Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
king of the county

Kicking the can down the road for three weeks, wtf over?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, king of the county said:

I dont know how it works maybe the media was lying but there are reports some employees of contractors will not get back pay 

 

I guess it would depend on how the contract is spelled out, exactly what services are provided. Perhaps the charter bus drivers for Pelosi's congressional junkets doesn't get paid, but the cleaning and maintenance contractors will. 

Yes, the media is lying is a pretty safe bet these days. I don't know what you saw.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

 

I guess it would depend on how the contract is spelled out, exactly what services are provided. Perhaps the charter bus drivers for Pelosi's congressional junkets doesn't get paid, but the cleaning and maintenance contractors will. 

Yes, the media is lying is a pretty safe bet these days. I don't know what you saw.

 

 

It’s posted here somewhere has a photo of a female in the article 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontlooknow said:

Is it true trump wants to use Russian steel in the fence?

 

No, Mexican steel.

Here's a true story,
When NAFTA came into being, my company was using large Japanese structural pipe to build our equipment out of. With Nafta, Japanese steel had a very high tariff to promote the use of domestic steel, but we couldn't get American steel manufactured to our specs. We even tried using square steel tubes, but again, it just didn't hold to tolerance.
So, we found a fab shop in Mexico that would paint the Japanese steel with primer and ship it to us tax free.
Same material, half the price, because our Japan facility sent it to Mexico to be sent to us instead of sending it direct.
NAFTA sucked and I am glad Trump put an end to it

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

 

No, Mexican steel.

Here's a true story,
When NAFTA came into being, my company was using large Japanese structural pipe to build our equipment out of. With Nafta, Japanese steel had a very high tariff to promote the use of domestic steel, but we couldn't get American steel manufactured to our specs. We even tried using square steel tubes, but again, it just didn't hold to tolerance.
So, we found a fab shop in Mexico that would paint the Japanese steel with primer and ship it to us tax free.
Same material, half the price, because our Japan facility sent it to Mexico to be sent to us instead of sending it direct.
NAFTA sucked and I am glad Trump put an end to it

 

 

Are you hiring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was back in the 90s
I don't do that work anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Republicans on the panel are Representatives Granger, Fleischmann, Graves and Palazzo; Senators Shelby, John Hoeven of North Dakota, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia and Roy Blunt of Missouri.

The Democrats are Representatives Lowey, Roybal-Allard, Lee, Cuellar, Aguilar and David Price of North Carolina; Senators Durbin, Leahy and Tester. At Wednesday’s meeting, each member will be able to give an opening statement.

 

 

 

what did they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chuck! said:

The only people devastated

and you find devastated people acceptable

 

we do not need your type of leadership

 

next???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, king of the county said:

No all those jobs came back 

That has nothing to do with the source of steel used. What we make in the USA is specialty steel, alloys and the like, which are more profitable.

Ordinary steel is not something American steel mills have specialized in for decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

That has nothing to do with the source of steel used. What we make in the USA is specialty steel, alloys and the like, which are more profitable.

Ordinary steel is not something American steel mills have specialized in for decades.

They are now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, king of the county said:

They are now 

The fact that GM manufactures Chevrolets does not mean that the Border patrol is obliged to buy Chevy SUV's.

I really, really doubt that you know diddly about what kind of steel US steel mills produce.

But the source of the steel and the type of steel will be decided upon by the contractor. It is in NO WAY automatic that US made steel must be used. It may not even be available. And there has been no agreement on the Wall so far. Trump will be pushing up the daisies before the Wall he described will be completed, and that is for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

The fact that GM manufactures Chevrolets does not mean that the Border patrol is obliged to buy Chevy SUV's.

I really, really doubt that you know diddly about what kind of steel US steel mills produce.

But the source of the steel and the type of steel will be decided upon by the contractor. It is in NO WAY automatic that US made steel must be used. It may not even be available. And there has been no agreement on the Wall so far. Trump will be pushing up the daisies before the Wall he described will be completed, and that is for sure. 

The wall will be cement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

The fact that GM manufactures Chevrolets does not mean that the Border patrol is obliged to buy Chevy SUV's.

I really, really doubt that you know diddly about what kind of steel US steel mills produce.

But the source of the steel and the type of steel will be decided upon by the contractor. It is in NO WAY automatic that US made steel must be used. It may not even be available. And there has been no agreement on the Wall so far. Trump will be pushing up the daisies before the Wall he described will be completed, and that is for sure. 

Hey Dum Dum,Chinese steel sucks, why would any mfg use it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, king of the county said:

The wall will be cement 

Sez you.

There is a need to know what is going on on the opposite side of the Wall, and the Border Patrol does not have X Ray vision. No one can see through cement.

If they build anything, it will likely be of several types, depending on the terrain.

Continue building a wonderful beautiful-you will not believe how beautiful-Wall in your head, Kingaroo.

Just as great sex can be enjoyed with a bit of porn and your hand, you have the power to satisfy yourself by imagining Hondurans being deterred by the Wall you have conjured up between your ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Sez you.

There is a need to know what is going on on the opposite side of the Wall, and the Border Patrol does not have X Ray vision. No one can see through cement. Continue building a wonderful beautiful-you will not believe how beautiful-Wall in your head, Kingaroo.

Just as great sex can be enjoyed with a bit of porn and your hand, you have the power to satisfy yourself by imagining Hondurans being deterred by the Wall yiu have conjured up between your ears.

Just wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...