Sign in to follow this  
king of the county

Kicking the can down the road for three weeks, wtf over?

Get's people paid, to include back pay. Provides three weeks to work on coming up with something to address the border security problem. Three weeks from now if there's no progress.....then we'll see where the wrangling goes.

If I were Trump, I would make two things crystal clear;

During this three weeks, both parties MUST negotiate on at least some elements of every issue...including a border wall/fence/barrier.  If either party refuses to negotiate on anything he will veto any legislation passed.

Any protections for those in the country illegally, for ANY reason, cannot include a pathway to citizenship that does not include them leaving the US for a specified period of time.  If they choose to stay, they can get a work permit but will not have a way to become a citizen that is not already in existing law.

10 minutes ago, Skans said:

What is the deal?

Trump: 'We have reached a deal'

By Kaitlan CollinsPhil Mattingly and Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated at 2:23 PM ET, Fri January 25, 2019

Play Video

190124180150-blackface-florida-state-sec
00:42

190124222233-susan-collins-01242019-medi

190117131816-anastasia-vashukevich-depor
02:08

190124192402-ebof-24-medium-plus-169.jpg
03:14

190122145551-fbi-agents-association-repo
02:06

190124175804-desantis-medium-plus-169.jp
00:31

190124175156-nancy-pelosi-medium-plus-16
01:47

190124172609-trump-senate-vote-shutdown-
00:58

190124174859-trump-wall-government-shutd
01:09

190125131328-roger-stone-nixon-salute-me
02:27

190125123227-02-roger-stone-court-0125-s
04:40

190125085320-sarah-sanders-new-day-1-25-
02:07

190125084746-01-sarah-sanders-new-day-01
02:11

190125092107-cnn-shortell-medium-plus-16
02:13

190125072347-jeffrey-toobin-1-25-19-medi
00:51

190124180150-blackface-florida-state-sec

190124222233-susan-collins-01242019-medi

190117131816-anastasia-vashukevich-depor
02:08

190124192402-ebof-24-medium-plus-169.jpg
03:14

190122145551-fbi-agents-association-repo
02:06

190124175804-desantis-medium-plus-169.jp
00:31

190124175156-nancy-pelosi-medium-plus-16
01:47

190124172609-trump-senate-vote-shutdown-
00:58

190124174859-trump-wall-government-shutd
01:09

190125131328-roger-stone-nixon-salute-me
02:27

190125123227-02-roger-stone-court-0125-s
04:40

190125085320-sarah-sanders-new-day-1-25-
02:07

190125084746-01-sarah-sanders-new-day-01
02:11

190125092107-cnn-shortell-medium-plus-16
02:13

190125072347-jeffrey-toobin-1-25-19-medi
00:51

(CNN) — President Donald Trump said Friday he's reached a deal to reopen the federal government after a month-long shutdown.
"I am very proud to announce today that we have reached a deal to end the shutdown and reopen the federal government," Trump said in remarks from the Rose Garden.
"As everyone knows I have a very powerful alternative but I'm not going to use it at this time," Trump said.
Sources told CNN the White House and congressional negotiators made an agreement to temporarily reopen the federal government while talks continue on a border wall.

The path included signing a stopgap funding measure that would fund the government through February 15. But sources said it would not include any new funding for Trump's promised border wall, once an ironclad demand that led to the shuttering of government agencies over the past month. 
Instead, lawmakers would return to negotiations over the money while federal workers return to their jobs.
Leading up to the remarks, Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer was in direct talks with the White House over finalizing the deal's language, the people familiar with the matter said. 
On Friday morning, issues remained over backpay provisions that any agreement would include, one source said. Federal workers have now gone for two pay periods without paychecks. 
Once the measure is passed, lawmakers would have three weeks to reach an agreement that addresses Trump's standing border wall funding request. 
If they don't reach a deal in that span, Trump is expected to say he'll invoke a national emergency. 
The sources cautioned that details remained are fluid and the final agreement could change. 
Trump has faced increasing pressure to find a way out of the weeks-long border standoff, which on Friday led to widespread delays at East Coast airports. The pressure increased when two competing proposals to end the deadlock failed in the Senate on Thursday.
After those measures collapsed, Republican and Democratic leaders began frenzied negotiations to end the shutdown, which left 800,000 federal workers without another paycheck on Friday. That resulted in the three-week stopgap funding measure that would fund the government and allow workers to be paid. The White House expressed openness to the plan, but said it must include a "large down payment" for the President's border wall.
The President has also not ruled out declaring a national emergency, and on Thursday repeatedly insisted he had many "alternatives" to securing border wall funding that did not involve Congress. CNN reported exclusively on Thursday that a national emergency proclamation had been drafted that would allow for potentially billions of federal dollars to be put toward wall construction.
Officials continue to say, however, that they prefer solving the dispute legislatively, and have remained in close negotiations with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. 

