Phoenix68

Getting Schooled By Ocasio-Cortez

I like to know how much of her 6 figure salary is Ocassio Cortez going to donate to help the poor?

1 hour ago, sole result said:

Way things are going, America will be rebranded and reconstituted by then.

There is no way the name of this country will be changed. The odds of "rebranding" are infinitesimally low.

What would reconstituted mean?

HwJpsWR.jpg

7 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

I like to know how much of her 6 figure salary is Ocassio Cortez going to donate to help the poor?

I'm more interested in her legislative agenda than her charitable donations.

9 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

1470125315-0.jpg

Just now, Olivaw said:

Same here!

Living in DC, traveling back and forth to her district and running for reelection are all quite expensive.

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

There is no way the name of this country will be changed. The odds of "rebranding" are infinitesimally low.

What would reconstituted mean?

HwJpsWR.jpg

damn you over exaggerate things beyond what is actually taking place.  Ideas change, ancestries never stay the same people reproduced so far or again as life and the universe are a perpetual moving total sum details of getting spaced apart now as only going on here as specifically taking place individually.

20 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

She wants to get more progressives elected she is pissing off her fello Democrats by supporting other candidates  fun fun 

stand-with-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-180x

Stand With Ocasio-Cortez; Tax The $uper-Rich

"America saw massive economic growth and less inequality back when our top tax bracket was even higher than 70 percent. Rep. Ocasio-Cortez has economic research and historical fact on her side – but with Trump Republicans going after her, we need to show that we have her back.

All Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is proposing is going back to the shared prosperity prior to Reagan's nonsense trickle-down economics. Super-rich Americans paid 70 percent tax on all income over $218,000 – around $700,000 in today's dollars – the day Reagan was sworn in. Since then, the richest families have hoarded most of the country's wealth while wage increases for everyone else have stalled."

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Ocasio Cortez has definitely exceeded my expectation. She has normalized ideas that have long been considered off limits in American politics among mainstream politicians. Good for her. 

Normalized?   With who?

56 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Fair enough

But it seems that she doesn't understand basic economics, I cant imagine her legislative agenda will be beneficial to Americans.

What she is suggesting ( taking a page from bernie's playbook) will cause more problems than benefits, all she has to do is do a little research and research her city and what they went through in the mid 1970's. 

I realize she wasn't alive back then and Im sure sure if her parents were living in NYC then, but she needs to take a look at what happened in NYC in the 1970's, Nobody wants to go through that again.

49 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

1470125315-0.jpg

But it seems that she doesn't understand basic economics, I cant imagine her legislative agenda will be beneficial to Americans.

What she is suggesting will cause more problems than benefits, all she has to do is do a little research and research her city and what they went through in the mid 1970's

I realize she wasn't alive back then and Im sure sure if her parents were living in NYC then, but she needs to take a look at what happened in NYC in the 1970's, Nobody wants to go through that again.

Yeah.....WHATEVER YOU DO....make EVERY effort to steer everyone away from The '90s!!!!!!

1993 Deficit Reduction For Dummies

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

web-Bill-Clinton-2.jpg

laughing-smiley-face.gif

7 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:

Yeah.....WHATEVER YOU DO....make EVERY effort to steer everyone away from The '90s!!!!!!

oh the things Democrats say, too funny

Try something you've apparently never actually considered before: fire your incompetent fact checker and educate yourself.

You think that in the 90's economic success was due to the fact the government raised the tax rate on the wealthy? 

LMAO.

Tell you what after you take Econ 101, lets talk.

38 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

1470125315-0.jpg

oh the things Democrats say, too funny

relaxing-outside-smiley-emoticon.gif

i.e. Ya' got NOTHIN'!!!

Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating."

—Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit."

—Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up."

—Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower."

—Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction."

—Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     moon-from-car.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

3 minutes ago, Phoenix68 said:

i.e. Ya' got NOTHIN'!!!

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     moon-from-car.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif     crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm pleased you know how to copy and paste, maybe tomorrow you will learn what route to take to visit the zoo and see the lions , tigers and bears ... oh my ,In other words, you are completely unqualified to have an opinion on anything in economics

You must have copied and pasted that from one of your left wing mindless bloggers.

Newt Gingrich... please... loser. a man who has written at least 9 NSF checks to the House bank, first congress person to be forced to reimburse the house 330K

Robert Packwood, the man who the republicans threatened expulsion so he resigned, the man is as crooked as they come

Phil Gramm, of the architects of the GLB act that lead to the 2008 financial crisis

Bob Dole .. another loser who got smoked by Bill Clinton in the 1996 presidential election and was smoked by Jimmy carter in the 1976 election as he was Ford's running mate.

