Craig234

Sadly, there are a lot of hateful, racist little people

The war for reducing bigotry has a long way to go, and the bigots in NHB are just a little taste.

There's a happy, nice video game called "Chuchel".

It inadvertently made its character black and look like "blackface". This was pointed out to them, and they just announced they don't want to even look like they're doing anything to support hateful things, and are changing the artstyle from black with orange features to orange with black features. It's no problem and the right thing to do.

Many gamers have posted responses to the announcement attacking them for doing this, showing desire to have the blackface and attacking them for 'bending over' to black people.

chuchel-cherry-edition.jpg

On December 25, 2018 at 2:13 PM, Craig234 said:

The war for reducing bigotry has a long way to go, and the bigots in NHB are just a little taste.

There's a happy, nice video game called "Chuchel".

It inadvertently made its character black and look like "blackface". This was pointed out to them, and they just announced they don't want to even look like they're doing anything to support hateful things, and are changing the artstyle from black with orange features to orange with black features. It's no problem and the right thing to do.

Many gamers have posted responses to the announcement attacking them for doing this, showing desire to have the blackface and attacking them for 'bending over' to black people.

chuchel-cherry-edition.jpg

They are fat uneducated old white farts.

a prerequisite of posting here

I don't play video games, but new Chuchel vaguely reminds me of someone. Who could it be now?

9b01ac0237c05d851e470b3d1b0a0822d210e81c

It is ah, pretty disgusting how people do not think things through much. 

Recently there was this horrible incident in California of an illegal immigrant who killed a young policeman on a pretty much routine drunk driving stop.This illegal immigrant re-entered through Arizona, he'd already been guilty of two straight-forward drunk driving charges.

Authorities are blaming sanctuary cities lack luster actions regarding criminal behavior of illegal immigrants. And yes, as one would suspect, Donald Trump chimed in tweeting:

"There is right now a full scale manhunt going on in California for an illegal immigrant accused of shooting and killing a police officer during a traffic stop. Time to get tough on Border Security. Build the Wall!"

And sure, this creep should have been dealt with the first time, there can be absolutely no question about that. 

This should go for anybody, illegal or natural citizen. Most definitely, common sense, right?

And yet, people take it to extreme. In this case, which is absolutely tragic, nothing gets solved by placing the blame on all illegal immigrants. When a white kid who is a naturalized citizen goes into a school and shoots other kids, that too is a huge problem. 

When a black person kills other black people on city street, that too is a problem. 

A huge problem for all people, no matter the color of their skin or where they came from. 

When a Saudi Prince kills a journalist, has his body slivered into small pieces, same thing goes for any human being who commits, or ordained or orders such acts.

These small racists people have always been there all my life, I'm sure long before I was ever born. 

The question is or should be why?

I mean if you want to solve anything, it should be a consideration at the very least.

Why don't we have a better immigration policy US congress? 

What steps should we take to deal with inequality? How can we promote true liberty, all the while knowing that no perfect legislation is possible?

I came from the Midwest in 1985, I married a girl from Vietnam, my kids went through K-12 with a very diverse group of other children, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc...

I have a large degree of hope. But I live in San Francisco, and maybe that's a mirage.

Oh God, I hope not.

Peace!

Racism is just someone who can't handle the truth about themselves being less than they try to portray by degrading and attacking others because they are different and they don't think its fair others deserve the same opportunity.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:22 AM, fourputt said:

Racism is just someone who can't handle the truth about themselves being less than they try to portray by degrading and attacking others because they are different and they don't think its fair others deserve the same opportunity.

I've always called it "I'm taller because you're shorter".

But no one grows by cutting someone else off at the knees.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, TheOldBarn said:

It is ah, pretty disgusting how people do not think things through much. 

Recently there was this horrible incident in California of an illegal immigrant who killed a young policeman on a pretty much routine drunk driving stop.This illegal immigrant re-entered through Arizona, he'd already been guilty of two straight-forward drunk driving charges.

Authorities are blaming sanctuary cities lack luster actions regarding criminal behavior of illegal immigrants. And yes, as one would suspect, Donald Trump chimed in tweeting:

"There is right now a full scale manhunt going on in California for an illegal immigrant accused of shooting and killing a police officer during a traffic stop. Time to get tough on Border Security. Build the Wall!"

And sure, this creep should have been dealt with the first time, there can be absolutely no question about that. 

This should go for anybody, illegal or natural citizen. Most definitely, common sense, right?

And yet, people take it to extreme. In this case, which is absolutely tragic, nothing gets solved by placing the blame on all illegal immigrants. When a white kid who is a naturalized citizen goes into a school and shoots other kids, that too is a huge problem. 

When a black person kills other black people on city street, that too is a problem. 

A huge problem for all people, no matter the color of their skin or where they came from. 

When a Saudi Prince kills a journalist, has his body slivered into small pieces, same thing goes for any human being who commits, or ordained or orders such acts.

These small racists people have always been there all my life, I'm sure long before I was ever born. 

The question is or should be why?

I mean if you want to solve anything, it should be a consideration at the very least.

Why don't we have a better immigration policy US congress? 