Play Video

FAA orders ground stop at LaGuardia amid massive delays 02:12
Meanwhile, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have indicated that they are waiting to see what the President will accept as part of a short-term funding deal.
Trump said on Thursday he would accept such a measure only if it included a "prorated down payment" on the border wall. Neither he nor his aides have specified a dollar figure for the down payment.
Pressure to end the shutdown increased on Friday after air traffic was delayed at two New York-area airports -- LaGuardia and Newark -- in addition to Philadelphia International Airport due to staffing issues at a Federal Aviation Administration regional air traffic control center.
A day earlier, Republican lawmakers vented their frustration at Vice President Mike Pence during a tense lunch over a lack of a strategy out of the shutdown.
Administration officials have said as recently as this week that if the shutdown began to devastate air travel, they feared Republicans would jump ship and get on board with a short-term Democratic plan to reopen the government.
Outside political advisers to the President and his allies on Capitol Hill have also worried major flight issues would amplify the blame Trump its already facing for the shutdown. They, too, believe that major disruptions to air travel would ramp up pressure to reopen the government without wall funding.

One of Trump's top allies, meanwhile, suggested the delays could shake loose a deal.
"I think the problems at the airport are a sign of things to come and I've been ready for weeks now to reopen the government and give us a chance without a shutdown hanging over us to reach a compromise," Sen. Lindsey Graham told reporters on Friday.

3 minutes ago, king of the county said:

16 days and a wake up 

this gives trump time to somehow get one of his dirty tricksters to give mann coulter the flu so she stfu when he caves the next time. stone is under surveillance but I am sure trump has a stable of unsavory characters to get the job done

Shutdown Feb 15 or National Bladder Urgency

Only two potential outcomes at this point

Agree on border security in three weeks?? LMGDAO

Trump still doesn't agree climate change may be caused by antrhopogenic causes

I sure hope Trump understands the devastation and crisis the shutdown has created.. I am sure we will be back to  tip top operating shape tommorrow.. "My leadership is the worlds greatest show on earth"  yeah Don.. it is a circus

On 1/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, Skans said:

What is the deal?

state of confusion lives on. Dark matter, black holes and nobody wants to understand the whole process at being eternally sorted out now by biological positions conception to extinction of this species pretending to be the exception of things perpetually balancing naturally.  Genetic fate, ancestral destiny. All the words cannot change the physical ways it operates now.

51 minutes ago, BillClinton said:

I sure hope Trump understands the devastation and crisis the shutdown has created.

The only people devastated are people who live on the taxpayer's dime AND have poor financial savvy.
 And even THEY are getting all their money for not working anyway. 

Further, federal enforcement of  marijuana laws was suspended during the so-called shutdown.

nobody wants to understand the whole process at being eternally bla blibidy bla bla blipblibidy boo.

Sole, I have to agree with you on that!

23 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

The only people devastated are people who live on the taxpayer's dime AND have poor financial savvy.
 And even THEY are getting all their money for not working anyway. 

Further, federal enforcement of  marijuana laws was suspended during the so-called shutdown.

No they live pay check to pay check. 

Why does anybody live paycheck to paycheck who works for the feds?
What profession does the feds not pay enough to save?
What state didn't offer federal employees unemployment benefits?

What do you call "devastating"?

Just now, king of the county said:

You hire and pay them 

I do I pay more taxes than all of you put together.

21 minutes ago, dontlooknow said:

Pelosi got them back pay. Lol your side is losing again 

They have ALWAYS gotten "back pay", which makes the whole "devastation and crisis" rhetoric a joke

On 1/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, BatteryPowered said:

If I were Trump, I would make two things crystal clear;

During this three weeks, both parties MUST negotiate on at least some elements of every issue...including a border wall/fence/barrier.  If either party refuses to negotiate on anything he will veto any legislation passed.

Any protections for those in the country illegally, for ANY reason, cannot include a pathway to citizenship that does not include them leaving the US for a specified period of time.  If they choose to stay, they can get a work permit but will not have a way to become a citizen that is not already in existing law.

TRump has already fixed his position for this round, and it is he who makes negotiating impossible. 

Just now, theLion said:

TRump has already fixed his position for this round, and it is he who makes negotiating impossible. 

the democrats will own this shutdown also

12 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

They have ALWAYS gotten "back pay", which makes the whole "devastation and crisis" rhetoric a joke

I believe it’s the employees of the contractors who may not get back pay 

10 minutes ago, king of the county said:

I believe it’s the employees of the contractors who may not get back pay 

Contracts are on a year to year basis
Their employees missed nothing

1 minute ago, Chuck! said:

Contracts are on a year to year basis
Their employees missed nothing

I dont know how it works maybe the media was lying but there are reports some employees of contractors will not get back pay 

Just now, king of the county said:

I dont know how it works maybe the media was lying but there are reports some employees of contractors will not get back pay 

That is how trump operated for years.