guilluamezenz

How To Deal With Jerks

And that's why I don't engage in NHB.

Toxic people don't care about what you say except to manipulate it for their goal. Their goal is to cause upset either through insinuation or through insult.

You can't win. You can only disengage.

It took being called "sh1t-st@in" a few times in NHB to learn that.

I love the way Downey handled that.  Especially at the end when Downey politely exits,  revealing the interviewer as utterly powerless.

In the case of NHB, there is rarely even a rudimentary attempt to camouflage a passive-aggressive attack .  The level of hostility and unreasonable bombast is routinely off the charts.

There are only 3 options in dealing with Trumpanzees-

1. Like the wiser heads here have already suggested, conscientiously choose to disengage, and then completely ignore the following attacks.

2. Politely inquire as to what SPECIFICALLY is causing the particular jerk's obvious societal / cultural / ideological mental instability and/or irrational behavior, and if the inquiry only results in continued a "jerk-ass" attitude, emotional outbursts, displays of gibberish, or direct personal attacks...then  disengage.

3. If you insist on pushing back...offer NO QUARTER, NO MERCY. Just curb-stomp the offender by any means necessary, either as a necessary push-back defensive posture, or as part of a larger corrective action that seeks to reestablish some sanity to the debate. THEN disengage. 

Remember, ALL RIGHT-Wing / Conservative / Republican / Trump Cult debate methodology" is always the same:

1) Constantly lie, employ silly diversionary arguments, and obfuscate the facts.

2) Deny, deny, deny.

3) Revert to personal attacks, ad-hominem nonsensical statements, and Whataboutism. 

Progressives are often faced with infantile displays of societal ignorance and a low-level grasp on facts, indicative of a lack of education, or just irrational nut-job anger that has been programmed into the jerk by self-immersion into FOX News, Breitbart, and/or the 4 maggots spewing hatred 12 hours a day on AM Hate Radio.

Or an ugly combination of all of the above.

I would suggest that any Progressive seeking to understand and be able to fend-off EXACTLY what all the FAKE Conservative Trump Cult freaks are going to be yapping about here on this Internet Forum today, tomorrow, and every day thereafter can ALWAYS be anticipated and then nipped in the bud by simply checking in and listening to 10 - 15 minutes of what Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, and Mark Levin are spewing about this week, every week, all 5 days a week.

You can bet the entire farm that it will be instantly regurgitated here on this Forum and everywhere else on the Web within 12 - 24 hours by the Angry Right.

I see this happening constantly, like clockwork, so KNOWING the next asinine "argument" you will be seeing in print here is a valuable tool.

Head's up.

>> This week, Savage is openly calling for "Violent MILITANT Action" from his Believers as a "last chance to save America." 

Those are his direct words, not mine.

>> Mark Levin has been whimpering all week and last week about the FBI being "a group of dirty cops and out of control Trump Haters."

His words, not mine.

>> Limbaugh has been taking calls from all his listeners and Bad wordtoheads trying to rally support for Trump. Pathetic, really.

NOTE: Don't EVEN waste any of your precious daily seconds tuning-in on any of Sean Hannity's nonsensical radio or TV shows. 

Even Rush, Levin, and Savage have all publicly remarked that Sean just regurgitates whatever he can steal from the other 3.

Sean is incapable of any individualized/ original thought, and always steals directly from the other RWNJ AM radio haters. 

What Mike Savage is screaming about today will be Hannity's show, tomorrow. 

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE. If you are arguing with Trump Supporter, you are arguing with an irrational person. 

Thusly, YOU SHOULD OFFER NO QUARTER TO THE FULLY-COMMITTED TRUMP FOLLOWER.

NO MERCY. 

You guys may see my commentary as aimed at the Conservatives on this Forum as being HARSH, and WAY over the top.

Yes, it is. It is that way BY DESIGN. The ONLY thing they run away from is a DISPLAY OF POWER.  

The reason? >>>> THERE REALLY IS NO CURE FOR THE T-VIRUS!

NO WAY that you or me or anyone will ever create or cause them to change and rejoin the sane, decent rest of America. 

