Fit2Serve

RIP, Carol Channing- 80-year advocate for Minority/LBGTQ Rights

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/broadway-legend-carol-channing-dies-at-97-proud-as-can-1831773851

Thank you Carol, for being a fierce, original Civil Rights advocate for ALL Americans, and for your tireless fight to ensure justice for every citizen, regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, ideology, religious affiliation or non-affiliation, gender, or sexual identity.

Carol was one of our treasured original thinkers. 

Like all Progressives, or anyone else capable of the minimum neural function required to develop any kind of forward-thinking vision that has always propelled homo sapiens into the future, she was ahead of the curve on the arc of Progressive change.

We will miss you, Carol.

Go gentle and easy in the long night, for you truly have earned the right to enter your last house, justified. 

For the last 8 decades, Carol was the tip of the Progressive spear and one of the first minority citizens to challenge the societal status-quo.

She essentially began back in the 1940's to stand up for our most-vulnerable citizens, and power what has become a long-long fight to reshape America's original foundation as a White Apartheid Patriarchy into what we will someday create, i.e., America 2.0. 

Carol fought to establish the American Nation that we CAN become, an America that finally begins to mete-out TRUE justice and TRUE liberty and TRUE equality to ALL of our citizens.

R.I.P, baby. Perhaps, today's momentous Me Too Movement doesn't even happen, without the critical seeds you began to plant some 60 years ago.

She always sounded like Billie Holiday to me.

I saw her in Thoroughly Modern Millie, with Julie Andrews, when I was a prepubescent boy.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, laripu said:

I saw her in Thoroughly Modern Millie, with Julie Andrews, when I was a prepubescent boy.

Welcome home Dolly, hello you prepubescent boy, hello 

her eyes sparkled. A lot of shows. She was ninety seven when she died. If I was her son she would have been thirty seven when she had me. I kind of know what that's like.

imagine Carol singing in place of Ian Gillian this...