drvoke

Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

Nancy Pelosi et al. posing for a photo: Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

This is the kind of common sense social justice legislation that makes me proud to be a Democrat. 

I care about fellow Americans. Do You?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-offer-measure-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-dollar15-per-hour/ar-BBSlnsW?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

Democrats in the House and Senate rolled out a proposal on Wednesday to more than double the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

"A $15 federal minimum wage affirms the bedrock idea of fairness in our country: that hard work deserves a decent wage," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in backing the proposal.

The federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour has not increased in a decade and was based on legislation passed in 2007. It amounts to about $15,000 a year for full-time workers.

"When we put money in the pockets of American workers, they spend that money in their communities. So this bill will stimulate the economy on main street," said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.), chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee.

"We are living today in an American economy that is doing very well for the people on top. Not so well for working families," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who sponsored the Senate version of the bill.

When adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage has been on a steady decline for 50 years.

In 1968, when the minimum wage was $1.60, it was worth the same as $11.79 in 2018 dollars, more than 60 percent above the current level. 

Sanders called the current minimum wage a "starvation wage" and said that the increase would boost paychecks for 40 million people.

The bill offered by Democrats on Wednesday would also require that tipped workers be paid a full minimum wage, and it would eliminate exemptions for teenagers and people with disabilities. It would require automatic increases over time based on median wage growth to ensure the minimum wage's value doesn't decline over time.

Trump has given conflicting signals over his support for raising the minimum wage.

"Having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country," he said in 2015.

At other times, he has expressed support for a $10 minimum wage and said that it "has to go up."

PolitiFact awarded him "a full flip flop" for his shifting positions on the topic in 2016.

Image result for "starvation wages"

It sounds great in theory.  Problem is unless you cap inflation, corps are simply going to raise costs, cut labor, cut benefits, to offset rising wages.  

Meanwhile the execs will continue to recieve YUGE annual bonus’ in the six & seven figures, whilst lobbying for tax relief and more of the (tax) burden be given to their employees, who they refuse to pay a living wage.

But no SS??

Amazon gave up their stock options for money now

I am sure some gpovernment employess are there now

Zero Dollars an hour sucks

Maybe Trump will pay them.. Can you be sure??

28 minutes ago, drvoke said:

This is the kind of common sense social justice legislation that makes me proud to be a Democrat. 

Why $15?     Why not $30? 
No one can raise a family on $15/hr.    Stupid liberals. 

Minimum wage is  a well-intended attempt by politicians to help the working poor, the problem is the unintended consequences that follows and they don’t see the negative effects of their policies.

Minimum wage eliminates job, cuts existing low wage workers hours, reduces benefits for some and it keeps the lower and under skilled workers from getting their first job.

What politicians failed to grasp is in a market based economy, demand is always a function of price, and the higher the price the lower demand and that rule also applies to labor, yes that supply and demand thing again.

When an employer evaluates their labor and capital needs, cost is a primary factor, when the cost of labour goes up artificially, jobs are lost and certain business makes adjustments to pay for the added costs and who do you think absorbs those costs?

I’m at a loss to understand why politicians interfering with labour costs believes that it is an act of benevolence?

51 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Nancy Pelosi et al. posing for a photo: Dems offer measure to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-offer-measure-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-dollar15-per-hour/ar-BBSlnsW?ocid=spartanntp

Democrats in the House and Senate rolled out a proposal on Wednesday to more than double the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.

"A $15 federal minimum wage affirms the bedrock idea of fairness in our country: that hard work deserves a decent wage," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in backing the proposal.

The federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour has not increased in a decade and was based on legislation passed in 2007. It amounts to about $15,000 a year for full-time workers.

"When we put money in the pockets of American workers, they spend that money in their communities. So this bill will stimulate the economy on main street," said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.), chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee.

"We are living today in an American economy that is doing very well for the people on top. Not so well for working families," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who sponsored the Senate version of the bill.

When adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage has been on a steady decline for 50 years.

In 1968, when the minimum wage was $1.60, it was worth the same as $11.79 in 2018 dollars, more than 60 percent above the current level. 

Sanders called the current minimum wage a "starvation wage" and said that the increase would boost paychecks for 40 million people.