NONE.

The ONLY way ANY Trump Lover will or might eventually recover and re-assess MUST come from within THEM, on their own time and in their own way.

They are beyond being receptive to OUTSIDE THE CULT influences.

Again...THERE IS NO CURE FIR THE TRUMP VIRUS.

We started with about 63 million voters being afflicted back in November 2016......and now, the Cult has shrunk to about 50 million supporters. 

THERE IS NO TREATMENT WE CAN OFFER.

They are ALL in so deep now there is NO WAY THEY CAN TURN BACK.

As a result...as the Trump Train crashes and burns and is reduced to ashes....they will all go down with him, and they will go down HARD, and nasty and angrier than they are right now. Like any other group of addicts.....we must stand back and hope they find a bottom, and begin the INSIDE JOB that all recovering addicts finally choose as a path back to sanity. Remember, about 1 in 5 alcoholics and addicts actually come back, long-term. The Survival and Recovery Rate may be even lower with the Trump Cult.

Folks....there is no happy ending to their romance with the most loathsome man in America....it CANNOT happen, at this point.

No hope of anything WE can do to start the redeeming, the salvaging, or the changing of their minds or attitudes or misguided beliefs of his Trump Cult.

NONE. 

^    ^    ^    Words of wisdom.  I stand in awe.:D   ^    ^    ^ 

Yeah, me too, Fit2Serve.     That pretty much nailed it~     Although, I still can't resist poking them at times for amusement purposes.   

A bit of troubling info "How to join the KKK" is now the fifth most common query on Google up from 300, to say Trump has not emboldened these A-holes is a gross miscalculation.

On 1/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, Fit2Serve said:

Folks....there is no happy ending to their romance with the most loathsome man in America....it CANNOT happen, at this point.

No hope of anything WE can do to start the redeeming, the salvaging, or the changing of their minds or attitudes or misguided beliefs of his Trump Cult.

NONE. 

It's not just the Trump cult.  Some people like Trump because they think he's going to break things that need to be broken open...even though they think he's a dirtbag.  I guess I have at least some sympathy for that perspective, even though I think it's bonkers.

The people on those shows, the callers, and the trolls that frequent political chat boards are just bored losers trying to get attention.  They think they win something if somebody shows some irritation with them.  I suppose they're right.  As you say, there is not really any point.  Ignoring them is the only sensible move.

That's got to be balanced with a militant attention to our own Liberal ideals of fairness and justice and equality and truth.  We engage in efforts to further those ideals in the world and forget the haters who get over by stirring up the rabble.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:38 AM, laripu said:

And that's why I don't engage in NHB.

Toxic people don't care about what you say except to manipulate it for their goal. Their goal is to cause upset either through insinuation or through insult.

You can't win. You can only disengage.

It took being called "sh1t-st@in" a few times in NHB to learn that.

Yeah, it's a clusterfvck... but as long as you don't take it seriously and recognize it for what it is, it has a sort of trash TV-type appeal... sometimes I honestly cannot believe it is real.

The people who actually come to a liberal forum that's literally called liberalforum and push right wing viewpoints are a very special breed.

12 hours ago, Toldya said:

Yeah, it's a clusterfvck... but as long as you don't take it seriously and recognize it for what it is, it has a sort of trash TV-type appeal... sometimes I honestly cannot believe it is real.

The people who actually come to a liberal forum that's literally called liberalforum and push right wing viewpoints are a very special breed.

That's the thing, isn't it?  They consciously want to disrupt and insult. Therefore they're ill-intentioned from the start.

There should be an internet equivalent to "disturbing the peace". When someone goes to a public square and screams insults at passersby, they'll eventually get locked up and hauled in front of a judge. Why should it be different in a public forum?

Of course this isn't public.  But such a rule could be enforced, and if it didn't lose anyone any money ( ;):rolleyes: ) it might be. 

Heard this on the radio this morning.  What a great song.  This one needs to be re-recorded in as many genres as people dig.

Don't you worry 'bout the wicked
Don't you envy those who do wrong
And your innocence will be like the dawn
While the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun