drvoke

Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

Nighthawk is so full of sh*t.

He is, and to answer his completely stupid answer, non union employees are paid wages in response to union wages. If a union member gets $40.00 per hour plus benefit package a non union employer will sometimes offer a higher per hour rate but a lot less benefit package just to attract the younger workers and uninformed which is what @Nighthawk appears to be.

2 minutes ago, fourputt said:

He is, and to answer his completely stupid answer, non union employees are paid wages in response to union wages. If a union member gets $40.00 per hour plus benefit package a non union employer will sometimes offer a higher per hour rate but a lot less benefit package just to attract the younger workers and uninformed which is what @Nighthawk appears to be.

Unions are a blemish on this country

14 hours ago, drvoke said:

Nighthawk is so full of sh*t.

Is this what passes for winning debate tactics in liberal fantasy land?  Just blindly claim that your opponent is full of shit, with absolutely no explanation as to why or how they are supposedly wrong, and then just call it a day?  Lol...

Again, if your claim is true, then it should be extremely easy for one of you idiot libs to finally prove me wrong for a change, instead of always cowardly running away while I continually bump threads in which I participate to deafening silence.  So what the fuck are you waiting for?  Why has this never happened?  Why in the holy mother of hell would you let some uppity conservative like me continually gloat and taunt you idiot libs for your stupidity and cowardice when it should be so easy to put me in my place???

No, such behavior would not happen as it would be totally irrational, and thus it is clearly YOU that is full of shit, dumbass.

1 minute ago, Nighthawk said:

Is this what passes for winning debate tactics in liberal fantasy land?  Just blindly claim that your opponent is full of shit, with absolutely no explanation as to why or how they are supposedly wrong, and then just call it a day?  Lol...

Again, if your claim is true, then it should be extremely easy for one of you idiot libs to finally prove me wrong for a change, instead of always cowardly running away while I continually bump threads in which I participate to deafening silence.  So what the fuck are you waiting for?  Why has this never happened?  Why in the holy mother of hell would you let some uppity conservative like me continually gloat and taunt you idiot libs for your stupidity and cowardice when it should be so easy to put me in my place???

No, such behavior would not happen as it would be totally irrational, and thus it is clearly YOU that is full of Bad word, dumbass.

You're dealing with uneducated, stupid, non-contributors to society that live off OUR backs. 

I wonder how it feels to be enslaved to welfare? How much pot and drugs do you have to do to try and escape reality? 🤣

10 hours ago, fourputt said:

What the hell are you babbling about, dimwit?  Why the hell would employers do something "in response" to a group that holds no power over them???  Especially when many occupations with very high average salaries have practically no unions whatsoever, dolt?

Are you claiming that if, for example, an accounting firm with no unions wants to hire another accountant, that they will supposedly decide to pay that new accountant say $100k/year "in response" to some other rare accountant union somewhere else in the US that has no power to make them do so?  If so, are you fucking insane???

Do you want to try your hand at my amazingly simple question again, but perhaps without continuing to show how unbelievably stupid and/or insane you are this time?

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

What the hell are you babbling about, dimwit?  Why the hell would employers do something "in response" to a group that holds no power over them???  Especially when many occupations with very high average salaries have practically no unions whatsoever, dolt?

Are you claiming that if, for example, an accounting firm with no unions wants to hire another accountant, that they will supposedly decide to pay that new accountant say $100k/year "in response" to some other rare accountant union somewhere else in the US that has no power to make them do so?  If so, are you fucking insane???

Do you want to try your hand at my amazingly simple question again, but perhaps without continuing to show how unbelievably stupid and/or insane you are this time?

Good luck.

Your insane you dimwitted inbred mf'er, I'm done with your lame Bad word for brains answers. Go away and slither under the rock you came from diick breath. It's obvious you only want to name call so read and enjoy Jethro maybe if you came up for air out of Trumps ass once in a while you may find a clear thought, have a short life pussy.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:29 AM, fourputt said:

Your insane you dimwitted inbred mf'er, I'm done with your lame Bad word for brains answers.

As I keep on asking and asking and asking and asking- if I am really "insane", "dimwitted", "Bad word for brain", and "full of shit", then why the hell have none of you idiot libs never come remotely close to ever proving me wrong???  Why do you all make lame excuses and about why you supposedly don't want to prove me wrong and then cowardly run away while I continually bump my threads and taunt you all for your stupidity and cowardice, moron?  Doesn't that seem like kind of odd behavior to you, numbskull?

