Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

I'm confused and trying to learn.  Some people say the wall is immoral but I don't understand why they say this.  Why is a wall immoral?

 

No one said it. You are confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I've been searching this on the internet I see Pelosi said this.  I don't understand the context of this statement.  There must be a perspective on this I don't understand for her to say this.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

I'm confused and trying to learn.  Some people say the wall is immoral but I don't understand why they say this.  Why is a wall immoral?

 

 They think a wall would be immoral for the same reason that they think America was never great and it would slow their current coup progress of installing a completely different form of dictatorial monarchy government that they think will somehow become a Venezuela utopia etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm thinking... why would someone say this (a wall is immoral).  It must be related to concern for people needing help (healthcare, better living conditions, helping their families improve).  We have so much in this country and I can see how people want to give.   I've traveled around a few times to other countries and the ones I have gone through all controlled their boarders.

 

I just don't see how protecting your boarders is wrong.  We also have many people who give to other countries by donations, mission trips..etc.  

 

I can see this whole wall thing is very complex and way above my head.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

So I'm thinking... why would someone say this (a wall is immoral).  It must be related to concern for people needing help (healthcare, better living conditions, helping their families improve).  We have so much in this country and I can see how people want to give.   I've traveled around a few times to other countries and the ones I have gone through all controlled their boarders.

Try sneaking into Europe, and getting a job. Not gonna happen, even as an American.

3 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

I just don't see how protecting your boarders is wrong.

It's not. Pelosi made that statement, so consider the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chongo said:

 

 They think a wall would be immoral for the same reason that they think America was never great and it would slow their current coup progress of installing a completely different form of dictatorial monarchy government that they think will somehow become a Venezuela utopia etc.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

I'm confused and trying to learn.  Some people say the wall is immoral but I don't understand why they say this.  Why is a wall immoral?

 

Democrats in 2006 wanted a wall (fence), the democrats in 2006 that voted for the wall was the Secure fence act was signed by Bush and endorsed and voted for by 64 Democrats in the House of representatives, and 23 Senators, see if you recognize some of their names?

Barbara Boxer

Dianne Feinstein

Chuck Schumer

Joe Biden

Hillary Clinton

Barack Obama 

 

Any of these names sounds familiar?

 

Why they say its immoral because they think building a wall makes them look like xenophobic and racists.

meanwhile they voted for a fence but to them that isn't the same thing as a wall.

 

2) they don't want the Wall built because that means Trump would keep his campaign promise and they cannot be seen as giving into the outsider Trump.

 

A lot of things Trump proposed the Democrats a decade ago was touting but because its proposed by Trump its not a moral sin.


The hypocrisy of the left

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm now thinking protecting our borders is good.  Agree?  I'm thinking  a wall would provide our public employees (border agents) more safety in how they do their job without a wall.  Would it make it safer for them so that these public employees come home safe every day like every one of us wants to do when we go to work.  It breaks my heart to hear the story of the border agent who was killed on Christmas day and he has a small child.

I hear all the news talk about border security roads, infrastructure..etc,.  I heard this during the president's speech and Nancy Pelosi's speech.  I'm wondering how things like electronic security will stop people from trying to bypass the boarder entry points.  It seems that by not having the wall we will require agents to be put in harms way once an electronic device identifies a person crossing the border in a zone where there is no wall.  I agree there is no perfect system and any can be defeated, but a wall seems like a good starting point and then put the electronics in place in addition to the wall to help resolve the small percentage of places where people are able to defeat the wall (I don't think a wall will be perfect, but it seems it would greatly slow down the rate of crossing at a location other than the designated border entry/exit points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is where I am at so far.

  • Wall is good

  • Safer for agents protecting our borders if we have a wall.

When I listen to both sides (elephant’s and donkey’s = how did either side choose these for their mascot), they both seem to say they want and agree with people entering the country legally.  Right?

Does either side say they support illegal immigration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ConfusedVoter said:

So here is where I am at so far.

 

  • Wall is good

     

  • Safer for agents protecting our borders if we have a wall.

     

When I listen to both sides (elephant’s and donkey’s = how did either side choose these for their mascot), they both seem to say they want and agree with people entering the country legally.  Right?

 

Does either side say they support illegal immigration?

 

 

The wall is stupid. Trump is punishing the whole by shutting down the federal government. Fukk Trump. Impeach the motherfukker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you say a wall is stupid?  I'm trying to really understand this.  What would you suggest we do differently to protect our borders?

 

I'm also thinking that both sides are punishing the country.  One side says no budget WITHOUT a wall included and the other says no budget WITH wall funding included.  Aren't both sides just as bull headed on this topic.  I don't see how any private or public organization could lead with leaders who refuse to work together.  If a person who is not tied to a political party looks at this, they see the chaos.  Both sides are punishing the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConfusedVoter said:

Why do you say a wall is stupid?  I'm trying to really understand this.  What would you suggest we do differently to protect our borders?

 

I'm also thinking that both sides are punishing the country.  One side says no budget WITHOUT a wall included and the other says no budget WITH wall funding included.  Aren't both sides just a bull headed on this topic.  I don't see how any private or public organization could lead with leaders who refuse to work together.  If a person who is not tied to a political party looks at this, they see the chaos.  Both sides are punishing the country.

 

Trump is punishing the country. He'll be impeached,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

It must be related to concern for people needing help (healthcare, better living conditions, helping their families improve).

 

You have it wrong.   They'd be for the wall if Trump was against it.  Then they'd be calling him immoral for THAT.   This isn't about the wall ... it's about Trump.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both sides seem to be punishing the country...Right?  Either side could chose to cooperate and start working towards a mutually agreeable solution.  Isn't that what we elect our representatives to do.  I don't see why we don't hold both sides accountable for our current situation.  It seems a lot of people want a wall and a lot don't.  This is where our elected representatives need to work together to find a solution.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeAChooser said:

 

You have it wrong.   They'd be for the wall if Trump was against it.  Then they'd be calling him immoral for THAT.   This isn't about the wall ... it's about Trump.  

 

 

Bingo 

 

No more needs to be said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

 

You have it wrong.   They'd be for the wall if Trump was against it.  Then they'd be calling him immoral for THAT.   This isn't about the wall ... it's about Trump.  

 

Spot on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, leftwinger said:

 

The wall is stupid. Trump is punishing the whole by shutting down the federal government. Fukk Trump. Impeach the motherfukker.

Ooooopppsssssssie….

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

I'm also thinking that both sides are punishing the country.  One side says no budget WITHOUT a wall included and the other says no budget WITH wall funding included. 

 

No, only one side is punishing THE COUNTRY.   The DemocRATS.  

 

Trump is only punishing the GOVERNMENT for refusing to fund a wall.

 

And most of those government workers are DemocRATS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

Either side could chose to cooperate and start working towards a mutually agreeable solution.

 

You're being naive if you think DemocRATS are going to agree to any mutually agreeable solution.  

 

And let me ask you, what do you think a mutually agreeable solution might be in this case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ConfusedVoter said:

So here is where I am at so far.

 

  • Wall is good

     

  • Safer for agents protecting our borders if we have a wall.

     

When I listen to both sides (elephant’s and donkey’s = how did either side choose these for their mascot), they both seem to say they want and agree with people entering the country legally.  Right?

 

Does either side say they support illegal immigration?

 

 

Have a look at what those that have their lives on the line dealing with the border security problem say.....

 

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/684037990/border-patrol-makes-its-case-for-an-expanded-border-barrier?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, that is way I am chatting on tis forum.  Trump seemed willing to talk about DACA a while back.  

 

It seems to me, we can't fix our issues with immigration without a wall as a first step.  Otherwise the immigration issue with undocumented or illegals keeps on growing.

 

I have to say that the information you are providing me is fantastic.  I was looking for a discussion on the topic and the links are great to help me see the perspective of why a wall is good.

 

Lefty, why is a wall stupid?? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Democrat side would look good if they gave into the wall funding to get the country going again if it weren't for the fact that it was what trump wanted and a campaign promise.  If what most of the folks on this forum say is remotely true, this isn't about the need for a wall and more really about using this topic to get or prevent Trump from getting re-elected in 2 years.

 

Unless someone swings my opinion, I think I'll call my representatives in Congress and let them know I support the funding of the wall.

 

This whole topic seems like it would be easier to understand if one were simply a democrat or republican then I could simply not overthink about it and rest assured that my party had the right perspective on every topic.   Of course, that ain't gonna happen because the folks who are not solid democrats or republicans are the folks with the voting power to swing the vote.  or at least that is what I here during election time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The border wall is immoral because the agenda has ordered the drones to say so.

 

2 hours ago, leftwinger said:

No one said it. You are confused.

 

Asked by "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd in an exclusive interview Pelosi responded:  “The wall is, in my view, immoral, expensive and unwise."

 

 

Image result for funny signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ConfusedVoter said:

If what most of the folks on this forum say is remotely true, this isn't about the need for a wall and more really about using this topic to get or prevent Trump from getting re-elected in 2 years.

It's all agenda and the lefts hatred of Trump winning an election - and of course stirring their agenda pot when they perceive any opportunity to advance their anti-American agenda - regardless of how much it hurts the country. 

 

Take a look at the OP linked below. Don't take my word for it - listen to the leftist politicians in the videos words, then compare it to the lefts actions. If during Obama's terms, he wanted this - the left would have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

 

Look at the videos.

Quote

Unless someone swings my opinion, I think I'll call my representatives in Congress and let them know I support the funding of the wall.

 

Start dialing.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×