What steps should we take to deal with inequality? How can we promote true liberty, all the while knowing that no perfect legislation is possible?

I came from the Midwest in 1985, I married a girl from Vietnam, my kids went through K-12 with a very diverse group of other children, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc...

I have a large degree of hope. But I live in San Francisco, and maybe that's a mirage.

Oh God, I hope not.

Peace!

The fact according to the FBI crime stats since 1990 more Americans have been killed by right wing WHITE hate groups 54 than left wing groups 11 

No you have reason for hope just don't go to States like Idaho or any other red states. With the 7nth largest economy in the worlds Ca is a great example of how people of all races can work together. Racists like tRump choose to highlight the crimes of minorities while denying crimes of white people. According to FBI crime stats of murders committed by politically motivated groups Right wing extremist groups have killed 54 police since 1990 Left wing extremist groups 11. Also Americans are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.  

On 12/31/2018 at 5:05 PM, Gregory said:

No you have reason for hope just don't go to States like Idaho or any other red states

beg pardon ? in 2015 Idaho had a 1.8 murder rate and california 4.8 in other numbers 30 to 1800

missing children 2000  Idaho  22  

without a doubt Idaho has embedded racist population hiding here that trickles out 

but we are soundly one of the safest states to live in year after year and we hope to keep that more then anything as we move into the future

We did just have a native American female pull down 38% of the state vote for governor and passed a law to give insurance to all the people left in the gap of health insurance

I know we can do better,  but can we get a little love here ?

4 hours ago, rrober49 said:

beg pardon ? in 2015 Idaho had a 1.8 murder rate and california 4.8 in other numbers 30 to 1800

missing children 2000  Idaho  22  

without a doubt Idaho has embedded racist population hiding here that trickles out 

but we are soundly one of the safest states to live in year after year and we hope to keep that more then anything as we move into the future

We did just have a native American female pull down 38% of the state vote for governor and passed a law to give insurance to all the people left in the gap of health insurance

I know we can do better,  but can we get a little love here ?

No question Idaho is a 'safer' place, and that's one thing that fuels racism - seeing that the very white state has a lot lower crime than the more 'multicultural' states.

And admittedly, we liberals need to do better at addressing that issue. We can't do it by denying the facts, nor should we, but we need to do it by better understanding the issues, and identifying improvements and solutions.

One question is whether a person born to one 'race' or another is inherently more 'criminal' or not. Biologically, no - even is racists think otherwise. But it's not all biological.

And so you can have groups who commit more crimes for whatever reasons - and that's when it gets tricky. Where people assign 'group blame' and thing the skin color is the cause, or at least use it as an identifiable warning sign - and they can be not wrong that a person's race statistically makes them a higher risk for committing crime.

Liberals have some of the answers on this - things like 'well, discrimination - historical and current - has created problems for those communities leading to that higher crime. White people in similar circumstances are more criminal also.'

A couple things with that, are that it doesn't actually solve much; and that it's a lot more complicated issue.

People in Idaho might tend to look at all this with a simple solution they want - just don't go multi-cultural and prevent the problems. A problem with that is that it does lump people by race into bad groups, and denies freedom and equality to them. And that it's not the most practical solution to segregate the country.

A somewhat related real issue is that 99% of the next billion people born will be born to the poorest 20% in the world. Poor people have more children. And that has effects, also.

If we don't do better at issues like creating opportunity, we are helping to increase the problems of things like higher crime by those who have less.

Another problem is those that simply recognize the difference, and have nothing to offer to improve things, but simply use it to justify more discrimination, blaming the people who are both wronged and doing wrong. Using it as a reason to not want to 'understand' anything about the issue, but just treat them like monsters and vote for trump.

And it's worse than people simply being ignorant, and irrational about the issues, they get emotionally strongly affected by them. It's a reason why we see the backlash against 'social justice', people fighting FOR hate speech - just as in the case in the OP.

And the issue is not one easily 'understood'. How do you distinguish the person who robs someone who is 'simply doing wrong' and the person who wouldn't have done that but for wrongs done to them, injustices, inequality, etc.?

Instead, you get different groups just looking at one part of the issues - every time a black person sees racism, it can reinforce their views, while every time a white person sees black crime, it can reinforce their views, and so on.

I haven't seen the Democratic Party do more in 40 years than 'call for a national conversation on race' - an almost meaningless position. At least LBJ actually tried to do something, with the war on poverty.

Another thing that's clear is that the communication on the issue is very poor. Liberals are too prone to just use 'racism' as an attack, while the people being called racist are 'sick of hearing it' and reject any 'racial justice' advocacy - feeling that way partly with justification and partly not.

Really, our cultural, our political, our communication systems, are doing very little to solve any of this, and as a result we have a 'divided country' - as with trump supporters and trump opponents. What actually seems to have more effect is when the situations change - more economic equality, removal of barriers, etc.

Democrats seem to have a hard time 'taking on this issue', only supporting the rather obvious parts of it like 'opposing racism', and reform of obviously unjust criminal justice, while having little to say about things like 'how to solve high-crime areas' - take Chicago's murder rate for just one example.