Go away and slither under the rock you came from diick breath. It's obvious you only want to name call so read and enjoy Jethro

Are you really too damn retarded to notice the hypocrisy of complaining about SOMEONE ELSE name calling, despite you yourself doing that very thing numerous times in the same fucking post, dumbass?  Lol...

If you don't like being insulted for your abject stupidity, then the solution is quite simple- quit making stupid posts, dolt.  Problem solved.

Good luck.

maybe if you came up for air out of Trumps ass once in a while you may find a clear thought,

I swear, you idiot libs are all singing from the same hymnal.  Whenever I begin to destroy you brainless imbeciles, you all end up resorting to bringing up Trump out of nowhere, probably as an effort to change the subject away from your humiliation and complete inability to disprove a single thing I post.  Listen up fuckhead- I don't give a damn about Trump and he has nothing to do with anything I have stated anywhere in this post.  For the record, I think he is an utter buffoon.

have a short life pussy.

Again, are you really too damn retarded to notice the hypocrisy of calling SOMEONE ELSE a pussy while you are the one that is cowardly dodging simple questions and running away in terror?  Lol...

Don't worry, I will be sure to bump this post plenty of times so everyone will see who the real pussy is...

On 1/16/2019 at 7:55 PM, drvoke said:

Democrats in the House and Senate rolled out a proposal on Wednesday to more than double the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

"A $15 federal minimum wage affirms the bedrock idea of fairness in our country: that hard work deserves a decent wage," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in backing the proposal.

Did this bill become law?

Nighthawk is definitely a paid shill for some corporate interest. The ironic thing is he gets paid less than $15 a hour and they laugh at his silly ass.

Here's my problem with the minimum wage. I think it's trying to solve a problem by addressing a symptom.  We haven't taken the first step to address the wealth concentration and inequality, which is to break up TBTF companies.  That's banks and corporations that will cripple our economy if a relative handful of people running one of them gets short-sighted, or greedy, or just makes a couple of mistakes.  Obviously the risk posed by that is clear enough, but there is more to it that relates to the minimum wage.

Right now, in a lot of industries, if you raise the minimum wage, you'll just crush a bunch of little guys out of existence.  Large corporations that can handle the increase will be fine, but this winds up just being another thing that will clear out a bunch of little guys, delivering more market share into those already huge corporate hands.  So that's one problem.

Another we have seen where the minimum wage has been raised locally.  The small businesses that can afford it maybe can only afford less of it, so they cut hours, or reduce staff.   People lose jobs or income, in other words.

Why not stop attacking the fallout from our enormous corporations and wealth and power concentration, and address the actual problem?  It's long past time to start splitting those massive corporations and banks up and being more aggressive about anti-competitive behavior.  If the market has to compete for labor that will keep wages honest.  I know we need a minimum wage, and we can raise it as it makes sense.  I am not especially well informed about where it belongs, honestly.  But I would feel like more was being done to really right the ship and make things better if we could move meaningfully to free up our economy again.  It is utterly locked down by really big players and has been for years, and it's getting worse, not better.

Another concern with raising the minimum wage is the same one I have with the minimum basic income.  You hand everyone $10,000 and it'll pay their rent this month, but everyone knows that extra $10,000 is out there.  How long will it realistically take for inflation to gobble up all of that $10,000?  Now all we've done is drive inflation, devaluing our currency in ways that will cripple retirees and those among us who have been "smart" enough to save for the future. 

We need to stop fixing symptoms.  That person digging the hole in the pic above is us.

22 hours ago, drvoke said:

Nighthawk is definitely a paid shill for some corporate interest.

Where have I supposedly ever posted anything that would make me a "shill" for the evil corporations, dumbass?  I am an advocate for the lowest skilled workers, especially the black ones, that are the most harmed by your precious moronic MW laws, imbecile.  And actually, it is many of the big, evil corporations, like Walmart and Amazon, that are IN FAVOR of moronic MW laws, dolt!  So it looks like you idiot libs are the ones that are truly "paid shills" for the corporate interests.  Either that, or you are just too damn stupid to know that you are "shilling" for the evil corporations, and are thus doing their bidding for free as what are known as "useful idiots."  So which is the case for you?

