BeAChooser

Trump: I could declare a national emergency to get border wall

4 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

Harry...you & your kind want to shut Milo down...not me.

What does that make you besides a Insomniac ?

Yes, I feel sorry for those who canât move past Bobâs voice, he has plenty to say! 

My advice is always talk it up, boys, but don't blame me if some big bad Beaner knocks you flat on your ass.  Free speech can be - very expensive, especially when pissing people off.

4 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

...some big bad Beaner knocks you flat on your ass. 

FK beaners harry...we want brown shirts to shut down free speech and I'm still trying to connect the dots of why you first used the PIC !

Lets move Harry....you're getting stale !

any time

2 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

FK beaners harry...we want brown shirts to shut down free speech and I'm still trying to connect the dots of why you first used the PIC !

Lets move Harry....you're getting stale !

any time

We want no one to shut down free speech but there is a time and a place for it.  If a speaker is too hot, causing issues, move them...

1 minute ago, dontlooknow said:

Does anything that beachooser won't lick trumps balls over ever happen. 

Not that I've seen.

1 minute ago, Harryhands said:

Not that I've seen.

He comes with this off the wall bull shot 

9 hours ago, DeepBreath said:

Actually, the constitution calls for national defense which of course the wall is. 

Whats not not in the constitution is college, healthcare, income, housing and food stamps. 

So shut  your ignorant mouth, bitch.

A wall on the southern border does not defend against ANY military threat.  It is not "national defense".  Except in the paranoid fantasy of an out-of-breath clown.

16 minutes ago, bludog said:

A wall on the southern border does not defend against ANY military threat.  It is not "national defense".  Except in the paranoid fantasy of an out-of-breath clown.

your opinion dumbass

1 hour ago, bludog said:

If there were to be an invasion and it's a national emergency wouldnt there be all branches of the armed services there?

Or the invasion is just so slow that by the time it gets here the wall be in place?

And if that's the case it will be years before any invasion is stopped.

Trump isn't making sense once again. Hes just lying to rile up his dwindling followers.

9 hours ago, Squatchman said:

What I dont understand is that people think Bob Dylan can sing.

He can clearly sing, he just lacks the voice for it. He is a great musician and poet, for sure.

I dont like Dylan at all.

Before my time I guess.

I like me something with screaming guitars,killer drums and brutal bass.

Being a guitar player,Dangerous Dave,Captain Kirk and all associated with them is what I listen to.

Songs like Holy Wars,Tornado of Souls,Creeping Death,One,Hangar 18 and Master of Puppets are the pinnacle of music for me.

Trump could also be negotiating with Mexico for them to pay for the wall like he promised. It seems like trump knew all along he was bulls hitting given the half assed and half hearted attempts to make Mexico pay.

trump: el presidente I command you to pay for the wall!

el presidente: fcuk you Bad word!

trump: well, ok . At least I tried enough to satisfy the suckers in my badry

19 hours ago, BeAChooser said:

No. He can’t. Only Congress can appropriate for funds. 

I told you it’s going to be a hard learning curve for dotard. Nancy Pelosi now has her boot firmly up his ass. 

He’ll be resigning by the end of the year looking for a pardon anyway.

1 hour ago, Duck615 said:

your opinion dumbass

Bless you and keep you, my son.🙏

14 hours ago, Harryhands said:

That is on ICE.  That's their job.

And the cop wouldn't be dead if the other guy wasn't worried about being deported...

No, it's not on ICE because CA is a sanctuary state, and never informed ICE of his arrest.   Dumbass. 

The State had him in custody, and let him go without telling ICE. 

This is on you idiots. 

11 minutes ago, skews13 said:

No. He can’t. Only Congress can appropriate for funds. 

I told you it’s going to be a hard learning curve for dotard. Nancy Pelosi now has her boot firmly up his ass. 

He’ll be resigning by the end of the year looking for a pardon anyway.

Precedent is a hard thing for liberals to understand. 

We warned you about giving Obama those powers, but you did it anyway.

Now Trump can use them too. 

Congratulations, dumbass. 

9 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

No, it's not on ICE because CA is a sanctuary state, and never informed ICE of his arrest.   Dumbass. 

The State had him in custody, and let him go without telling ICE. 

Link?  That's not how it works and I bet it didn't happen that way.

ICE just usually doesn't come to pick people up, they're busy...

Just now, Harryhands said:

Link?  That's not how it works and I bet it didn't happen that way.

ICE just usually doesn't come to pick people up, they're busy...

You need to pull your head out of Obama's ass and get some air. 

Your policy, your fault.

Did California sanctuary law protect alleged cop killer? 

Suspected cop-killer captured in California, officials blame sanctuary law

ICE had no contact with suspect in officer's killing before arrest

Sheriff Takes Aim At California Sanctuary Law After Cop Killer

Sheriff: California 'Provided Sanctuary' to Illegal Arrested for Cop Killing

18 hours ago, leftwinger said:

Couldn't agree more.

then you'd cry discrimination when employers fired all the immigrants.