11 minutes ago, Craig234 said:

-snip-

I haven't seen the Democratic Party do more in 40 years than 'call for a national conversation on race' - an almost meaningless position. At least LBJ actually tried to do something, with the war on poverty.

Another thing that's clear is that the communication on the issue is very poor. Liberals are too prone to just use 'racism' as an attack, while the people being called racist are 'sick of hearing it' and reject any 'racial justice' advocacy - feeling that way partly with justification and partly not.

Really, our cultural, our political, our communication systems, are doing very little to solve any of this, and as a result we have a 'divided country' - as with trump supporters and trump opponents. What actually seems to have more effect is when the situations change - more economic equality, removal of barriers, etc.

Democrats seem to have a hard time 'taking on this issue', only supporting the rather obvious parts of it like 'opposing racism', and reform of obviously unjust criminal justice, while having little to say about things like 'how to solve high-crime areas' - take Chicago's murder rate for just one example.

Income inequality exacerbates and escalates the problem of crime by the underprivileged.  Looking at history and societies, around the world today, there is less crime, overall, where economic equality is highest.  That is just one compelling reason among many others, to spread wealth, as evenly as possible.

2 minutes ago, bludog said:

ncome inequality exacerbates and escalates the problem of crime by the underprivileged.  Looking at history and societies, around the world today, there is less crime, overall, where economic equality is highest.  That is just one compelling reason among many others, to spread wealth, as evenly as possible.

oddly Idaho seems willing to move forward with spread the wealth,  Bernie Sanders had a land slide of support come out of Idaho

53 minutes ago, rrober49 said:

oddly Idaho seems willing to move forward with spread the wealth,  Bernie Sanders had a land slide of support come out of Idaho

Evidence, it would seem, that the politics of tribal identity can be suspended if a convincing message of equality, from the right person,  replaces it.    Bernie has the gift to assure many on the right of his very real honesty.  His sincerity and legitimate intent tend to shine through, often in unexpected districts.  Many believe he would be president now had he been the Democratic candidate.

2 hours ago, bludog said:

Evidence, it would seem, that the politics of tribal identity can be suspended if a convincing message of equality, from the right person,  replaces it.    Bernie has the gift to assure many on the right of his very real honesty.  His sincerity and legitimate intent tend to shine through, often in unexpected districts.  Many believe he would be president now had he been the Democratic candidate.

Why don't you question the Republicans lack of answers for social problems they have 1 answer to all Americas problems give tax cuts to the rich. 

12 minutes ago, Gregory said:

Why don't you question the Republicans lack of answers for social problems they have 1 answer to all Americas problems give tax cuts to the rich. 

I have many times.  Right now, I'm responding to rrober49's comment.  You are welcome to start a new topic.

2 hours ago, bludog said:

I agree with you was trying to respond to rrob just didn't do it the right way and if you follow this conversation back it started with rrob replying to something I said.  Anyway sorry for the mistake

7 hours ago, bludog said:

Income inequality exacerbates and escalates the problem of crime by the underprivileged.  Looking at history and societies, around the world today, there is less crime, overall, where economic equality is highest.  That is just one compelling reason among many others, to spread wealth, as evenly as possible.

Definitely, but is that part of the issue, or the entire issue? Red state people note that there is a lot of poverty in red states with lower crime rates, and it reinforces the simple, race-based assumptions they leap to. It's a rather complicated issue with simple alternative explanations.

As is usually the case with issues as well, people are quick to adopt the responsive policies - 'more police! longer sentences!' - but not so much to embrace the things that actually help - such as better education and job availability.

Just as for example they'll ignore the policies we do that help create refugee crises, and only care about 'don't let the refugees in'. How much did we hear about 'the caravan' and 'the wall' as opposed to our backing a government in Honduras that's not a corrupt regime that came to power in a coup we backed?

9 hours ago, Gregory said:

I do ?  for the last 30 plus years

6 hours ago, Craig234 said:

Definitely, but is that part of the issue, or the entire issue? Red state people note that there is a lot of poverty in red states with lower crime rates, and it reinforces the simple, race-based assumptions they leap to. It's a rather complicated issue with simple alternative explanations.

As is usually the case with issues as well, people are quick to adopt the responsive policies - 'more police! longer sentences!' - but not so much to embrace the things that actually help - such as better education and job availability.

Just as for example they'll ignore the policies we do that help create refugee crises, and only care about 'don't let the refugees in'. How much did we hear about 'the caravan' and 'the wall' as opposed to our backing a government in Honduras that's not a corrupt regime that came to power in a coup we backed?

craig I truly agree and get the depth you take this to on the subject

But I dont think Idahos long standing history with the Federal government would suggest we are trying to hold on to racism  

Idaho has long standing water/ land use issues people over look that 

I do not like it anymore then the rest of you but im stuck waist deep in it and it is not something I get to turn off  and walk away from

I am 1 person asking how the outside looks and sees the racist in idaho as I live in Idaho. I do not see it to the terms i hear it . I do see a bunch of cheap bastard that will pick the low fruit to justify it 

I am sorry I used numbers to suggest a large population might be a trade off from problem to another

It fixes one problem and brings another

I am not a racist 

I do not like big cities