This is your Proof with your silly emoji's?

Do you even pay attention to these things before you post them?  Or are you doing a parody of leftist ignorance?

2 minutes ago, chairmanOFTB said:

mad-men-jig-1.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.gi

I'm pleased you know how to copy and paste, maybe tomorrow you will learn what route to take to visit the zoo and see the lions , tigers and bears ... oh my ,In other words, you are completely unqualified to have an opinion on anything in economics

You must have copied and pasted that from one of your left wing mindless bloggers.

Newt Gingrich... please... loser. a man who has written at least 9 NSF checks to the House bank, first congress person to be forced to reimburse the house 330K

Robert Packwood, the man who the republicans threatened expulsion so he resigned, the man is as crooked as they come

Phil Gramm, of the architects of the GLB act that lead to the 2008 financial crisis

Bob Dole .. another loser who got smoked by Bill Clinton in the 1996 presidential election and was smoked by Jimmy carter in the 1976 election as he was Ford's running mate.

happy-tears-smiley-emoticon.gif

Teaching Rookies About The Marginal Tax-Rate

January 9, 2019

"This weekend, “60 Minutes” aired an interview with the self-described “radical” rookie Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. In it she proposed hiking the top marginal tax rate to fund green energy inve$tment$.

As she explained:

“You look at our tax rates back in the ’60s and when you have a progressive tax rate system, your tax rate, you know, let’s say, from zero to $75,000 may be 10 percent or 15 percent, et cetera. But once you get to, like, the tippy tops, on your 10 millionth dollar, sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60 or 70 percent. That doesn’t mean all $10 million are taxed at an extremely high rate, but it means that as you climb up this ladder you should be contributing more.”

Republican Congressman Steve Scalise quickly took to Twitter to register his objection: Republicans: Let Americans keep more of their own hard-earned money. Democrats: Take away 70% of your income and give it to leftist fantasy programs.”

Ocasio-Cortez tweeted back: Youre the GOP Minority Whip. How do you not know how marginal tax rates work?”

Republican Pushback + Common Error

January 7, 2019

"Minority Whip Steve Scalise likely knows how tax brackets work and is just using this as a shorthand to attack Ocasio-Cortez’s proposal. But he’s playing on a broader misunderstanding of tax brackets among Americans. Every tax season, I come across an astounding number of people who believe that you find your “tax bracket” and then pay that rate on all your income. They’ll say things like, “I got a raise, but it bumped me into the next bracket, so I paid more in taxes.”

That isnt how it works."

On 1/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, Olivaw said:

She is only focused on her green deal whatever it is 

On 1/10/2019 at 6:42 PM, MidnightMax said:

I guess that is WHY Democrap PRESIDENT KENNEDY CUT THE MARGINAL TAX RATES so that ECONOMIC GROWTH in the 60's BOOMED, huh???

On 1/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, Phoenix68 said:

Who knew Scalise actually had a groupie??

I figure.....people should see what has you (and, Stevie-Boy) so confused....

3657378_300.jpg

"Suppose you are half of a married couple filing taxes jointly; the two of you report your combined incomes, that is. Further suppose, God willing, that you earned $610,000 last year, after all exemptions and deductions. In that case, you will be in the top marginal tax bracket of 37 percent: the bottom line above. But that does not mean your income is being taxed at 37 percent. By the same logic, it would not be taxed at 70 percent if that were the marginal rate, as Scalise incorrectly suggested.

In fact, for those who like arithmetic or just want to understand the simple math behind their own earned income tax bill, the total IRS tab on a $610,000 joint income would be the following:

$1,905 (10 percent of $19,050)
+$7,002 (12 percent of the next $58,350 you earned)
+$19,272 (22 percent of the next $87,600 you earned)
+$36,000 (24 percent of the next $150,000)
+$27,200 (32 percent of the next $85,000)
+$70,000 (35 percent of the next $200,000)
+$3,700 (37 percent of everything earned above $600,000)
= a total IRS bill of $165,079

Remember that I’ve given you an earned income, adjusted for exemptions and deductions, of $610,000, So what percentage does your tax bite of $165,079 represent? You don’t even need a calculator for this, but I’ll use one anyway. The answer: about 27 percent.

You get the distinction, right? Your top marginal rate is 37 percent. But you’re only paying 27 percent in taxes because it’s a “progressive” tax system. As you make more, your tax rate progresses into tax “brackets” where the rate on your marginal income — the income above that margin — gets higher.

Pretty amazing.....what can be accomplished with a lil' education....especially since it's been such a short-time....since Teabaggers/Trumpoids learned to wear shoes....full-time!!

And the Democrats have invited her on the financial committee, this ought to be interesting Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters

talking about dumb and dumber