Hex2

Dimwitz says California should rake their 21,000,000 acres of forest

33 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

These "geniuses" won't even let the POWER COMPANIES trim back the trees from the POWER LINES!!

Hence, they rub against the insulation, get shorted and spark out in the tree causing the insulation to wear and POOF!!

A TREE goes up in smoke inside of no time and you got a FOREST FIRE!!

We had a major Black Out in this country because of an over sized tree falling on a transformer. It started a huge chain reaction

36 minutes ago, kfools said:

No, but I can link you to Californias plan to leave large swathes of forest alone to protect  certain species. 

In any case you used a red herring. If the suggestion is for California to cut large swathes of forests away from major populations and towns would you agree with that?

Or....if Trump recommends it will you disagree with it because Trump suggests it?

No link. Got it. 

President Trump visited the wildfire-devastated Paradise, California Saturday and offered the ravaged community a bizarre suggestion. "You gotta take care of the floors, you know the floors of the forest," said Trump. He then cited a conversation with the President of Finland, where, he said, "they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things. And they don’t have any problem. And when they do, it’s a very small problem."

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a25215464/trump-raking-wildfires-climate-change/

No red herring. Trump is a moron. The Finns are all over it on Twitter. 

When I want advice on forestry and wildfire management I will ask experts on forestry and wildlife management. I won’t ask an overgrown baby who tweets insults from the toilet. 

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Forestry management is far more complex than raking. Trump sits there on his fat arse spewing nonsense about things he knows nothing about. He’s like a belligerent drunk who spews the most ridiculous opinions.

Is that all he mentioned? Raking?

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

It was posted on daily Kos. Seemed obvious that it was a photoshop with the floating rake but Sixshooter seemed confused by it. 

I wasn't confused. You posted a fake picture which amounts to a lie. Own your dishonesty.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Not what I heard.

Do you have a link to Trump’s detailed forestry management plan for California ?

What did you "hear"? Do you have a link to Trump saying raking was the ONLY answer? Do you really expect a President to author a detailed forestry management plan?

1 hour ago, nuckin futz said:

P.G. and E has caused a lot of these fires, by neglecting their responsibility to trim trees near power lines, and they will dump the costs onto the consumer!This happens every year!Lawsuits are flying!

Paradise has a lot of mobile homes, which go up real easy!

Is it PG&E being negligent in trimming, or the state and its citizens not wanting trees cut down/trimmed?

California is heavily regulated, big government control on everything - were they negligent in their oversight? Are the taxpayers not getting as much bang for the massive taxes they pay as the government leads them to believe?

Every time there is a natural disaster - whether man or mother nature made - you can expect costs, especially insurance - to skyrocket for everyone in the state. Californians will pay the bill for these fires, not the insurance companies.

55 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

When I want advice on forestry and wildfire management I will ask experts on forestry and wildlife management. I won’t ask an overgrown baby who tweets insults from the toilet. 

If that's the case, it seems you won't be asking for that advice from California - the results of their approach speaks for itself.

28 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I wasn't confused. You posted a fake picture which amounts to a lie. Own your dishonesty.

You were trying to be smarmy and It blew up in your face. Don’t try to lie your way out of it, now.  Own your stupidity and your dishonesty.

Over and out liar. 

6 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

If that's the case, it seems you won't be asking for that advice from California - the results of their approach speaks for itself.

I have seen no evidence that the fires were caused by forestry management, climate change or anything else. Smart people wait for information before shooting off their mouths. Trump is not a smart person. 

4 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

You were trying to be smarmy and It blew up in your face. Don’t try to lie your way out of it, now.  Own your stupidity and your dishonesty.

Over and out liar. 

Haha, hurts getting called on your lie eh? Try being honest it's less painful.

What did I lie about?

3 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

I have seen no evidence that the fires were caused by forestry management, climate change or anything else. Smart people wait for information before shooting off their mouths. Not Trump. 

CA's forest management, or lack thereof, has been in question for quite some time - this is nothing new.

The information provided will be put forth in a manner the provider wishes it to be seen.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

Not what I heard.

Do you have a link to Trump’s detailed forestry management plan for California ?

32 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

What did you "hear"? Do you have a link to Trump saying raking was the ONLY answer? Do you really expect a President to author a detailed forestry management plan?

I noticed you ignored this one. Wassamatter? Don't want to answer for your lie about Trump's position on the matter??

2 hours ago, Hex2 said:

To prevent forest fires.