And besides, if I really was supposedly just being paid to make my claims, and not truly correct, then it should be extremely easy for one of you idiot libs to finally prove me wrong for a change.  So what the fuck are you waiting for, shithead?  If you are waiting on a written invitation - then here it fucking is!

Good luck.

The ironic thing is he gets paid less than $15 a hour and they laugh at his silly ass.

Yeah right.  You really think someone of my superior intellectual capability could only command a salary of less than $15/hr?  Lol...

11 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

You really think someone of my superior intellectual capability could only command a salary of less than $15/hr?  Lol...

There is only one job for someone of your 'intellectual capability.'

Image result for "shoveling shit"

10 hours ago, splunch said:

Here's my problem with the minimum wage. I think it's trying to solve a problem by addressing a symptom.  We haven't taken the first step to address the wealth concentration and inequality, which is to break up TBTF companies.  That's banks and corporations that will cripple our economy if a relative handful of people running one of them gets short-sighted, or greedy, or just makes a couple of mistakes.  Obviously the risk posed by that is clear enough, but there is more to it that relates to the minimum wage.

Right now, in a lot of industries, if you raise the minimum wage, you'll just crush a bunch of little guys out of existence.  Large corporations that can handle the increase will be fine, but this winds up just being another thing that will clear out a bunch of little guys, delivering more market share into those already huge corporate hands.  So that's one problem.

Another we have seen where the minimum wage has been raised locally.  The small businesses that can afford it maybe can only afford less of it, so they cut hours, or reduce staff.   People lose jobs or income, in other words.

Why not stop attacking the fallout from our enormous corporations and wealth and power concentration, and address the actual problem?  It's long past time to start splitting those massive corporations and banks up and being more aggressive about anti-competitive behavior.  If the market has to compete for labor that will keep wages honest.  I am not especially well informed about where it belongs, honestly.  But I would feel like more was being done to really right the ship and make things better if we could move meaningfully to free up our economy again.  It is utterly locked down by really big players and has been for years, and it's getting worse, not better.

Another concern with raising the minimum wage is the same one I have with the minimum basic income.  You hand everyone $10,000 and it'll pay their rent this month, but everyone knows that extra $10,000 is out there.  How long will it realistically take for inflation to gobble up all of that $10,000?  Now all we've done is drive inflation, devaluing our currency in ways that will cripple retirees and those among us who have been "smart" enough to save for the future. 

We need to stop fixing symptoms.  That person digging the hole in the pic above is us.

What the hell are you babbling about?  Worrying about "TBTF banks" crippling the financial system is one thing, but how the hell do these companies supposedly have anything whatsoever to do with "wages not being honest", dunce?  The only way that wages in general could be held significantly below fair market value would be through the use of force, such as by your precious government.

I know we need a minimum wage, and we can raise it as it makes sense. 

If we supposedly need a moronic MW, then why in the holy mother of hell can none of you idiot libs ever make anything even slightly resembling a rational argument or defense of these horrible laws, dimwit???  Why the hell do you idiot libs ALWAYS cowardly run away as I continually gloat, taunt, and bump any threads in which I participate on this subject?  Does this not make you pause, even for a second, and wonder whether you are truly on the correct side of the argument or perhaps that you should try opening a book on basic economics for once in your miserable life to see if you have been missing something? 

Is it not possible to your feeble little mind that maybe, just maybe- the LAWS of economics are not just a bunch of BS and that maybe, just maybe- your precious liberal masters have been brainwashing you all this time for selfish reasons?  Lol...

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

There is only one job for someone of your 'intellectual capability.'

Image result for "shoveling shit"

Again-

If this is true, then it should be extremely easy for one of you idiot libs to finally prove me wrong for a change.  So what the fuck are you waiting for, shithead? 

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Where have I supposedly ever posted anything that would make me a "shill" for the evil corporations, dumbass?  I am an advocate for the lowest skilled workers, especially the black ones, that are the most harmed by your precious moronic MW laws, imbecile.  And actually, it is many of the big, evil corporations, like Walmart and Amazon, that are IN FAVOR of moronic MW laws, dolt!  So it looks like you idiot libs are the ones that are truly "paid shills" for the corporate interests.  Either that, or you are just too damn stupid to know that you are "shilling" for the evil corporations, and are thus doing their bidding for free as what are known as "useful idiots."  So which is the case for you?

Still waiting on the answer to the question above...

Bump.