Sign in to follow this  
DennisTheMenace

'Leaked' Video Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Dancing Goes Viral

5c2e766f01c0ea07700766d7-1334-667.jpg

Democrats know how to dance?  

As Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was being sworn in to Congress on Thursday, a video apparently intending to smear the young Democrat was being widely shared on Twitter. But attempts to bash the freshman congresswoman backfired after the clip, which shows a college-aged Ocasio-Cortez dancing gleefully, went viral.

The video originated from a right-wing Twitter account that was trying to peddle an allegedly scandalous video of Ocasio-Cortez dancing. It was watermarked as a LiveLeak video purportedly filmed while the congresswoman was in “high school.”

In a now-deleted tweet, AnonymousQ1776, an account with apparent ties to QAnon conspiracy theorists, wrote: “Here is America’s favorite commie know-it-all acting like the clueless nitwit she is.”

The clip is actually from a longer video filmed while Ocasio-Cortez was a student at Boston University ― not while she was in high school, as the original poster suggested.

It was filmed for the university’s Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground, Eric Calvin Baker, a 2013 Boston University alum who helped make the video, told HuffPost.

Baker, who is currently in graduate school at Syracuse University, said it was filmed when viral dance videos were “a fad” in 2010. Ocasio-Cortez may have been “20 or 21,” he said. 

“We were student ambassadors at the Howard Thurman Center, and Sandy [Ocasio-Cortez’ nickname] was like the face of the center,” Baker said. “So Julian Jensen [also in the video] and I cast her and our other friends.”

This video is a “Lisztomania” Brat Pack Mashup, a homage to an earlier viral video that mashed up the 2009 song by the band Phoenix with the dance scene from the 1985 cult classic “The Breakfast Club.” Phoenix played a show in Boston later that semester.

In 2010, the then-assistant director of the center told the university’s media website, BU Today, that the the video showcased the “vibrancy and spirit of our community.”

Many on Twitter seemed to find the short clip endearing and relatable, rather than controversial.

Baker didn’t seem surprised at the video going viral, given the recent rise in media attention following Ocasio-Cortez’s victory.

“I realized when she [Ocasio-Cortez] was running [for Congress] that this video may pop up,” Baker said. “I use it for my portfolio still … but I disabled comments because people found it and made it way too political for what it is is, which is really just a dance party on a roof.” 

By Thursday evening, the congresswoman hadn’t publicly responded to the clip of her dancing, and a representative for Ocasio-Cortez did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

However, Ally Sheedy, who starred in the original “Breakfast Club,” did weigh in on the congresswoman’s performance.

“I LOVE THIS,” she tweeted

STFU YOU PUSSYBOY COWARD CHILD MOLESTER!!

Retardocons are stupid  old lecherous a-holes. King is a prime example.

1 hour ago, neue regel said:

What she lacks in brains she more than makes up for in boobs. 

:)

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

The faux outrage of Conservatives concerning this video is both comical and disheartening. 

I saw the video...didn't see anything wrong with it.

Now start yer own thread and share with us the faux outrage on the left.

I wonder if the shirtflingers even realize that video was a mashup of “Breakfast Club” to promote Boston U. ?

1 minute ago, personreal said:

I saw the video...didn't see anything wrong with it.

Now start yer own thread and share with us the faux outrage on the left.

Faux outrage of the left.... there is not enough space on this forum's server for that. Every time Trump twitches a muscle there is a proverbial wave of faux outrage. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Faux outrage of the left.... there is not enough space on this forum's server for that. Every time Trump twitches a muscle there is a proverbial wave of faux outrage. 

Agreed...the broadband does have its limits.   LOL

5 minutes ago, personreal said:

Agreed...the broadband does have its limits.   LOL

They don't realize that their consistent overreaction to every word he says helps his re-election chances. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

They don't realize that their consistent overreaction to every word he says helps his re-election chances. 

I often worry about that.  The media continues to do what they did to help get him elected in the first place:  cover him relentlessly, make a huge deal out of every time he farts, and then the rabid hateful bitter Hillary supporters who just cannot let it go jump right on board and feed the fire, keep telling us all how terrible he is and how everything he does is the new sign of the apocalypse.  

Still, ignoring him might be more dangerous, malignant narcissist that he is.

Just now, Hex2 said:

Gorgeous girl.

I'd dance with her.

I cannot find anything remotely objectionable about college kids dancing around being silly.  And yes, she's awesome.

1 minute ago, splunch said:

I cannot find anything remotely objectionable about college kids dancing around being silly.  And yes, she's awesome.

Cons just pissed they don't have any beautiful women.

Best they've been able to come up with is man Coulter

4 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

What's not to love?. Enthusiastic young people showing pride in their university. 

I know, right?  Is this really a thing of some kind, or is this just the media pretending it's a thing to try to create hits for their websites.  Nobody gives a fvck about this, do they?

Will she pay for healthcare for all by spinning in circles like a 4-year-old?

Bigger tits than I expected though. Wheres the part where she fell off the roof? she obviously fell off the roof.

34 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Impeachment threats won't help them either.

benson just started this thread...

"House Democrats roll out massive plan to protect elections, protect voters, and strengthen ethics"

The coffee went through my nose and onto the screen.   LOL

5 minutes ago, personreal said:

Impeachment threats won't help them either.

benson just started this thread...

"House Democrats roll out massive plan to protect elections, protect voters, and strengthen ethics"

The coffee went through my nose and onto the screen.   LOL

I have to give them kudos for staying strong in their delusion about impeachment. 2 years and nothing has changed yet they keep going strong day after day.  I am also amazed that more Americans don't tune this out more. It is essentially crying wolf. 

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I have to give them kudos for staying strong in their delusion about impeachment. 2 years and nothing has changed yet they keep going strong day after day.  I am also amazed that more Americans don't tune this out more. It is essentially crying wolf. 

And it won't help.

The repubs pushed impeachment on Clinton...and he actually committed perjury and lost his law license.

And it wound up hurting the repubs. 

39 minutes ago, splunch said:

I often worry about that.  The media continues to do what they did to help get him elected in the first place:  cover him relentlessly, make a huge deal out of every time he farts, and then the rabid hateful bitter Hillary supporters who just cannot let it go jump right on board and feed the fire, keep telling us all how terrible he is and how everything he does is the new sign of the apocalypse.  

Still, ignoring him might be more dangerous, malignant narcissist that he is.

Like all things, there is a spectrum. At the extreme are those who write page-long diatribes about how him farting is the second coming of Sauron (or something similar to that) and at the other is those who pay it no mind. Why not be a bit in the middle and pick one's battles? 

1 minute ago, personreal said:

And it won't help.

The repubs pushed impeachment on Clinton...and he actually committed perjury and lost his law license.

And it wound up hurting the repubs. 

Well in the end, they will not quit. The internet makes it too easy to ramble on about this stuff and not have any substance/evidence to back it up. So in the end, Trump will win again.