LoreD

A Canadian View of Trump's Wall

17 minutes ago, bludog said:

Hilarious !

One of the funniest things I've heard out of Canada is a radio show (with podcasts too, here) called "This is That". The last episode was last December.

The premise is that they literally make up fake news. Ridiculous stories that are designed to make you crazy if you don't know it's fake. Then people call in, in a huff, and the phone calls are played back on air in subsequent shows.

My favorite one was a story about an aquarium in eastern Canada, a big publicly-funded one with lots of interesting fish. They lost their government funding and couldn't afford to continue to operate. Nevertheless they wanted to thank all the people in the area for their continued support over the years. So when they were about to close they decided to have a free barbecue for the neighborhood... with the aquarium fish as the seafood in the barbecue.

And people went ape. :)

2 hours ago, laripu said:

My favorite one was a story about an aquarium in eastern Canada, a big publicly-funded one with lots of interesting fish. They lost their government funding and couldn't afford to continue to operate. Nevertheless they wanted to thank all the people in the area for their continued support over the years. So when they were about to close they decided to have a free barbecue for the neighborhood... with the aquarium fish as the seafood in the barbecue.

Ha ha ha ha ha.  Good one.  It's amazing what people will believe when the hear it from an authoritative source.  And considering some the mind-blowing news that comes out every day, it's maybe not surprising that many people find it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:27 AM, LoreD said:

5 billion to build a wall.  2 log and 15 branches builds a ladder..I am sure American companies are selling ladders to the other americans. this is prohibition all over again.

the Mexicans are americans of the old order.. shot yourself in the foot red necks ( with interesting genes)