That should take about 21,000,000 people in Caalifornia to do that daily and weekly, annually.

Add another 20,000,000 in each of the Rocky Mountain states

Next will Orange fkin Dufus want to rake the great plains also.

That's only 500,000 square miles x 640 ac per mile = 320 millions acres

He better hire all of the MX's  for help

How can any dumbfk say so many stupid things,

Dumbest CS in history

https://www.fs.fed.us/research/pdf/Western_final.pdf

6 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

CA's forest management, or lack thereof, has been in question for quite some time - this is nothing new.

The information provided will be put forth in a manner the provider wishes it to be seen.

Trump uses forestry management to attack CA but there is no evidence that this fire was caused by forestry management. 

Perhaps the president could commission a federal study before offering a solution off the top of his head, 

10 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Perhaps the president could commission a federal study before offering a solution off the top of his head, 

Perhaps you could consider his position fairly before demonizing him according to your script writer's orders.

42 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Trump uses forestry management to attack CA but there is no evidence that this fire was caused by forestry management. 

As stated previously, the policy changes to "natural" forests have either led or contributed to the now constant, massively destructive fires we see on the left coast. Also as previously stated - none of this is new...

Decades Of Mismanagement Turned US Forests Into ‘Slow-Motion Time Bombs’

https://climatechangedispatch.com/forest-mismanagement-driving-wildfires/

“We knew exactly what would happen if we just walked away,” Zybach, an experienced forester with a Ph.D. in environmental science stated.

59 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

As stated previously, the policy changes to "natural" forests have either led or contributed to the now constant, massively destructive fires we see on the left coast. Also as previously stated - none of this is new...

Decades Of Mismanagement Turned US Forests Into ‘Slow-Motion Time Bombs’

https://climatechangedispatch.com/forest-mismanagement-driving-wildfires/

“We knew exactly what would happen if we just walked away,” Zybach, an experienced forester with a Ph.D. in environmental science stated.

That is a science denier website. Do you have a link to a more credible scientific site?

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

That is a science denier website. Do you have a link to a more credible scientific site?

Just do a search along the lines of "mismanaged forests" or "California forest management" and there are literally hundreds of articles.

4 hours ago, Olivaw said:

No link. Got it. 

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a25215464/trump-raking-wildfires-climate-change/

No red herring. Trump is a moron. The Finns are all over it on Twitter. 

Well the experts on Forestry in California are doing a bang up job.

Ask away. Lol

6 hours ago, SixShooter said:

So you're one of those who disagrees with Trump when he says we need to manage forests in a way that helps reduce forest fires?

By raking?

And he lied about the president of Finland telling him that.

Why does Trump always lie? And why do you lap it up?

Bill

4 hours ago, SixShooter said:

This president is incapable of making any kind of plan. He has the attention span (and intelligence) of a gnat. And no moral values.

You hitched yourself to quite a pick. LOL.

Shame on you.

Bill

3 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Just do a search along the lines of "mismanaged forests" or "California forest management" and there are literally hundreds of articles.

Here’s an article that explains why the problem is not poor forestry management. It is population growth and climate change. 

https://www.popsci.com/forest-management-california-fires#page-2

As catastrophic fires rage in California, President Trump looked for someone to blame. In a series of tweets posted Saturday and Sunday, Trump faulted "gross mismanagement of the forests" for the wildfires, which have killed at least 31 people. The president also threatened to cut federal funding for firefighting efforts.

Firefighters immediately pointed out errors in Trump's assertions. The Woolsey Fire started not in a forest but on a hillside near Simi Valley before spreading to suburban communities, while the Camp Fire is burning in an area thinned by fire 10 years ago. Forest management didn't cause these blazes and California is considered a leader in Forest management on private lands.

And while the legacy of America's old fire suppression strategy resulted in the buildup of excess flammable brush, there are two other key reasons why California is the perfect tinderbox. One is that the state has a growing number of people living in or near fire-prone areas.

The second is that California has a naturally dry climate, made worse by climate change and Trump's disregard for climate policies.

The U.S. Forest Service estimated in 2015 that climate change has led to fire seasons that are on average 78 days longer than they were almost 40 years ago.

9 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Forestry management is far more complex than raking. Trump sits there on his fat arse spewing nonsense about things he knows nothing about. He’s like a belligerent drunk who spews the most ridiculous opinions.

actually he is pretty well versed in this subject....and he is right...you on the other hand have no idea what the hell you are talking about.