Five By Five

The Official Five by Five Water Cooler Media Collection (Enter at your own peril!!)

Love Steppenwolf, as it takes me back, especially one down and dirty trip to the beach right after high school.  We played Steppenwolf all the way.  Memories!

39 minutes ago, Mindy09 said:

Love Steppenwolf, as it takes me back, especially one down and dirty trip to the beach right after high school.  We played Steppenwolf all the way.  Memories!

Well, they were good, but they were also music thieves. The Steppenwolf song "Tighten Up Your Wig" is a direct copy of Junior Wells' "Messin' With the Kid".

I liked the Junior Wells version much better.  I'd never heard of him before, and I'm a blues fan, just not very knowledgeable about the earlier blues singers.  Every now and then I meet someone who tells me about someone I don't know, and I appreciate that.  

You're right, as it sounds like a copy and not a very good one.

Thanks to Pheonix68.. I know that cannabis prohibition was one of the greatest mistakes of the industrial age

I am grateful the the Republicans legalized Industrial Hemp farming in all 50 states this year.. it only took 90 years. we can make bricks and composites with the fastest growing and co2 absorbing bio mass on the planet

Cannabis is winning the war on drugs.. Try it.. You will like it.. Old folks love CBD.. They have no idea it comes from a pot plant.. GNC is selling the crap out of it

On 11/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, Five By Five said:

Peace Love and Happiness

28 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

Thanks to Pheonix68.. I know that cannabis prohibition was one of the greatest mistakes of the industrial age

I am grateful the the Republicans legalized Industrial Hemp farming in all 50 states this year.. it only took 90 years. we can make bricks and composites with the fastest growing and co2 absorbing bio mass on the planet

Cannabis is winning the war on drugs.. Try it.. You will like it.. Old folks love CBD.. They have no idea it comes from a pot plant.. GNC is selling the crap out of it

:wub:

3 minutes ago, Five By Five said:

14 hours ago, Five By Five said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4063068

:wub: My favorite, grace kelly. It's so refreshing to see a wholesome woman like her instead of some decadent slut sticking it in the camera. 

1 hour ago, rrober49 said:

any cross rock disco, like the stones, in the bag ? satire ?

do you see any aircraft shrapnel or suitcases??

3 million folks flying today

5 hours ago, Five By Five said:

do you see any aircraft shrapnel or suitcases??

yes pause it at 9 seconds left side of the fire about 1 inch below the s in S'bite you can track the shrapnel or suitcase for about 2 frames, and at 1: 39 to 1: 44 you can see debre flying out and you can see it landing on the sidewalk as well, hope that isn't a foot im looking at

On 11/20/2018 at 6:47 PM, Mindy09 said:

I liked the Junior Wells version much better.  I'd never heard of him before, and I'm a blues fan, just not very knowledgeable about the earlier blues singers.  Every now and then I meet someone who tells me about someone I don't know, and I appreciate that.  

You're right, as it sounds like a copy and not a very good one.

Junior Wells used to tour with Buddy Guy (and BG is probably on Messin' With the Kid). They also made a lot of records together.

I liked seeing them live together better than seeing BG alone. Although, alone,  BG was a bigger act. For some reason, JW held him back.

One other bit of trivia. When I was 18, on Mother's Day, a friend and I went to a BG & JW concert at a small club in Montreal. Afterwards, we went back stage and got drunk with JW. He was friendly, and didn't need to be friendly to two stupid teenage kids.