The bill offered by Democrats on Wednesday would also require that tipped workers be paid a full minimum wage, and it would eliminate exemptions for teenagers and people with disabilities. It would require automatic increases over time based on median wage growth to ensure the minimum wage's value doesn't decline over time.

Trump has given conflicting signals over his support for raising the minimum wage.

"Having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country," he said in 2015.

At other times, he has expressed support for a $10 minimum wage and said that it "has to go up."

PolitiFact awarded him "a full flip flop" for his shifting positions on the topic in 2016.

MacDonald's is toxic,  what should happen is that instead of the proposed 20 trillion dollar new green deal that will obviously cost more than all Americans working 60 hours per week at 15 per hour plus all the work of their future generations, we should allow people to move off grid and farm with no mandatory electrical grid pollution. Someone built a crime infested city but this does not mean that we should have to be living there, someone invented grid electricity but this does not mean that we need a mandatory high inflation contract for it, put one trillion dollars in my hand and i will get millions of Americans working on their own non polluting farms.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, drvoke said:

You are proud to tell everyone how unbelievably fucking stupid you are?  That is kind of a strange thing to be proud of...

If you advocate for incredibly harmful, racist, and moronic MW laws, then you obviously don't, dumbass.

First of all, why the hell does this brainless imbecile believe that when the MW is increased, it will come out of the pockets of the evil CEO?  And secondly, even if it did in such a way that the evil CEO's of these evil employers were forced to work for ZERO and all the money was given to the workers, it would typically only result in them getting another few cents per hour each.  So how the hell does this senile old twit think that is going to "end starvation wages"?

Do you even stop to think for one second before you post your retarded little internet memes, shit-for-brains?  Lol...

Now, go cowardly run away like you always do after I humiliate for your sheer idiocy, you sniveling little pussy.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, drvoke said:

Look at the DNC PLANTATION behind PigLosi…..lol

Bernie......he of THREE HOMES......lol

Dam.….Michelle Obama (to the right of PigLosi) looks terrible.....yikes (Michael)

Why not $30/hr?

No one can support a family on $15/hr

On 1/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, drvoke said:

The scientific evidence is overwhelming minimum wage raises cause harm to the poor relying on  minimum wage. 

Another example of scientific illiteracy from the left. 

Why do democrats HATE the poor? 

Just now, Golfboy said:

Why not $30/hr?

Hell.....why not $75,000 per year for all???   These CUCKS are only VIRTUE SIGANLING

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

The scientific evidence is overwhelming minimum wage raises cause harm to the poor relying on  minimum wage. 

Another example of scientific illiteracy from the left. 

Why do democrats HATE the poor? 

They hate....and NEED THEM....

3 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Bump.

These idiots rely on “feeling good” instead of critical thinking and unfortunately the poor will continue to suffer as a result. 

On 1/16/2019 at 7:55 PM, drvoke said:

What happens when small businesses can't afford $15/hr and have to start laying off employees?

Will the dems give them tax breaks to compensate?

Not likely.

4 minutes ago, personreal said:

What happens when small businesses can't afford $15/hr and have to start laying off employees?

Will the dems give them tax breaks to compensate?

Not likely.

You really think the dems actually care about the poor? 😂

3 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

You really think the dems actually care about the poor? 😂

Well...no.

But it might buy them some time while they register all those illegal aliens as democrats.  

Just now, DeepBreath said:

These idiots rely on “feeling good” instead of critical thinking and unfortunately the poor will continue to suffer as a result. 

What I find absolutely bewildering is that even though this pitifully stupid little twit has been thoroughly demolished and humiliated in this thread and will probably cowardly run away from it, never to return, I would be willing to bet that the fucking nimrod probably ***STILL*** thinks that moronic minimum wage laws are a good idea.  It is like no amount of logic, reason, or empirical evidence can ever cause these idiot libs to change their beliefs from what their liberal masters have implanted into them with their brainwashing techniques.   Perhaps their fragile psyche simply can't bear for them to admit that their precious uncle bernie and other liberal masters would ever do anything to mislead them, so they just put their hands over their ears and repeatedly chant "I can't hear you" like a petulant child whenever someone exposes the retarded bullshit they have been fed.  I find their bizarre behavior very baffling...