drvoke

Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

4 minutes ago, personreal said:

Well...no.

But it might buy them some time while they register all those illegal aliens as democrats.  

😂We need to deport all these entitlement monkeys. 

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

Where will benson go?

Just now, Nighthawk said:

What I find absolutely bewildering is that even though this pitifully stupid little twit has been thoroughly demolished and humiliated in this thread and will probably cowardly run away from it, never to return, I would be willing to bet that the fucking nimrod probably ***STILL*** thinks that moronic minimum wage laws are a good idea.  It is like no amount of logic, reason, or empirical evidence can ever cause these idiot libs to change their beliefs from what their liberal masters have implanted into them with their brainwashing techniques.   Perhaps their fragile psyche simply can't bear for them to admit that their precious uncle bernie and other liberal masters would ever do anything to mislead them, so they just put their hands over their ears and repeatedly chant "I can't hear you" like a petulant child whenever someone exposes the retarded bullshit they have been fed.  I find their bizarre behavior very baffling...

He’ll continue parroting the proven wrong talking points in other threads. These idiots are idiots for a reason. 

1 hour ago, DeepBreath said:

North Korea

Might as well go where he has friends.   :)

Related image

The effects of wage slavery, be they physical or mental, are devastating. Republicans are proud to wield the lash.

Image result for republican whip cartoon

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, drvoke said:

Nancy Pelosi et al. posing for a photo: Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

This is the kind of common sense social justice legislation that makes me proud to be a Democrat. 

I care about fellow Americans. Do You?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-offer-measure-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-dollar15-per-hour/ar-BBSlnsW?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

Democrats in the House and Senate rolled out a proposal on Wednesday to more than double the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

"A $15 federal minimum wage affirms the bedrock idea of fairness in our country: that hard work deserves a decent wage," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in backing the proposal.

The federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour has not increased in a decade and was based on legislation passed in 2007. It amounts to about $15,000 a year for full-time workers.

"When we put money in the pockets of American workers, they spend that money in their communities. So this bill will stimulate the economy on main street," said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.), chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee.

"We are living today in an American economy that is doing very well for the people on top. Not so well for working families," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who sponsored the Senate version of the bill.

When adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage has been on a steady decline for 50 years.

In 1968, when the minimum wage was $1.60, it was worth the same as $11.79 in 2018 dollars, more than 60 percent above the current level. 

Sanders called the current minimum wage a "starvation wage" and said that the increase would boost paychecks for 40 million people.

The bill offered by Democrats on Wednesday would also require that tipped workers be paid a full minimum wage, and it would eliminate exemptions for teenagers and people with disabilities. It would require automatic increases over time based on median wage growth to ensure the minimum wage's value doesn't decline over time.

Trump has given conflicting signals over his support for raising the minimum wage.

"Having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country," he said in 2015.

At other times, he has expressed support for a $10 minimum wage and said that it "has to go up."

PolitiFact awarded him "a full flip flop" for his shifting positions on the topic in 2016.

Image result for "starvation wages"

where do they have the authority to do jack sh it with labor?

8 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

isn't it funny that 90 percent of the ultra rich are democrats...…..

everyone being busted for abusing women are liberal men

the least charitable party is the democrats 

the least tolerant is the liberals

On 1/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, Nighthawk said:

You are proud to tell everyone how unbelievably fucking stupid you are?  That is kind of a strange thing to be proud of...

If you advocate for incredibly harmful, racist, and moronic MW laws, then you obviously don't, dumbass.

First of all, why the hell does this brainless imbecile believe that when the MW is increased, it will come out of the pockets of the evil CEO?  And secondly, even if it did in such a way that the evil CEO's of these evil employers were forced to work for ZERO and all the money was given to the workers, it would typically only result in them getting another few cents per hour each.  So how the hell does this senile old twit think that is going to "end starvation wages"?

Do you even stop to think for one second before you post your retarded little internet memes, shit-for-brains?  Lol...

Now, go cowardly run away like you always do after I humiliate for your sheer idiocy, you sniveling little pussy.

Bump.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, drvoke said:

This is the kind of common sense social justice legislation that makes me proud to be a Democrat.

Where did drvoke go???  I thought he was supposedly "proud" of this legislation.  So why would someone that is supposedly "proud", cowardly run away like a scared little pansy?  Lol...

Bump.

MW proposals/bills are always short sighted and based almost purely on emotion. If they can make their case quantitatively then I would be far less skeptical

8 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

MW proposals/bills are always short sighted and based almost purely on emotion. If they can make their case quantitatively then I would be far less skeptical

The next idiot lib that I see making anything slightly resembling a rational argument in favor of moronic MW laws that can't be easily demolished with simple logic and reason will be the very first.  All these brainless fucking imbeciles can do is quote some retarded meme from their beloved liberal masters (such as the one in the OP) and then cowardly run away when anyone exposes the idiocy and flaws of the ridiculous bullshit they are spewing.

I have literally lost count of the number of threads on the MW in which I have participated that have turned out just like this one- with me continually bumping the thread to deafening silence as all the supposedly "proud" chickenshit libs have cowardly run for the hills.  Lol...

Bump.

paying some 15 dollars an hour to make a hamburger that costs 8 dollars is a wise investment....not

how stupid are some of you leftists?

Do you not understand by raising labor cost translate into raising the price of the food? 

do you not understand basic economics?

7 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

paying some 15 dollars an hour to make a hamburger that costs 8 dollars is a wise investment....not

how stupid are some of you leftists?

Do you not understand by raising labor cost translate into raising the price of the food? 

do you not understand basic economics?

So trumps tariffs don't raise costs. Don't you know how the economy works?

At least bring it to the same level as 1968, the article said $11.79 an hour so just go to $12.00 an hour and increase it per inflation.

5 hours ago, fourputt said:

At least bring it to the same level as 1968, the article said $11.79 an hour so just go to $12.00 an hour and increase it per inflation.

So just because there was a moronic policy in 1968 means that we should copy it today, dumbass? 

Why the hell should there  be any moronic minimum wage whatsoever, dimwit?

I care about fellow Americans. Do You?

Not Democrats.  Build the Wall.

10 hours ago, dontlooknow said:

who said anything about tariffs? the thread is on raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour

if you want to discuss Tariffs do it in another thread and I address that there.

I haven't seen any costs go up.  What costs have increased because of Trump's tariffs?

Yes they do raise costs, which is why many of those trying to educate liberals on how MW laws are counter-productive, disagree with most tariffs as well.

Did you have a point?

12 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

The next idiot lib that I see making anything slightly resembling a rational argument in favor of moronic MW laws that can't be easily demolished with simple logic and reason will be the very first.  All these brainless fucking imbeciles can do is quote some retarded meme from their beloved liberal masters (such as the one in the OP) and then cowardly run away when anyone exposes the idiocy and flaws of the ridiculous bullshit they are spewing.

I have literally lost count of the number of threads on the MW in which I have participated that have turned out just like this one- with me continually bumping the thread to deafening silence as all the supposedly "proud" chickenshit libs have cowardly run for the hills.  Lol...

Bump.

The first question that I ask and has yet to ever be answered is why only $15. What formula/quantitative method is used to come to this number? Why not $18?