;)

They also have wmd’s and are going to reconstitute their nuke program 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fourputt said:

If that's true then let them do it on their own, everytime we try and influence government insertion it falls apart.

Well, the socialist dictator has the military in his back pocket and the citizenry isnt exactly armed with anything.

 

That being said, the plan is to let them do it on their own for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think John Bolton is engaging in Psy Ops by "accidentally" exposing this threat to the media.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I think John Bolton is engaging in Psy Ops by "accidentally" exposing this threat to the media.

 

Bill

🤣You are spot on. It’s so obvious it’s painful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RollingRock said:

Trump seems determined to maim and kill our brave men and women in uniform needlessly.

Unlike the 8 years Obama continued Bushs wars and started a bunch of new ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, drvoke said:

During a White House press briefing meant to detail new sanctions on Maduro and Venezuela’s state-owned oil company, Bolton was photographed holding a yellow legal pad that read, “5,000 troops to Colombia,” a country sharing a border with Venezuela.

 

The potential security breach was quickly spotted by observers on Twitter after an Associated Press picture from the briefing was published atop stories at NBC and other outlets.

lol... "the potential security breach..."

Bolton was using the media to get a message to Maduro, and it worked like a charm.

 

 

6 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I think John Bolton is engaging in Psy Ops by "accidentally" exposing this threat to the media.

Bill

I hate it when you're right.  Stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×