Sign in to follow this  
LoreD

STINK

Excellent Netflix documentary on chemical additives, especially in cosmetics and cleaning products.

The EPA has banned 10 chemicals in cosmetics, the EU has banned 1200.

China has different products for the U.S. than the EU based on the fact that we have almost no standards for carcinogens in our products.  China even produces products for the U.S. market that are banned in China.

Another good reason not to use cosmetics.  I really wish I could convince the female members of my family not to use them.  At least I finally convinced my youngest daughter to stop tanning.  

58 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Another good reason not to use cosmetics.  I really wish I could convince the female members of my family not to use them.  At least I finally convinced my youngest daughter to stop tanning.  

It is very difficult to stop using soap, shampoo, conditioner, and skin moisturizer.  All of those have cancer causing chemicals.

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was selling a perfume as a fundraiser.  They recommended buying it to give to women going through breast cancer treatment. The problem was that the perfumes contained chemicals that had been linked to causing breast cancer.  After a PR nightmare it did end the campaign.

Pinkwashing has reached a new low this year with “Promise Me,” a perfume commissioned by the giant of the breast cancer movement, Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Promise Me contains chemicals not listed in the ingredients that: (a) are regulated as toxic and hazardous, (b) have not been adequately evaluated for human safety, and (c) have demonstrated negative health effects.

Two chemicals of primary concern in Promise Me include Galaxolide and Toluene:

• Galaxolide is a synthetic musk that works as a hormone disruptor and has been detected in blood, breast milk, and even newborns.
  • Toluene is a potent neurotoxicant linked to a variety of demonstrated negative health effects and is widely known as one of the toxic trio. Toluene is banned by the International Fragrance Association (IFRA).