11 minutes ago, Golfboy said:

"

Arriaga was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the Madera County town of Chowchilla on June 5, 2014, more than three years before the state’s sanctuary law prohibited local law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration authorities. It is unclear whether Madera County officials knew of Arriaga’s immigration status or alerted federal authorities.

Chowchilla Police Chief David Riviere told The Chronicle on Friday that Arriaga also had a warrant out for his arrest for driving unlicensed and not having insurance."

Sounds like the locals are unsure how to even do their jobs, one of which is letting the Feds know who they arrest...

Gustavo Perez ArriagaStanislaus County Sheriff's Dept.Gustavo Perez Arriaga, 32, an immigrant from Mexico living illegally in California, has been charged with homicide for shooting and killing a police officer during a traffic stop. This has prompted yet more debate over the state's sanctuary laws. But it's increasingly clear that those sanctuary rules aren't to blame.

Newman, California, Police Cpl. Ronil Singh pulled over Arriaga last Wednesday for suspicion of drunken driving. Arriaga is accused of shooting Singh and fleeing. He was arrested on Friday near Bakersfield following a statewide manhunt, apparently while attempting to flee back to Mexico. Seven others, including Arriaga's brother, were arrested for allegedly attempting to help him evade the police.

As this story played out, critics immediately attempted to blame California's status as a "sanctuary state," where law enforcement agencies face restrictions in cooperating or passing along information to federal immigration officials about a person's residency status. The sheriff of Stanislaus County, Adam Christianson, a Republican who embraces Donald Trump's attitudes toward immigration, held a press conference to point the finger at the state's sanctuary laws. Arriaga had previously been arrested for driving under the influence, and the implication where was that sanctuary laws somehow prevented police from communicating to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that Arriaga was some sort of threat or danger.

But there are a lot of problems with that claim. First of all, SB 54, the legislation that made California a "sanctuary state," passed in 2017 and was implemented only this year. Arriaga's previous arrests happened in 2014 in Chowchilla in Madera County. Prior to the passage of SB 54, some California cities and counties had their own sanctuary rules restricting police from passing along information about a person's immigration status except for serious crimes. But neither Madera County nor Chowchilla was among them. Indeed, Madera County officials have been accused of attempting to craft secret policies to cooperate with ICE to hand over illegal immigrants when they get detained. Not exactly what one would describe as a "sanctuary."

What seems to have actually happened is that police never asked Arriaga about his immigration status when he was arrested and charged with those previous DUIs, according to Chowchilla Police Chief David Riviere. Officials from ICE confirmed over the weekend that they had never requested that Arriaga be held for possible deportation because they had never had any encounters with him.

Sanctuary cities had nothing to do with why Arriaga was still in the United States. The reality was that he was arrested for a common crime—drunken driving—that may be a problem but was not an indication that Arriaga was violent. Now the coverage is talking about his potential gang ties, but there's still no sign of a violent history.

This attempt to make sanctuary cities the villains resembles President Trump's recent advertisement attempting to blame Democratic immigration policies for a cop-killer named Luis Bracamontes. In that case, it turned out that it was the office of then–Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a notorious border hawk, in Maricopa County, Arizona, that released the guy from custody following a drug arrest in 1998.

That doesn't mean Arpaio is responsible for Bracamontes' killings any more than sanctuary cities are responsible for what Arriaga is charged with. But it does show that even when you look closely at the most extreme cases of illegal immigrants committing violent crimes, it's difficult to find a policy silver bullet.

Sanctuary cities don't foster crime. If anything, they create an environment where immigrants are more comfortable turning to law enforcement to talk to them about crimes. Immigrant communities, even those with people in the country here illegally, are not incubators of criminal activity.

Related: ReasonTV's Zach Weissmueller explored what conservatives and restrictionists get wrong about immigration when it was a big campaign issue in the 2016 election. Watch below:

Photo Credit: Santislaus County Sheriff's Dept.

Scott Shackford is an associate editor at Reason.com

6 minutes ago, Harryhands said:

"

Arriaga was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in the Madera County town of Chowchilla on June 5, 2014, more than three years before the state’s sanctuary law prohibited local law enforcement from cooperating with federal immigration authorities. It is unclear whether Madera County officials knew of Arriaga’s immigration status or alerted federal authorities.

Chowchilla Police Chief David Riviere told The Chronicle on Friday that Arriaga also had a warrant out for his arrest for driving unlicensed and not having insurance."

Sounds like the locals are unsure how to even do their jobs, one of which is letting the Feds know who they arrest...

Your policy, your responsibility.  

Be proud.  Along with your open border policy, we'll have a lot more of this.