Sign in to follow this  
DeepBreath

How would our country look if ONLY NET contributors to the federal government could vote in federal elections?

https://taxfoundation.org/60-percent-households-now-receive-more-transfer-income-they-pay-taxes/

60 Percent of Households Now Receive More in Transfer Income Than they Pay in Taxes

It's really easy to volunteer other people's money to hand to yourselves isn't it welfare mooches? 

Do you think we'd have a large entitlement welfare system without you tit suckers voting yourselves other people money? 

This also proves that ONLY 40% of the posters on this board are net contributors and I'm reasonably sure NONE of you from the left are. 🤣

Just now, impartialobserver said:

This will never happen. Politicians (on both sides) crave the adoration of the masses. 

Oh, I KNOW politicians hand out other people's HARD EARNED money for votes which in turn vote themselves MORE of other people's money.

Do you think this would be the case if ONLY contributors could vote? 

Just now, DeepBreath said:

Oh, I KNOW politicians hand out other people's HARD EARNED money for votes which in turn vote themselves MORE of other people's money.

Do you think this would be the case if ONLY contributors could vote? 

Probably not. However, you face virtually insurmountable odds trying to get this to pass given the current system and legal structure. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

Probably not. However, you face virtually insurmountable odds trying to get this to pass given the current system and legal structure. 

Probably not? 🤣

So basically, we have a majority of people who take and accuse the givers of being selfish. 🤣

Time to get back to the values that made America the best country on earth. Start with:

A. Self sufficiency. You cannot contribute to society until you first become self sufficient. 

2 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

Probably not? 🤣

So basically, we have a majority of people who take and accuse the givers of being selfish. 🤣

Time to get back to the values that made America the best country on earth. Start with:

A. Self sufficiency. You cannot contribute to society until you first become self sufficient. 

I abhor those who go 95 mph and weave in/out of traffic on the freeway but given the current social/legal climate, they are going to exist. There is no way to eliminate them. 

I agree with you but this is fantasy much like saying that New Mexico State will win a national championship in college football. 

I abhor those who go 95 mph and weave in/out of traffic on the freeway but given the current social/legal climate, they are going to exist. There is no way to eliminate them. 

Sure there is. Values. They're what guide society and right now, we have none. 

Sure there is. Values. They're what guide society and right now, we have none. 

You would need politicians to not crave the spotlight and need to be lauded as heroes/saviors to the masses. Good luck with that. 

Besides, no politician is willing to fall on the sword of stripping away voting rights from legal citizens. 

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You would need politicians to not crave the spotlight and need to be lauded as heroes/saviors to the masses. Good luck with that. 

Besides, no politician is willing to fall on the sword of stripping away voting rights from legal citizens. 

WE vote politicians in. IF every voter in America agreed on certain conditions, regardless of ideology, we could get the kinds of honorable and values driven politicians in office. 

Now of course, most Americans are too stupid to understand or realize the actual power they have over the political system because they're brainwashed to be partisan hacks. 🤣

WE vote politicians in. IF every voter in America agreed on certain conditions, regardless of ideology, we could get the kinds of honorable and values driven politicians in office. 

Now of course, most Americans are too stupid to understand or realize the actual power they have over the political system because they're brainwashed to be partisan hacks. 🤣

Getting two people to do something in unison or concert is hard enough let alone hundreds of millions. Gandhi was able to do so only because the population was universally poor and there was one clear enemy (the British Empire). 

Getting two people to do something in unison or concert is hard enough let alone hundreds of millions. Gandhi was able to do so only because the population was universally poor and there was one clear enemy (the British Empire). 

Just need the right leader. 

Of course. It gets pretty depressing watching the same things happen regardless of which party is "in power". 

giving a rat's A$$ about politics does not put zeroes on the paycheck, put food on the table, or anything tangible in the short term. This conversation is not going to help my commute not suck nor will it help me in my pursuit of removing 100 lb stumps from my backyard. 

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

giving a rat's A$$ about politics does not put zeroes on the paycheck, put food on the table, or anything tangible in the short term. This conversation is not going to help my commute not suck nor will it help me in my pursuit of removing 100 lb stumps from my backyard. 

But it may put way more money in your paycheck instead of in campaign coffers, and through greed, fraud and corruption.

But, I doubt you’re one of the 40% who actually contribute so you wouldn’t have a say anyway, mooch. 

But it may put way more money in your paycheck instead of in campaign coffers, and through greed, fraud and corruption.

But, I doubt you’re one of the 40% who actually contribute so you wouldn’t have a say anyway, mooch. 

Not in the short term. Changes to one's paycheck take time.

You make a lot of assumptions. And I thought that you were reasonably intelligent. My bad. 

Not in the short term. Changes to one's paycheck take time.

You make a lot of assumptions. And I thought that you were reasonably intelligent. My bad. 

That I’m usually right on about, mooch. 

How much welfare you sucking in annually? 

1 minute ago, DeepBreath said:

That I’m usually right on about, mooch. 

How much welfare you sucking in annually? 

0 but that was a nice try. Keep playing. Its the effort that counts. 

0 but that was a nice try. Keep playing. Its the effort that counts. 

Yes, because you can be anything on the anonymous internet! 

Let me guess. Small business owner who doesn’t even know what a P&L statement is? 🤣

You’re a tit sucker. I can smell the dried milk on your posts.

Yes, because you can be anything on the anonymous internet! 

Let me guess. Small business owner who doesn’t even know what a P&L statement is? 🤣

You’re a tit sucker. I can smell the dried milk on your posts.

Nope. Programmer. More assumptions... and you say that are smart. Only idiots make wild assumptions. I will freely admit that I know nothing about you and don't care. 

50 minutes ago, DeepBreath said:

https://taxfoundation.org/60-percent-households-now-receive-more-transfer-income-they-pay-taxes/

60 Percent of Households Now Receive More in Transfer Income Than they Pay in Taxes

It's really easy to volunteer other people's money to hand to yourselves isn't it welfare mooches? 

Do you think we'd have a large entitlement welfare system without you tit suckers voting yourselves other people money? 

This also proves that ONLY 40% of the posters on this board are net contributors and I'm reasonably sure NONE of you from the left are. 🤣

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

Benjamin Franklin

Nope. Programmer. More assumptions... and you say that are smart. Only idiots make wild assumptions. 

Ya, SURE you are. 🤣

Judging from my transcripts and finishing at the top of my class for a BSN, my intellect speaks for itself. 

You're a liar. 

1 minute ago, personreal said:

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

Benjamin Franklin

Yup. Time to put an end to it. No vote unless you're one of the 40% who contribute. 

Ya, SURE you are. 🤣

Judging from my transcripts and finishing at the top of my class for a BSN, my intellect speaks for itself. 

You're a liar. 

Prove it. No opinions, rhetoric, name calling, subjectivity. 

I admit that this is not what I had in mind during grad school but as of yet, it is a fine gig. 

22 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Apparently you're not aware that Gandhi was a muslime-lover traitor of the Indian people, shipped in from South Africa by the British, to favor the filthy Muslim scourge to sprout root and get recognition in the sub-continent.

After the job was done he became a liability ... and the British made sure, by proxy, that he went away.

The b astard should have been shot the moment he set foot on land.